Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

It's definitely a strategy and I'm coming around on the idea that it will make them more money than I initially thought. I dunno. There just still seems like a ton of overlap with the initial Switch. I can see, however, parents who themselves love to play the Switch and also have kids who do getting those kids a Lite because it frees up the original for the parents to play.

Maybe I'm just salty they haven't announced a Switch Pro yet lol.
I know how you feel. I was hoping they would put out a suped up version too. At this point I wonder if they will with this console cycle so near it's end though.

I know how you feel. I was hoping they would put out a suped up version too. At this point I wonder if they will with this console cycle so near it's end though.

You think it's near it's end? It feels only yesterday they brought it out and it still is doing extremely well.

You think it's near it's end? It feels only yesterday they brought it out and it still is doing extremely well.
How many years was the ds out before the DSi came out. Or Gameboy advance before the Gameboy advance foldable? They won't make anew system just upgrade it

Sony and Microsoft are putting new consoles out next year from the look of it. Nintendo will probably follow a year or two later. I'd say the switch has 2 or 3 years before it gets replaced. Where they had to replace the Wii U early it created a short cycle for them. They could go the pro route I guess. But they have to keep up with the other two consoles to some extent. Otherwise they'll lose all 3rd party support. Nintendo has always released within a couple of years of their main competitors for its main consoles. The Switch will probably live on as a handheld, hence the Lite.

I still think the Wii U was a prototype for the switch. The u controller IS the switch minus the removable Joy cons and the controller playing the actual games.

I think they used to u to make money on the literal prototype and had no plans of the u lasting long.

Atleast Nintendo tries to be creative. My son loves his switch too.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Was coming here to post this. It's not a new Switch, but the battery life would be nice. I'm going to continue to hold out and see if they announce a Switch Pro of sorts.
Hopefully the new processor bumps performance a bit. I might pick one up as don't have a Switch. I've been playing Breath of the Wild on the Wii U. With this, I imagine we have a bit of a wait on a Pro, if we get one.

Hopefully the new processor bumps performance a bit. I might pick one up as don't have a Switch. I've been playing Breath of the Wild on the Wii U. With this, I imagine we have a bit of a wait on a Pro, if we get one.

Yeah throughout today I was thinking and came to the same conclusion. It'll be a while before we get any other type of Switch system, I think. And I now highly doubt we get a Pro version. Kinda sucks hah.

Yeah throughout today I was thinking and came to the same conclusion. It'll be a while before we get any other type of Switch system, I think. And I now highly doubt we get a Pro version. Kinda sucks hah.
Yeah, why bother upgrading the old one if your going to put out a Pro? Still, Nintendo looks to be consolidating it's console and handheld business into one platform. So there shouldn't be any shortage of games for the thing in the next few years.

Yeah, why bother upgrading the old one if your going to put out a Pro? Still, Nintendo looks to be consolidating it's console and handheld business into one platform. So there shouldn't be any shortage of games for the thing in the next few years.

Exactly. Now to wait for a good bundle to happen. Games I'm interested in playing are Zelda BotW, Pokemon, and Metroid 4...in which the last two haven't even come out yet. I'm sure there are more, but those are at the top currently.

Exactly. Now to wait for a good bundle to happen. Games I'm interested in playing are Zelda BotW, Pokemon, and Metroid 4...in which the last two haven't even come out yet. I'm sure there are more, but those are at the top currently.
BOTW is awesome, I'll probably buy one as soon as the update console is out. Been putting it off for a bit. Glad I waited with the updated hardware coming.

BOTW is awesome, I'll probably buy one as soon as the update console is out. Been putting it off for a bit. Glad I waited with the updated hardware coming.
The old model number for the Switch is HAC-001. The new Switch model with the upgraded processor and better battery life has model number HAC-001(-01) and has serial numbers starting with "SKW".

Nintendo announces updated Switch with better battery life
Yep, should be hitting stores in a month or so from what I saw.

SNES titles are now available for play through Nintendo Online. Here are the available games to play right now...

• Super Mario World™
  • Super Mario World™ 2: Yoshi's Island™
  • Super Mario Kart™
  • The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
  • Super Metroid™
  • Star Fox™
  • F-ZERO™
  • Stunt Race FX™
  • Pilotwings™
  • Kirby's Dream Land™ 3
  • Kirby's Dream Course™
  • Super Ghouls'n Ghosts™
  • Demon's Crest
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Breath Of Fire
  • BRAWL BROTHERS
  • SUPER E.D.F. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
  • Super Tennis
  • Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics

Not a bad lineup for starters. Would love to see them add Super Punch Out next.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I finished Link's Awakening last Sunday. Loved every minute of it. If you've played the original Game Boy or Game Boy Color version, you've essentially played this one in that they didn't really change anything storywise nor did they really change the course of the game. But that didn't bother me at all.

I wish they'd re-do Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons; those are 2 really good Game Boy Color Zelda games that are often overlooked.

I know I'm way late to the party, but I finally bought a Switch a couple of weeks ago and I love it so far. I had played BOTW on my sister's Wii-U but for some reason I enjoy it more on the Switch. Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Odyssey are great games as well. I wish they would port the 3DS versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask onto the Switch. I never had a 3DS but I would love to play the N64 Zelda games again.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

VN Store

Back