NFL 2017 Postseason Thread

The only team with a winning record the Lions beat were the Tennessee Titans I believe.

Edit: Nevermind. They lost. They beat no teams with a winning record.

Edit again: They beat the Redskins

Last edited:
I just don't understand why players can't just do this in the offseason.

The point of weed is that it relaxes your body and chills you out...it's never more useful than after week 17 with the playoffs looming...but it's so stupid he did this because of the arbitrary rules they have to live by.

Go drink your organs to death or pop pills until you are dangerously constipated and uselessly groggy, just don't puff a little weed.

Well they probably won't put up much of a fight either.

Think about this. The Patriots have 3 possible opponents. The Dolphins, Texans, and Raiders. None of them have their starting quarterback. The Patriots are probably the best team in the AFC, but between their regular season schedule and their early playoff competition, they sure have had it easy.

Oh brother, let the conspiracies rain down. The Patriots are in because of their cakewalk schedule, Falcons are in because they overcame the most
daunting schedule in the history of the league. Bravo! :good!:

The point of weed is that it relaxes your body and chills you out...it's never more useful than after week 17 with the playoffs looming...but it's so stupid he did this because of the arbitrary rules they have to live by.

Go drink your organs to death or pop pills until you are dangerously constipated and uselessly groggy, just don't puff a little weed.

You can here him (Shepard) mention Adderall in the video, which is a banned substance.

Oh brother, let the conspiracies rain down. The Patriots are in because of their cakewalk schedule, Falcons are in because they overcame the most
daunting schedule in the history of the league. Bravo! :good!:

I think you missed the part where I think they are the best team in the AFC. I just meant that they have had it pretty easy up to this point. They are still obviously a good team regardless of their schedule. But I just find it funny how they managed to play an incredibly mediocre group of quarterbacks.

Palmer
Tannehill
Osweiler
Tyrod Taylor
Whitehurst
Dalton
Landry Jones
Tyrod Taylor
Russell Wilson
Kaepernick
Fitzpatrick
Goff
Flacco
Siemian
Fitzpatrick
Matt Moore

Not one of these quarterbacks were in the top ten in the NFL in passer rating this year.

The Patriots are good, but let's be honest, this was an incredibly fortunate draw. Not to mention that their next opponent will have pretty mediocre quarterback play as well. Hell, even Big Ben and Alex Smith aren't even in the top ten in passer rating this year. It really really really is a shame that Derek Carr got injured.

I think you missed the part where I think they are the best team in the AFC. I just meant that they have had it pretty easy up to this point. They are still obviously a good team regardless of their schedule. But I just find it funny how they managed to play an incredibly mediocre group of quarterbacks.

Palmer
Tannehill
Osweiler
Tyrod Taylor
Whitehurst
Dalton
Landry Jones
Tyrod Taylor
Russell Wilson
Kaepernick
Fitzpatrick
Goff
Flacco
Siemian
Fitzpatrick
Matt Moore

Not one of these quarterbacks were in the top ten in the NFL in passer rating this year.

The Patriots are good, but let's be honest, this was an incredibly fortunate draw. Not to mention that their next opponent will have pretty mediocre quarterback play as well. Hell, even Big Ben and Alex Smith aren't even in the top ten in passer rating this year. It really really really is a shame that Derek Carr got injured.

Mediocre quarterbacking is a league-wide problem. What I think is funny is how the mighty Falcons lost to Tampa, San Diego, and Philly. And I don't think you really want me to break down the Falcons season now do you? LOL

F*** it, let em do what they want, amirate?

Well, not necessarily. I get steroids being banned because they already hit too hard for player safety.

I think they maybe ban aderall because they can't tell the difference between that and meth. I don't have a problem with players taking a drug for enhanced focus.

Reactions: 1 person
Mediocre quarterbacking is a league-wide problem. What I think is funny is how the mighty Falcons lost to Tampa, San Diego, and Philly. And I don't think you really want me to break down the Falcons season now do you? LOL

The Falcons played a pretty tough schedule, so I don't know why he would be afraid of that. Tampa is good and Philly is pretty good too

I don't understand what the Falcons have to do with this but okay, please break down the Falcons season.

The Falcons played a pretty tough schedule, so I don't know why he would be afraid of that. Tampa is good and Philly is pretty good too

Tough schedule? :eek:lol:

Tampa is 9-7, that doesn't qualify as 'pretty good.' Philly is 7-9, and they beat the Falcons. The 2nd half of the season Atlanta played 2 teams with winning records, Tampa and KC, there's nothing tough about their schedule at all. Sheez.

I don't understand what the Falcons have to do with this but okay, please break down the Falcons season.

You implied that the Pats had it easy path to the playoffs because of their schedule. Both teams played 4 playoff teams, the Falcons went 2-2, Pats 4-1. Ryan is 11-5, Brady is 11-1. I see you gushing effusively over the Falcons, but lets get real here, they're not exactly the 75' Steelers. And how much credit do you want for losing to two teams with losing records? LOL

Last edited:
Tough schedule? :eek:lol:

Tampa is 9-7, that doesn't qualify as 'pretty good.' Philly is 7-9, and they beat the Falcons. The 2nd half of the season Atlanta played 2 teams with winning records, Tampa and KC, there's nothing tough about their schedule at all. Sheez.

I wonder why you restricted it to the 2nd half....

You implied that the Pats had it easy path to the playoffs because of their schedule.

They did. They had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, and IIRC easier than any other playoff team including the Falcons. Idk why you're trying to argue about it, but you're not going to win

They did. They had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, and IIRC easier than any other playoff team including the Falcons. Idk why you're trying to argue about it, but you're not going to win

You apparently haven't looked at the Falcons schedule. Bottom line, Atlanta lost 2 games to teams with losing records, Falcons are 2-2 vs playoff teams, Pats are 4-1. Without doing the math, the Falcons may have had a marginally more difficult schedule, but not by much.

Its 11-5 vs. 11-1/3-1, not sure whats so difficult for you people to understand.

You apparently haven't looked at the Falcons schedule. Bottom line, Atlanta lost 2 games to teams with losing records, Falcons are 2-2 vs playoff teams, Pats are 4-1. Without doing the math, the Falcons may have had a marginally more difficult schedule, but not by much.

Its 11-5 vs. 11-1/3-1, not sure whats so difficult for you people to understand.

Are you really bragging about wins against...

Dolphins 2x
Texans
Big Benless Steelers

?

In comparison to the Falcons who won @ Oakland and at home against Green Bay. Yeah we lost to the Chiefs, and got absolutely screwed at Seattle by the refs, but are you really comparing the Dolphins, Texans, and BigBenless steelers to the Raiders, Packers, and Chiefs?

There is not a single team that the Patriots beat that has a legit shot at the super bowl (don't tell me the Steelers would contend with Landry Jones).

You can argue every team that the Falcons faced that is in the playoffs has a legitimate shot at the super bowl. Obviously the Raiders and Seahawks currently have injury problems, but when we played them they were completely healthy and were superbowl contenders.

Lets take a look at common opponents.

Falcons vs Cardinals 38-19
Patriots @ Cardinals 23-21

Falcons @ Seahawks 24-26
Patriots vs Seahawks 24-31

Falcons vs 49ers 41-13
Patriots @ 49ers 30-17

Falcons @ Broncos 23-16
Patriots @ Broncos 16-3

Falcons @ Rams 42-14
Patriots vs Rams 26-10

Total Point Differential of Common Opponents

Falcons: +79
Patriots: +37

Lets take a look at the Patriots schedule in comparison to the Falcons...

Overall Record of Schedule for each team...
Falcons: 124-126-2 (15th in the League in SOS)
Patriots: 111-139-2 (Worst in the League in SOS)

I wouldn't consider this "marginally different"

I would also like to point out that the Patriots strength of schedule doesn't even include the fact that the best team they played didn't have their starting quarterback

I would also like to point out that the Patriots strength of schedule doesn't even include the fact that the best team they played didn't have their starting quarterback

But do you really see them losing in Foxborough against this competition? I don't.

VN Store

Back