Next Coach at Knox Central?

Heard through the grapevine that a few have turned down Central - including McMillan. Not sure if it is true.

Jps, my sources are telling me that McMillian will be the next Head Coach at Carter. I expect that to be announced Monday or Tuesday.

Jps, my sources are telling me that McMillian will be the next Head Coach at Carter. I expect that to be announced Monday or Tuesday.

Thought you said he was going to be hired at Central back in mid December? Your sources don't seem to be very creditable. Lane from West, McMillian from Fulton, now some guy from out of state.

Hmm - interesting. What happened to the Carter coach? Is he going to be the new Powell coach as I heard he is in the final 2 at Powell.

Thought you said he was going to be hired at Central back in mid December? Your sources don't seem to be very creditable. Lane from West, McMillian from Fulton, now some guy from out of state.

Yes back then I did say I thought he'd take the Central job, but that was before the Carter job opened up. If you truly know anything about Coach Mac, you would know his history with both schools. Carter is Mac's dream job and when it opened up, I knew he'd put in for it. As for Lane, he told my sources he wasnt leaving West and that he isnt ready to be a Head Coach yet. Sorry I havent been on here daily updating this, I do have a life tho man.

Yes back then I did say I thought he'd take the Central job, but that was before the Carter job opened up. If you truly know anything about Coach Mac, you would know his history with both schools. Carter is Mac's dream job and when it opened up, I knew he'd put in for it. As for Lane, he told my sources he wasnt leaving West and that he isnt ready to be a Head Coach yet. Sorry I havent been on here daily updating this, I do have a life tho man.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time so don't think that. I talked with someone close to the Carter program and was told it looks like he will be the next coach. I think it's a good move for him and I believe he is more than capable. The sad thing is that 20-25 years ago coaches would be beating down the doors to get that job at Central.

It's very interesting we have so many HC jobs open right now. There is certainly a lot of competition for the good coaches.

This is getting ridiculous. I hope its a coach with a vertical passing game presence. We keep having these veer principles and with the type of groomed baseball players central is known for. use that as there will always be a kid with a baseball arm that can throw the pigskin too. Put 3 athletes out there at a time. 2 at receive and one at tailback and lets make teams score with us.

McMillan is 100% going to Carter. Woods seems to be gonna end up on staff at Northview. Doesn't want to be a HC anywhere right now. Brown from MO West turned Powell down after verbally saying he was going. Central is hiring this guy that used to be DC at Oak Ridge. Now he is out of state. Big tall black guy and cannot think of his name to save me.

Powell coach is named. BigO - looks like I win the bet :)

John Allen from Chattanooga Central. Don't know anything about him other than what our website has.

Home Page

Powell coach is named. BigO - looks like I win the bet :)

John Allen from Chattanooga Central. Don't know anything about him other than what our website has.

Home Page

It seems to be a safe hire Jps. He's not the big time, homerun hire but he does have a good rep of turning teams on a downslide around. It is interesting tho that his overall record is 75-74 and to me he seems like runner. What that is, is a person who coaches somwhere for a couple of years then for some reason, gets out of dodge. Maybe he'll be different at Powell. Oh and per Smithey: " Just talked to Powell's new coach John Allen, said the Panthers will be running the Wing-T offense.' Thoughts?:unsure:

The transition to wing-t offense with the returning players could be a difficult one. Powell fans should not expect much with this hire.

It seems to be a safe hire Jps. He's not the big time, homerun hire but he does have a good rep of turning teams on a downslide around. It is interesting tho that his overall record is 75-74 and to me he seems like runner. What that is, is a person who coaches somwhere for a couple of years then for some reason, gets out of dodge. Maybe he'll be different at Powell. Oh and per Smithey: " Just talked to Powell's new coach John Allen, said the Panthers will be running the Wing-T offense.' Thoughts?:unsure:
I have already heard some key players would strongly consider leaving if we run the Wing T. It can be a good offense, but certainly isn't exciting as most players don't feel like it prepares them for college.

I coached the double wing with 3 youth teams I coached and was successful with it. I know others have won state championships with it in other states. Teams are not used to seeing this offense, so it has an advantage that teams aren't prepared for it.

Honestly though, I like the spread we've been running and we have been very successful with it.

I need to see that new avatar soon :p

McMillan is 100% going to Carter. Woods seems to be gonna end up on staff at Northview. Doesn't want to be a HC anywhere right now. Brown from MO West turned Powell down after verbally saying he was going. Central is hiring this guy that used to be DC at Oak Ridge. Now he is out of state. Big tall black guy and cannot think of his name to save me.

LongTime, Ive herd most of what your saying, but fill me in on your knowledge of the Central opening. And tell me some more about this guy from Oak Ridge. Name? Where has he last coached?

SWEET - I love your new avatar. I'm going to enjoy this for the next few days. :dance2:

I may have won this battle, but you may win the war with your hire.

Well, I heard a week ago that Lambert was up at the school giving a" Tall Black Guy" a tour of the school.I thought it was just a rumor but now I guess not. I wonder if LongTimesince01 has a really vaild point. But I wouldnt know who this guy is either, Former DC at OR? Anyone have a name for me?

Nothing from me - I haven't heard any other rumors and the rumors I heard about Powell were all wrong...

Ryan Siebe tweeted yesterday that they would be making an announcement at halftime of the boys game last night. Assumption was that it would be to announce the new coach, did that happen?

Ryan Siebe tweeted yesterday that they would be making an announcement at halftime of the boys game last night. Assumption was that it would be to announce the new coach, did that happen?

Its going to be announced tonight at the Basketball games. During halftime of the boys game. The consensus of what ive heard is that its gona be Jeff McMillian.:eek:k:

Its going to be announced tonight at the Basketball games. During halftime of the boys game. The consensus of what ive heard is that its gona be Jeff McMillian.:eek:k:
Thanks, didn't realize games were tonight, was assuming it was last night.

VN Store

Back