Next Coach at Knox Central?

Its official, Jeff McMillian has been named head coach at Carter, Per Smithey. Thoughts?

My thought is I wish he had come to Powell :p

So, where does that leave Central? Who is in the running for the job there now. I would think being the last one to the dance is not a good sign.

My thought is I wish he had come to Powell :p

So, where does that leave Central? Who is in the running for the job there now. I would think being the last one to the dance is not a good sign.
Has Bearden made a hire?

Ok gentlemen, allow me to update this. Bearden has not made a hire and to be honest I havent heard anything about their search. I do Have a cousin that goes to Bearden so when I hear somthing, I'll let you know.

As for my Bobcats, its down to 2. First: Is a black guy, last name of Ross, Idk a first name. He was offensive Coordinator at a school in New Jersey this past yr and his team went 7-4. I think he has ties to Oak Ridge as well. Second: Is a man named Ron Gray. I dont know much about him except he coached on Catholic's state title team a couple of yrs ago and he too has ties to Oak Ridge as he coached under Scott Blade. Consensus among us Central fans is that either one is a good hire. I expect a hire by either today or Monday.

Last edited:
Ok gentlemen, allow me to update this. Bearden has not made a hire and to be honest I havent heard anything about their search. I do Have a cousin that goes to Bearden so when I hear somthing, I'll let you know.

As for my Bobcats, its down to 2. First: Is a tall black guy, last name of Ross, Idk a first name. He was offensive Coordinator at a school in New Jersey this past yr and his team went 7-4. I think he has ties to Oak Ridge as well. Second: Is a man named Ron Gray. I dont know much about him except he coached on Catholic's state title team a couple of yrs ago and he too has ties to Oak Ridge as he coached under Scott Blade. Consensus among us Central fans is that either one is a good hire. I expect a hire by either today or Monday.

This confirms to me that you have no idea about anything that has to do with Central and it's football team. I'm sure that is the consensus on this site. You lost all credibility when you described one of the possible coaches as "a tall black guy".

This confirms to me that you have no idea about anything that has to do with Central and it's football team. I'm sure that is the consensus on this site. You lost all credibility when you described one of the possible coaches as "a tall black guy".

Im am only describing him as he's been described to me. This has nothing to do with him being Black. There have also been ppl on this site describing him that way. I have heard nothing but good things about him and I would welcome him to Central with open arms, if hired. If your about to play the race card on me, please go on somwhere.

As for you other gentlemen, I would like to hear your thoughts and if you have any knowledge of these two cadiddates, please fill me in

Im am only describing him as he's been described to me. This has nothing to do with him being Black. There have also been ppl on this site describing him that way. I have heard nothing but good things about him and I would welcome him to Central with open arms, if hired. If your about to play the race card on me, please go on somwhere.

That was not my point. That fact that you have to describe this person means to me that you don't know anything when it comes to this search. If you are quoting sources then you may want to rethink that. My point is you don't know anymore about this then I do.

That was not my point. That fact that you have to describe this person means to me that you don't know anything when it comes to this search. If you are quoting sources then you may want to rethink that. My point is you don't know anymore about this then I do.

My brother plays on the team, I am a member of the booster club, I know JD Lambert, the AD, Personally and He was a teacher of mine when I went to Central. He has kept things quiet on this search so getting rock solid info has been tough, but I have still tried to get info to update this page. I dont know much about these two candidates, but I have tried to give as much knowledge about them as I can. Make no mistake, these are the final two in the search. The fact that you question my knowledge of my own school is absurd. I have missed on some of my predictions, but so do the "Experts".

Last edited:
My brother plays on the team, I am a member of the booster club, I know JD Lambert, the AD, Personally and He was a teacher of mine when I went to Central. He has kept things quiet on this search so getting rock solid info has been tough, but I have still tried to get info to update this page. I dont know much about these two candidates, but I have tried to give as much knowledge about them as I can. Make no mistake, these are the final two in the search. The fact that you question my knowledge of my own school is absurd. I have missed on some of my predictions, but so do the "Experts".

What about the announcement at halftime last night? I mean you are a booster and you know the AD personally.

This will be the hire. The guy with OR ties and in NJ now. Heard it from Kilgore himself. Gonna go own ASAP.

This will be the hire. The guy with OR ties and in NJ now. Heard it from Kilgore himself. Gonna go own ASAP.

No disrespect, and you very well could be right, but Im not going off anything Kilgore says. Like I said tho, it could be this guy, but instead of talking about Central's opening, Kilgore needs to figure out how he's gona win down in the"Graveyard of Coaches." AKA, Karns.:loco:

Reactions: 1 person
Gentlemen, news on the Central search. A friend of mine that works for Knox county informed me yesterday that the search at Central had been reopened. Today, I was told the same thing and that the Ross guy turned us down. Gray may still be in the running, but if true, it concerns me that our AD has started another search. I will keep the info coming when I can, but at this point, Idk who is gonna be the next coach.

Gentlemen, news on the Central search. A friend of mine that works for Knox county informed me yesterday that the search at Central had been reopened. Today, I was told the same thing and that the Ross guy turned us down. Gray may still be in the running, but if true, it concerns me that our AD has started another search. I will keep the info coming when I can, but at this point, Idk who is gonna be the next coach.

Interesting.....I have no idea. If the guy from NJ(Ross?) turned Central down then I have nothing to add here. Surely it is a job coaches would want for sure.

Indeed folks you are right. I have heard of some weird searches before, but this is the most bizarre one ive ever seen or been a part of. Ive been told many things by many different ppl, most of which have as much In this as I do( i.e, Parents, boosters, faculty). But Idk whats happened. It has seemed to go downhill since McMillian pulled his name out after Carter opened up. I truly believe we had our man until Carter opened up. After that, its been turmoil. Make no mistake, we needed to get a new coach, but this is getting ridiculous:no::mf_surrender:

VN Store

Back