Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

I’ve sat here with a Switch in my cart for a few weeks. I really want one, but only for Zelda and Mario. Think it will drop in price by next Christmas? I’ve got a backlog of games on Xbox and PS4 that would wrap around the earth, so I can wait...I guess. Unless they’re too good to wait on?

How so? I’ve been skeptical of giving it a shot. Worth it I’m guessing?

I think so. Races are quick and fun (turn off the assistance). Graphics are better than expected. Doesn’t take forever to upgrade cars (car class).

I didn’t expect much from the game honestly, so I’m happy. I wanted a decent enough game other than MK, and GCU is definitely it. Now it’s not a Forza or GT, but a very good game.

I’ve sat here with a Switch in my cart for a few weeks. I really want one, but only for Zelda and Mario. Think it will drop in price by next Christmas? I’ve got a backlog of games on Xbox and PS4 that would wrap around the earth, so I can wait...I guess. Unless they’re too good to wait on?

I seriously doubt it. By the time the final quarter numbers come out, the Switch will have sold almost as many units in 9 months that the Wii U has sold in its lifetime (if not more). The Wii U had a $50 price drop within a year of its release because it wasn't selling, but the Switch isn't going to have this problem. My guess it will be 2 years after release at least before you see any official price drop.

Just got a switch for Christmas with Mario Kart. Really fun so far, especially the battle modes.

I'll probably buy Zelda or Mario Odyssey next. Any opinion on which I should get first? I can't decide!

They both look really fun.

Just got a switch for Christmas with Mario Kart. Really fun so far, especially the battle modes.

I'll probably buy Zelda or Mario Odyssey next. Any opinion on which I should get first? I can't decide!

Zelda. Spend an hour or 2 with it and you will see why.

"Santa" brought my son a Switch along with MK8 Deluxe and Mario Odyssey. Odyssey is amazing! A flawlessly designed game IMO. He also got Splatoon 2 from Grandma. That's also a VERY fun multiplayer game!

We don't have Zelda yet but it's next on our list of purchases.

Depends on what type of gamer you are.

Odyssey has a lot to do but it's more casual, and has much more of a "pick it up and play it an hour."

Zelda is an epic adventure game you can easily put 100+ hours into.

Zelda is a better game but if you don't like games that you have to get really involved in, you might not like it as much.

Depends on what type of gamer you are.

Odyssey has a lot to do but it's more casual, and has much more of a "pick it up and play it an hour."

Zelda is an epic adventure game you can easily put 100+ hours into.

Zelda is a better game but if you don't like games that you have to get really involved in, you might not like it as much.

In any event, both games are must haves to add to your Switch library!

I have a noob question. I rarely play any games. Is the Switch a quick plug and play device that I can use on an airplane without internet access? And do I have to have any sort of online account to use it?

I have a noob question. I rarely play any games. Is the Switch a quick plug and play device that I can use on an airplane without internet access? And do I have to have any sort of online account to use it?

I call BS, but will answer.

You don’t need Internet access all the time. And you’ll have to create a Nintendo account.

I call BS, but will answer.

You don’t need Internet access all the time. And you’ll have to create a Nintendo account.

You’re calling bs on what? That I am considering purchasing the item? I need something to fill time on long flights. My iPad games are boring.

Yes and yes.

Nintendo’s online is extremely basic right now but sometime in 2018 they are officially launching their online system and it will be $20 a year.

VN Store

Back