NHL 16

I enjoyed it overall, as all I generally play is HUT and Versus anyway. For $20 its worth it as a time killer, but it pales in comparison to the next version

Any indication of an actual full game at release this time around?

Any indication of an actual full game at release this time around?

Sort of?

GM Connected is gone, shootout mode is gone, but as far as I know the nuts and bolts game modes are all included again as far as otp and stuff.

And mascots!

Yeah, with some changes. Sounds like attributes are gone, with fairly generic player builds as templates to keep things more balanced.

Of course, it's EA, so anything they say is thoroughly vetted by the propaganda ministry, they probably cut corners on eashl player builds and are painting it as an improvement.

uuughhh

"nothing to see here, but hey! Wanna buy a few HUT player packs?!"

uuughhh

"nothing to see here, but hey! Wanna buy a few HUT player packs?!"

As much as I like HUT, and it has easily been my favorite mode for years, it's a shame that it's become the centerpiece of the game at the expense of everything else

Shouldn't be a surprise; being EA an all.... at least there will be some form of EASHL

I loved GM connected, may just skip this one again. A broken EASHL isn't all that exciting.

I have a scheduled day off to take care of a few things, so hoped to get some games in during the day.

I'm really not a fan of how Sony updates the store mid day as opposed to overnight.

You actually need to work for goals, rather than stretch pass up the boards-deke-deke-pass across the hashes-score.

The balanced speed makes it a more tactical game, AI defenders do good work taking the middle in their zone, folks who excelled at the arcade type games in previous years are sure to *****, and EA will probably overcorrect it, but I really enjoy it.

Now to get the club to play hockey a bit..m

A bunch of people complaining about puck control not being great, but I'm actually a fan. In previous iterations it seemed that it was far too easy to carry and protect the puck through traffic, and that's been made much more realistic.

However, seeing EA's "one step forward, 2 steps back" patching system I doubt it'll stay as good as it is currently.

In the NHL, even Datsyuk can easily be knocked off the puck. Puck control is organized chaos and should be difficult

Reactions: 1 person
All in all it's a good change, I'll probably play a bit with a club when it comes out, which will be an improvement over joining up with randoms.

There's a few things that need touching up of course, the new keeper controls aren't natural at all, basically everything requires LT to be held down, itd be more sensible to reverse the button so you're only pressing it occasionally.

Can't emphasize enough how much the live puck helps, you find yourself chopping it forward and jostling much more for possession, instead of clean tape to tapes or clean pick offs every pass.

I'm not a fan of OTP/EASHL in general, but I've had a good bit of fun with it.

All in all it's a good change, I'll probably play a bit with a club when it comes out, which will be an improvement over joining up with randoms.

There's a few things that need touching up of course, the new keeper controls aren't natural at all, basically everything requires LT to be held down, itd be more sensible to reverse the button so you're only pressing it occasionally.

Can't emphasize enough how much the live puck helps, you find yourself chopping it forward and jostling much more for possession, instead of clean tape to tapes or clean pick offs every pass.

I'm not a fan of OTP/EASHL in general, but I've had a good bit of fun with it.

Tommy is back so I'm sure he will be wanting to play EASHL. Now just get Fleetwood to get a PS4 and we can play

VN Store

Back