Neyland Renovation Survey

I'd be interested in seeing that, as well. I don't see how they could do it without widening the rows. They are so narrow now. If you wear over a size 8 shoe it is a pain to get out/around people

I believe DP said that UT has looked into it before and if the entire stadium had chairbacks it would seat around 79-80K.

I know what you mean about the rows being narrow. And I'd guess there would be 6 or 7 different types of seats they would have to have based on the different sections of the stadium and the way they were built.

I sit in the North upper deck. I wish like hell they'd just chair back the whole thing.

I'd be interested in seeing that, as well. I don't see how they could do it without widening the rows. They are so narrow now. If you wear over a size 8 shoe it is a pain to get out/around people

I believe DP said that UT has looked into it before and if the entire stadium had chairbacks it would seat around 79-80K.

People really need to get over the 80s mentality of adding capacity just so you can say there's a certain number. Once you get to about 90 or 95k, it stops mattering.

Reactions: 1 person
People really need to get over the 80s mentality of adding capacity just so you can say there's a certain number. Once you get to about 90 or 95k, it stops mattering.

This.

It's a moronic measuring contest with most people.

Even if they didn't go with chair backs, just go back to the old bleacher numbers. The repainting of the numbers to cram in an extra seat or two is one of the dumber things they have done.

Hell, some of the wildest times I remember in Neyland were in the early 90s before the North end zone was even closed in and the capacity was 92k-ish.

Reactions: 3 people
This.

It's a moronic measuring contest with most people.

Even if they didn't go with chair backs, just go back to the old bleacher numbers. The repainting of the numbers to cram in an extra seat or two is one of the dumber things they have done.

Hell, some of the wildest times I remember in Neyland were in the early 90s before the North end zone was even closed in and the capacity was 92k-ish.

Enclosing the upper deck made things more visually intimidating, but I've always thought they made a mistake by not adjusting the seats to a more normal width when they expanded the stadium. They could have given 50,000 seats an extra inch or so and they'd have lost maybe 3,000 seats, but would have still had a large net gain.

While we are on the topic of improvements, The city of Knoxville needs to add more parking. The parking situation around downtown is a nightmare on any given day, don't even get me started on game days. You have to walk atleast a mile or more to get to the stadium on game days, and a lot of that walking is up hills. Knoxville could also use a better public transit system. Adding more parking and improving the public transit system would go a long way to making the game day experience less of a headache.

No, you don't. I've never walked that far and never paid more than $20.

Wrong. I live just outside Knoxville and I am in town regularly. Just recently,me and my brother tried to go to an event downtown and we drove around for over an hour and couldn't find a parking spot anywhere. There is not enough parking, period.

I go downtown at least two nights a week and I've never been unable to find parking. Sure, sometimes the Market Square garage is full, but there are two garages across the street that always have spaces and are always free on nights and weekends.

You can take golf carts right up to the Torchbearer for a tip... They run from the university commons area all day long

I go downtown at least two nights a week and I've never been unable to find parking. Sure, sometimes the Market Square garage is full, but there are two garages across the street that always have spaces and are always free on nights and weekends.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone drove around for an hour and didn't find parking downtown.

Would it be too much to ask for some hand rails on the steps. We sat in section PP for last years South Carolina game and I had to hold on to the Hubby for fear of falling. And I didn't move once I got to my seat until after the game and most of the crowd had cleared out. My bladder was not a happy camper. :blink:

:rock:
GBO!!

Would it be too much to ask for some hand rails on the steps. We sat in section PP for last years South Carolina game and I had to hold on to the Hubby for fear of falling. And I didn't move once I got to my seat until after the game and most of the crowd had cleared out. My bladder was not a happy camper. :blink:

:rock:
GBO!!

Yes. To install a rail, the aisle has to be a certain width on each side of the rail. As it stands, the aisles in the Neyland do not meet that.

Hart is an absolute ,top notch ASS. he has done nothing but turn the fans again each other since he arrived . It long over due for him to leave here, for just an amazing amount of reasons

With standard seats already over $100 for big games, it's already getting to where I can no longer go to most the games.

Tone deaf Hart strikes again.

With standard seats already over $100 for big games, it's already getting to where I can no longer go to most the games.

Tone deaf Hart strikes again.

When coaches make what they make the money has to come from somewhere. You can't pay the coaching staff $6-7 mill and have $25 tickets.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like they've decided to resod the turf again this year. Was hoping they would let the roots attach, but maybe they will actually get it right this time.

Looks like they've decided to resod the turf again this year. Was hoping they would let the roots attach, but maybe they will actually get it right this time.

Getting the sod to take root appears to only be a huge issue to UT's grounds crew. If done properly there is plenty of time for proper root establishment.

I like the Rocky Top Peak seats and they are the only ones I'd consider moving from my current seats
In the survey I actually told them they were pricing the regular fans out in favor of corporations, so if they like a quiet stadium instead of a home field advantage to continue down this path of more boxes and suites

I usually get the seat cushions so switching from bleachers to seat backs would be great (charge about the same amount). I agree with earlier comment to leave students, visitors and cheap upper end zone seats as bleachers so they can cram a few more people in. It is important for us to stay above 100k capacity - we don't want to keep falling further behind

s-l225.jpg

or

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
They were priced differently based on if bought individually or as season tickets. Individually some were higher.

VN Store

Back