Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

It might, but as of now Star Fox Zero is coming out April 22. If they end up pushing that back, it maybe happening.

And yeah Star Fox is more of a cult classic type game. It was a small but loyal following, and it's also a series that peaked 20 years ago. The first SNES game and the N64 sequel/remake were both good but everything since has been meh.

New leadership, new direction. Besides, of those 3 only Zelda is a true blockbuster. Star Fox has never been as popular (or as good) as Nintendo fans want to believe it is. Pokken tournament is just a relatively unpopular (in Japan) arcade fighting game featuring Pokemon characters.

The NX will be way more than the freakn' Ouya! Come on Rose, youre smarter than that!

I was joking around a bit. However, they have 2 main problems that need to be solved. Their internet/online presence is next to zero. And their 3rd party support/licensing/whatever you want to call it has been terrible on home consoles for generations now because of stupid hardware decisions they've made.

They like to exist in their own little world and make their own rules. They struck gold with the Wii but that was short lived and didn't do much to contribute to a long term entertainment revenue stream.

They make some amazing products but their spot in the home console market is shrinking and dying unless they really change their path. Best of luck too them. Maybe they will figure out customers want to play all the new AAA games and that Mario doesn't have to be in everything.

Can I just get Legend of zelda WiiU please...Ive been waiting to get the WiiU just for Zelda...

I'm not buying a Nintendo console to play Mario or Zelda.

My next gaming purchase will be a VR headset in the next year or two. I didn't even buy a PS4. I'm a PC gamer though.

I'm not buying a Nintendo console to play Mario or Zelda.

My next gaming purchase will be a VR headset in the next year or two I didn't even buy a PS4. I'm a PC gamer though.

Frankly, I'd rather play Mario and Zelda. I'm just not ready to believe that VR will be anything more than another gimmick like Kinect or PS Move.

Frankly, I'd rather play Mario and Zelda. I'm just not ready to believe that VR will be anything more than another gimmick like Kinect or PS Move.

This.

Motion controls were supposed to be the future and that fad lasted maybe 2 years, and the Wii was the only one to have real success. Kinect and Move never really even got going. Plus the Wii had the Wii board and some other "innovations" that were duds.

I'm going to have to see several quality VR titles before I buy in. The Wii was sold on Wii Sports and IMHO other than Wii Sports Resort maybe, no other game got the motion controls as good as it did.

This.

Motion controls were supposed to be the future and that fad lasted maybe 2 years, and the Wii was the only one to have real success. Kinect and Move never really even got going. Plus the Wii had the Wii board and some other "innovations" that were duds.

I'm going to have to see several quality VR titles before I buy in. The Wii was sold on Wii Sports and IMHO other than Wii Sports Resort maybe, no other game got the motion controls as good as it did.

I'm willing to bet that 50 years from now, the vast majority of gaming will still be done sitting in front of a TV/Monitor while holding a controller or using a keyboard and mouse. It's still the best method and I cannot imagine anything that will significantly improve on it.

Last edited:
Go home Nintendo, you're drunk.

I once thought as you did. I used to be bitter at them for not "growing up" with me as a gamer. However I've come to realize that Nintendo has their place in this industry. They are the "Disney" of gaming and now that I have young kids of my own I appreciate that. My 5 year old loves the Wii U. He doesn't give a **** about the console war or that the Wii U is 3rd in sales. All he knows is that Super Mario World 3D, Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon are really fun to play. I appreciate that Nintendo wants to provide family friendly games that my kids can play.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm willing to bet that 50 years from now, the vast majority of gaming will still be done sitting in front of a TV/Monitor while holding a controller or using a keyboard and mouse. It's still the best method and I cannot imagine anything that will significantly improve on it.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Very interesting. Considering how cheap read only memory is now and the fact you can have up to 128gb chips, I wouldn't be opposed to this idea considering the benefits (no moving parts would = a sturdier, more reliable console plus virtually zero loading times).

Macronix to supply memory for Nintendo NX, cartridges possible.

Share on: Facebook Google+ Twitter Posted on 29/01/2016 by Jack Parsons
Nintendo Cartridge Macronix Memory NX

Macronix International Co Ltd (a manufacturer of non-volatile memory) have confirmed that they will be supplying some form of memory for the upcoming Nintendo NX.

During an online Q4 2015 financial results conference, Macronix’s President C.Y. Lu talks about the current state of the ROM memory business and mentions that one of their key customers is planning a new generation platform. Towards the end of the conference call (during the Q&A section) it is then revealed that he was in fact referring to the Nintendo NX.

Macronix Key Customer ROM slide - Nintendo NX

The following text is a rough translation of Yahoo’s (Chinese) financial stock article, covering the news:

Japanese video-game company Nintendo will launch their new NX system this year. Macronix’s General Manager (CY Lu) said that Macronix will supply products for the NX and has considerable expectations regarding this.

Macronix held an online conference this afternoon. Due to Nintendo releasing their new NX system this year, investors were concerned about whether Macronix (who have a longstanding business relationship with Nintendo) will be part of the NX supply chain.

CY Lu stated that Macronix will provide memory units for the NX and, internally, has considerable expectations regarding the NX.

Despite refusing to disclose whether they will supply the NX with ROM, CY Lu did say that he expects ROM sales to be outstanding this year.

In the past, Macronix have produced ROM memory for various Nintendo game cartridges, including the Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS. They have also produced flash memory for consoles such as the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. So what could Macronix be bringing to the NX?

Speculation time:

On February 20th 2015, Nintendo filed a patent (US 20150231511) for a games system that lacked an optical disc drive. The patent stated that the system would included a “card slot” that “can read or write data from/to the attached memory card” and “store the read-out program in the first memory or the internal HDD”.

Nintendo Patent Card Slot System

If the patent above does in fact refer to the Nintendo NX (which it may not) then taking into considering Macronix’s involvement, could the NX mark Nintendo’s return to cartridge based software for home consoles? Or will Macronix simply be providing internal memory for the NX system instead? Only time will tell.

Details of the Nintendo NX are due to be release at some point in 2016.

Very interesting. Considering how cheap read only memory is now and the fact you can have up to 128gb chips, I wouldn't be opposed to this idea considering the benefits (no moving parts would = a sturdier, more reliable console plus virtually zero loading times).

I wonder about piracy. Someone will R4 the s**t out of that thing like they did all of the DS systems.

Nintendo shutting down Wii Street U in March

Another sign the Wii U is dying, apps and services are starting to be discontinued. The TV option already shut down and now this. Same thing started happening with the Wii. I think on the Wii only the Wii Shop still works, as well as the video apps like Netflix.

More rumors to throw on the pile...

1. It has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device. A user can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output and the devices uses an evolved version of the Wii U’s streaming tech to display in HD to the TV screen.

2. Allegedly the analog controls for movement has small motors in them for full haptic feedback. Meaning if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the direction of that wall to simulate running head first into it. This can also be used for jerking when firing a gun, taking damage, moving over rough terrain, ect.

3. It can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device.

4. The closest in terms of “power” it gets to is the Xbox One, but an app idea is Wii U x50 and Playstation Vita x100. The key is that all the tech is exactly the same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One which then combine it with the OS’s strong emulation functions and compiler means that any game that can run of a Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modification to the original source code, especially if it runs in Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. This is allegedly why Nintendo has given out the dev kits so late, as one 3rd Party dev put it “It’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”

5. Look to Pokemon GO to get the idea of the type of social features that will be in NX that will take multiplayer, AR and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level.

6. The real strengths of the device is its usability and ease of use. Developers have described to me more than once that it visually and functionally looks as if “Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS” had a baby, in that it looks friendly but unlike what most people visualize a Nintendo device to typically look. The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android. It also has a very strong networking functions as it ties into multiple devices and services allowing a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer’s lives.

More rumors to throw on the pile...

I saw that yesterday and it sounds good so far.

Now just add

1. Back catalog continuation and, more importantly, cross-buy. Sick of buying the same game multiple times for different platforms.

2. An actual online account system.

3. Trophy/Achievement/High Score support. It would be great if the added them to old games like Ps4 is doing with Ps2 games now.

Jesus Christ! Please don't let this be true!

2hx8utw.jpg

fuyqz8.jpg

Rumour: New Images Of Nintendo NX Controller Appear – My Nintendo News

Only the upper ‘nubs’ of the sticks move. The bottom part is static (kind of like the circle pad, but it moves along the bottom ‘sphere’.

The rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel. Though I do don’t believe this will be the final design.

Haptic feedback is feels like Apples ‘taptic’ engine. Not like regular rumble.

3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom

Last edited:
[Update] Nintendo Addresses Report That It Is Ending Wii U Production In 2016 - News - www.GameInformer.com

A report that Nintendo will stop production of the Wii U in Japan by the end of 2016. Nintendo has responded but didn't exactly deny it, just said they'd continue to produce into the new fiscal year and that starts 4/1/2016.

I think with the NX rumors growing stronger and the Wii U console sales still sagging and getting worse, plus with the only big Wii U game on the horizon being Zelda (which may end up on the NX as well), I would bet the Wii U production rumors are true.

[Update] Nintendo Addresses Report That It Is Ending Wii U Production In 2016 - News - www.GameInformer.com

A report that Nintendo will stop production of the Wii U in Japan by the end of 2016. Nintendo has responded but didn't exactly deny it, just said they'd continue to produce into the new fiscal year and that starts 4/1/2016.

I think with the NX rumors growing stronger and the Wii U console sales still sagging and getting worse, plus with the only big Wii U game on the horizon being Zelda (which may end up on the NX as well), I would bet the Wii U production rumors are true.

I agree. It's all just corporate speak to try and minimize negative reaction. Wii U is officially a doorstop.

Hey now, the GameCube controller kicked ass! Also, the Wii U pro controller is very comfortable. It's just incredibly derivative.

It was the best of the bunch since SNES, but still sucked compared to the competition's controllers. It seems kick ass when compared to everything else they've made in 20 years lol that D-Pad suuuucked.

I agree. It's all just corporate speak to try and minimize negative reaction. Wii U is officially a doorstop.

The funny part is I've been listening to Nintendo fanboys on other sites deny the demise of the Wii U for months now. The rumors for months now have been that Nintendo is going to officially unveil the NX sometime this year (probably at e3) and that Zelda would be a dual release on the Wii U and NX (just like Twilight Princess on the GC and Wii), and that the Wii U would basically be a dead system by the end of the year The N fanboys have passionately denied all this, and seeing it happen actually makes me laugh a bit.

I love Nintendo but their fanboys IMHO are the worse. They are like Vandy fans, the have the smallest fanbase but they can be the most obnoxious and elitist.

It does suck that the Wii U is only going to last really 4 years but it's obvious Nintendo needs to move on. Actually, it's really been more like 3 years if we're talking relevancy and that's being very kind. To be honest the Wii U hasn't been a factor at all this gen.

VN Store

Back