Neyland still getting love from OU

Agree with other posters that OU was the loudest game experience at Neyland. Vol fans are fanatics so when energized they are loud. Big games bring out loud game experiences. And right now, I think we are the hungriest fans in all of college football. Vol fans lost their edge in the late 1990's because wins were expected. At the OU game, fans were energized to be in a big game with one of the biggest OOC teams in the country and were showing the enthusiasm that has been pent up for a long time. Expected a win up until the interception that ended the game. Not sure OU atmosphere can be beaten but can be equalled in this year's Florida and Alabama games. A decibel or two one way or another is not perceptible. I expect to have ringing in my ears until Tuesday/Wednesday after those two games like after the OU game.

Reactions: 2 people
Peach bowl is big time now that ATL has the new Mercedes Benz stadium. Will be a premier bowl game going forward.

Exactly. The Peach is now the same as the Sugar, Rose, Cotton etc. it doesn't carry the same name recognition as those bowls, but it's now the same postseason value. I would really like the new Rams stadium that will be built to be included in the rotation eventually.

That new Atlanta stadium looks amazing. Glad we get the first regular season game ever played there.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly. The Peach is now the same as the Sugar, Rose, Cotton etc. it doesn't carry the same name recognition as those bowls, but it's now the same postseason value. I would really like the new Rams stadium that will be built to be included in the rotation eventually.

That new Atlanta stadium looks amazing. Glad we get the first regular season game ever played there.

Well, all right. Let's rename it the Revisionist Bowl since new and flashy obviously overwhelms history.

Is it Sept 1st yet?????????

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhc5ngwz_FM[/youtube]

Last edited:
The fourth quarter of that game was a nightmare. Awesome for three quarters. I give Mayfield a huge kudos. He was freaking unbelievable.

I remember thinking in OT when we had the lead, OU 4th and Goal for the win, if we stop them here, this stadium is gonna roar like it never has before....Unfortunately, BM scored.

Oklahoma glad they caught us on the way back up

And we still should have beaten them!! I have a co-worker that is a Bama fan and he admitted yesterday that we should have beaten them last year! If you talk to any realistic rival fan, they will tell you that The University of Tennessee is a game that is circled on their schedule!

Last edited:
Hello! This is our first post. Just wanted to send volnation love. I can not wait for our vols to take it all the way this year. I have a couple friends on these boards, so hello to the ones who know us. Let's rock the top off all the teams this year!!!!!!!! Let's goooo!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Hello! This is our first post. Just wanted to send volnation love. I can not wait for our vols to take it all the way this year. I have a couple friends on these boards, so hello to the ones who know us. Let's rock the top off all the teams this year!!!!!!!! Let's goooo!!!

Welcome, Jack. You got here just in time. Gonna be a great year on VolNation, and in Neyland Stadium.

Go Vols!

Agree with other posters that OU was the loudest game experience at Neyland. Vol fans are fanatics so when energized they are loud. Big games bring out loud game experiences. And right now, I think we are the hungriest fans in all of college football. Vol fans lost their edge in the late 1990's because wins were expected. At the OU game, fans were energized to be in a big game with one of the biggest OOC teams in the country and were showing the enthusiasm that has been pent up for a long time. Expected a win up until the interception that ended the game. Not sure OU atmosphere can be beaten but can be equalled in this year's Florida and Alabama games. A decibel or two one way or another is not perceptible. I expect to have ringing in my ears until Tuesday/Wednesday after those two games like after the OU game.
You got it, book it!! The Bs will show, booze, blood, me n my baby boy. Somebody going home deaf after that UF game, digging through box tomorrow to find my decades old official gator hater shirt. Man life gets no better than to be a Tennessee Volunteer with fam!!

Nobody, but nobody, with a sack compliments a team or their stadia like that when they've been beaten - so damn easy to be complimentary when you win.

Really, who wants that compliment, really? Not super happy and excited about this BS like some of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

How many of you are there?

As many of us already know - Neyland stadium is a unique place. This place should rock, yet again with team 120!

Baker Mayfield Praised Tennessee Fans In Interview With Athlon Sports | College Spun

You can’t beat the Cotton Bowl. There’s nothing like that. But last year when we went to play Tennessee in Neyland Stadium, that was probably the best game experience I’ve had and probably will ever have. That’s a different type of loud. I can’t even describe it. It was unbelievable.

Mods- merge.. didn't see this already posted. :blink:

Last edited:
My whole body ached and I didn't get my voice back for 2 days after that game. You're welcome Baker. I just wish your ankles weren't so slippery.

In a recent interview with local media, OU QB Baker Mayfield said when asked about the best game atmosphere he had ever played in....." You can't beat the Cotton Bowl. There's nothing like that. But last year when we went to play Tennessee @Neyland Stadium, that was probably the best game experience I've had and probably will ever have. That's a different type loud. I can't even describe it. It was unbelieveable." The Cotton Bowl reference is the OU/TX game. He'll get to experience the Horseshoe in 2017.

Ha! With all due respect. You are the one who got F'd by Baker Mayfield. At least you can accept his compliment for what it is. I was there and he is spot on about the game atmosphere & and I have followed OU to many, many away games and seen the Ou/TX game at least 30 times. Neyland was electric.

VN Store

Back