Neyland still getting love from OU

I hope Florida and Bama provide the same type of atmosphere this year and that i'm able to attend. I grew up going to a game every now and then in the late 90's and early 00's. I went to most games in 2013 and have had season tix going on my 3rd year now. The OU game was unreal. Easily the best atmosphere I have experienced in Neyland. It was loud the entire time, no breaks. Chants starting seemingly without provocation. The GA game last year was fun, but OU takes the cake. I can only imagine what the atmosphere was like during our dominant times.

GA game wasn't as loud since we were being blown out for much of the 1st half and we had lost 3 games by that point. OU was so loud since we were winning until the end and we were undefeated. Early in the season everyone is excited and thinks we'll go undefeated and this will be a magical year. By mid season the reality has set in and fans just want to see a few decent wins

And we still should have beat them!! I have a co-worker that is a Bama fan and he admitted yesterday that we should have beaten them last year! If you talk to any realistic rival fan, they will tell you that The University of Tennessee is a game that is circled on their schedule!

Coaching miscues cost us both games. 4th and inches and we kick a f-ing field goal. Then 2 times against Bama we go for long field goals with a kicker that can't hit over 40 yards. Medley has the leg but he can't aim it

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly. The Peach is now the same as the Sugar, Rose, Cotton etc. it doesn't carry the same name recognition as those bowls, but it's now the same postseason value. I would really like the new Rams stadium that will be built to be included in the rotation eventually.

That new Atlanta stadium looks amazing. Glad we get the first regular season game ever played there.

No way, in all likelihood.

Ha! With all due respect. You are the one who got F'd by Baker Mayfield. At least you can accept his compliment for what it is. I was there and he is spot on about the game atmosphere & and I have followed OU to many, many away games and seen the Ou/TX game at least 30 times. Neyland was electric.

It was a 50/50 effort. Baker and Butch Jones should be given equal credit for the loss.

Reactions: 1 person
Darn tootin it is. Hate not being able to have it where I live at. I make sure to get some every time I come to Gods land.

Hate to burst your bubble (and I understand...lived in SC for years...no Mayfields::cray:), but Mayfields was sold. It is now combined into something called Dairy Pure and is sold all over.

We are still adjusting, but it is rough........:frown:

Per Baker Mayfield, it's "unbelievable."

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield talks revenge on Texas, missing baseball and more | AthlonSports.com

I'd love to see a rematch, preferably in the Peach Bowl, Fiesta Bowl or in Tampa.

And beat the ever living snot out of them.

I was there and felt it was the best atmosphere I'd seen all game long since 2004 UF and possibly 98 FL and Ark. (Yes I was at 06 Cal too).

I believe the FL game this year hands down will exceed last year OU and will be best since 98 with Bama having a chance to top that if we can get there with 1 loss or less.

Hate to burst your bubble (and I understand...lived in SC for years...no Mayfields::cray:), but Mayfields was sold. It is now combined into something called Dairy Pure and is sold all over.

We are still adjusting, but it is rough........:frown:

No......no.......no........

I was there and felt it was the best atmosphere I'd seen all game long since 2004 UF and possibly 98 FL and Ark. (Yes I was at 06 Cal too).

I believe the FL game this year hands down will exceed last year OU and will be best since 98 with Bama having a chance to top that if we can get there with 1 loss or less.

By how much do you think it will exceed it?

VN Store

Back