Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

Nintendo laid out it's online system plans, and overall it's not really that impressive IMO. Granted it's only $20 but seems like they took a long time to announce something that really shouldn't have taken that long.

Nintendo laid out it's online system plans, and overall it's not really that impressive IMO. Granted it's only $20 but seems like they took a long time to announce something that really shouldn't have taken that long.

And no virtual console. What a waste of money. Glad I skipped this.

And no virtual console. What a waste of money. Glad I skipped this.

That could just mean they are retiring the actual "Virtual Console" brand, but I'm skeptical. I mean the "free" NES games are a nice start, but unless they expand it then it's pretty meh.

I love the NES but for crying out loud enough. We've had the Wii, Wii U, 3DS, and the NES Mini in the past decade to play a ton of NES games. Giving us a way to play Super Mario Bros. 3 is no longer a big deal Nintendo. And to a lesser degree same with the Super NES.

As a longtime Nintendo fan, I and likely the majority of Nintendo fans want to see an expansion of the availablity of N64 and GameCube games, and I don't just mean letting us buy Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask again. The VC was great but the suport for the N64 across both the Wii and Wii U was pretty terrible. And I know fans want GameCube games.

That could just mean they are retiring the actual "Virtual Console" brand, but I'm skeptical. I mean the "free" NES games are a nice start, but unless they expand it then it's pretty meh.

I love the NES but for crying out loud enough. We've had the Wii, Wii U, 3DS, and the NES Mini in the past decade to play a ton of NES games. Giving us a way to play Super Mario Bros. 3 is no longer a big deal Nintendo. And to a lesser degree same with the Super NES.

As a longtime Nintendo fan, I and likely the majority of Nintendo fans want to see an expansion of the availablity of N64 and GameCube games, and I don't just mean letting us buy Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask again. The VC was great but the suport for the N64 across both the Wii and Wii U was pretty terrible. And I know fans want GameCube games.

My hunch is they are just retiring the name because they're trying to separate the Switch from the stench of the Wii/Wii U as much as possible. I have no doubt we'll see classic Nintendo games for sale on the e-shop. Itll just be under some other name like "Nintendo Classics" or something of that ilk.

Either way, theres no way I'm not buying in. My kid enjoys playing Splatoon 2 online way too much and for 20 bucks a year, eh I've spent more on less.

Last edited:
Rumor: Retro studios reportedly working on a new Star Fox...RACING game for Switch.

Leaks suggest Nintendo's Retro Studios making Star Fox racing spin-off • Eurogamer.net

Leaks suggest Nintendo's Retro Studios making Star Fox racing spin-off • Eurogamer.net

sfcrpx.jpg

*can somebody edit the title, it's Retro obviously and not Rare*

NES Classic Minis will be available again June 29th. Since I got a Super NES Classic I'm going to get a NES one too. Plus I'm betting by the end of the year they'll announce a N64 Classic.

Looks like Pokémon for Switch will be revealed soon. This just leaked.

Rumor: Pokemon Switch reveal happening soon, unconfirmed details - Nintendo Everything

pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-656x403.jpg

It’s been a busy start to the week for Nintendo rumors. In the latest round of speculation, Pokemon is the focus.

Nintendo and The Pokemon Company are supposedly gearing up for a reveal very soon. Emily Rogers, who has been both correct and somewhat off with past rumors in the past, claims that an announcement will be happening by the end of the month. Rogers brings up Pokemon GO as she suggests fans consider what that mobile game could mean for the future of the series. The name and branding may also “raise a few eyebrows.”

Fan site Serebii isn’t one known for posting rumors, and while nothing is confirmed, has actually mentioned a logo that popped up today with the name “Pokemon Let’s Go! Pikachu”. The site says it “matches up with various pieces of alleged leaked information that have come up for the game.”

What exactly are those details? These tidbits in particular have been making the rounds:

– Yellow remakes for Switch
– Pikachu and Eevee versions
– Red and Blue play a role in the story
– You and your rival are new trainers
– Following Pokemon return
– HMs still replaced with Pokeride from Alola
– Online has a hub for players
– GO integration
– Catching Pokemon works like in GO
– Rewards in game and in GO for linking the two together
– New accessory can be used with both GO and the games
– Announcement soon, releasing this year

As always with these rumors, we must caution that nothing is confirmed at the moment. When the new Switch game is revealed, we’ll be sure to bring you all of the official details.

I don't mind linking Pokemon go and the switch game but I don't like having the switch game have the same way to catch the Pokemon... Still excited for it though

I don't mind linking Pokemon go and the switch game but I don't like having the switch game have the same way to catch the Pokemon... Still excited for it though

I'm curious to know how that will work. Does it mean we can use our smartphone to catch Pokemon within the Switch game? I'm very intrigued with this. Either way my son is a die hard Pokémon fanatic so we'll get the game regardless.

What I really want is a free-roam 3D Pokemon RPG like the handheld games, but more in depth, much better graphics, and made for a console.

I'm curious to know how that will work. Does it mean we can use our smartphone to catch Pokemon within the Switch game? I'm very intrigued with this. Either way my son is a die hard Pokémon fanatic so we'll get the game regardless.

I think it'll be more of we can transfer the Pokemon we have in the Pokemon go game to the switch game. Just speculation of course.

That makes sense and it would certainly motivate me to play more Go. I haven't played it in nearly a year.

Honestly I hope you can't. So many people already have like 20+ of each legendary it's ridiculous. I haven't played since Emerald, but they way the go about giving legendaries away it is quite sad. They should be tough to catch and very pleasing to have. Now you can easily get them making them less of a specialty.

Honestly I hope you can't. So many people already have like 20+ of each legendary it's ridiculous. I haven't played since Emerald, but they way the go about giving legendaries away it is quite sad. They should be tough to catch and very pleasing to have. Now you can easily get them making them less of a specialty.

Maybe rather than letting us simply port over all of our existing Pokémon, they will partner with Niantic to release certain "Switch Edition" Pokémon in the wild for us to find. I don't know. Just spit-balling here.

Maybe rather than letting us simply port over all of our existing Pokémon, they will partner with Niantic to release certain "Switch Edition" Pokémon in the wild for us to find. I don't know. Just spit-balling here.

That I could get behind depending on how it works.

I just hope they aren't making something along the lines of a Pokemon Snap type of game.

VN Store

Back