Nintendo classic mini

I was hoping for an snes mini. Hopefully it's switch flops so badly that they are forced to fall back on this ****

Seriously just buy a Raspberry Pi. You can play all the NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, GameGear, Neo Geo, PS1, Sega Saturn, and N64 games you want.

What is the big draw for you with these mini systems?

First and foremost, I don't want a $400 Switch, I prefer a $100 SNES.

Second, I like the original controllers.

Third, I like the convenience. When we run up to the cabin or fly to Texas to be with the nephews, I can fit it in a carry-on. I don't want a modded xbox or whatever because I will hate toting it around. We don't even play the nintendo mini much at home.

In my view, you'd be giving up the real snes controller to have access to all game systems through PS2 on a smaller box than the NES mini with a wireless PS4 controller.

Seemed like a good deal to me. I got a pi a few weeks ago. It also doubles as a Kodi box so you could watch anything you wanted while on vacation.

Last edited:
In my view, you'd be giving up the real snes controller to have access to all game systems through PS2 on a smaller box than the NES mini with a wireless PS4 controller.

Seemed like a good deal to me. I got a pi a few weeks ago. It also doubles as a Kodi box so you could watch anything you wanted while on vacation.

I might have to do that but i'm not interested in having playstation games. I only want games I used to play. I did all nintendo systems until Xbox.....and I hate playstation controllers with a passion.

I like paying for stuff too. Not saying I wouldn't do a pi, especially since i don't have an option to get a mini snes.

I might have to do that but i'm not interested in having playstation games. I only want games I used to play. I did all nintendo systems until Xbox.....and I hate playstation controllers with a passion.

I like paying for stuff too. Not saying I wouldn't do a pi, especially since i don't have an option to get a mini snes.

This bundle includes everything you would possibly need. It includes the board, a case, 2 SNES-type controllers, a 32GB micro sd card (and adapter), an HDMI cable, heat sinks (if you plan on overclocking), an AC adapter, etc . :hi:

https://www.amazon.com/Vilros-Raspb...7-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Badass.

Like many others have stated, if Nintendo were to offer its old game library on Switch, they'd be a force to be reckoned with. I really don't understand a lot of their marketing or business choices...

Unless you're just a die-hard Nintendo fan who has to collect everything they put out, why buy this when, again, you can get a Ras-Pi and play virtually EVERY SNES game ever made and so much more?

Unless you're just a die-hard Nintendo fan who has to collect everything they put out, why buy this when, again, you can get a Ras-Pi and play virtually EVERY SNES game ever made and so much more?

For me, part of it is the look of the system vs a pi. Also the controllers are knockoffs...there is nothing quite like the real thing. Third, i'd rather reward nintendo for making cool stuff.

The guy who makes the pi is riding their coat tails and will never contribute anything new to the gaming world. Nintendo, however, has given me years of enjoyment and will give others years of enjoyment to come. They deserve my money. As much as they **** with their customers i'm still way on top in our relationship. I feel loyalty.

Reactions: 1 person
For me, part of it is the look of the system vs a pi. Also the controllers are knockoffs...there is nothing quite like the real thing. Third, i'd rather reward nintendo for making cool stuff.

The guy who makes the pi is riding their coat tails and will never contribute anything new to the gaming world. Nintendo, however, has given me years of enjoyment and will give others years of enjoyment to come. They deserve my money. As much as they **** with their customers i'm still way on top in our relationship. I feel loyalty.

Eh, do as you wish. However I certainly wouldnt feel obligated to "reward" Nintendo when they don't reward the consumer by making their products readily available.

I'm not the average console buyer (work in IT), so yes, I could make a Raspberry Pi work and be content with it. However, the average consumer won't want to do that.

If Nintendo beefed up their digital market a re-offered classic games for reasonable prices, they'd make a killing.

Read something that could be behind the real reason they discontinued the NESC. I think they saw that it was being hacked to **** and decided to pull it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the SNESC with a little better safeguards to prevent it from being hacked to ****...................even though no matter what they do, someone will figure it out quick lol.

Because most people think you are talking about a dessert in the statement above

Anyone have one they want to part ways with? (And aren't an a**hole with pricing)

I'm so addicted to Final Fantasy III and Super Metroid. I was worried they wouldn't be as good as I remembered.

Super Mario World isn't as good as I remember. It's too easy.

How available are the SNES Classics? Local Best Buys didn't have any, but online in other areas it seems like most people who wanted one didn't really have much problem getting one.

I'd like to pick one up for the collector aspect, and probably pick up a NES Classic when they re-release it next summer.

VN Store

Back