News Sources?

Are you going to change the ratio to 70.2/29.8 or 69.8/30.2?

CNN, FOX local, CBS, AJC, Tennessean

Where do you get your news?

I've been reading this board since before the election, and I think it's pretty obvious that the politics forum is about 70/30 Conservative.

Sources I use:
HuffPo
The Hill
Fox News (non-opinion shows)
CNN
New York Times

Sources I avoid:
Drudge
Sean Hannity
OccupyDemocrats
TheNation
Breitbart

Sources I'll read, but can't stand the bias:

WaPo
MSNBC
The Blaze
ABC

BBC
The Hill
Wall Street Journal
Reuters
Stratfor
Reason

Reactions: 1 person
Drudge Report is a news aggregator, very very seldom a source (that being said when he does have his own scoop, it's always rock solid). And he often links to local news sites for local stories.

Twitter - where news travels fast

So ultimately I get my news from a lot of sources

Yahoo News
AP
Reuters
Breitbart
Daily Mail
CNN
Washington Post
NY Times
Bloomberg
Telegraph
Politico
This past year, Wikileaks

Politico
Drudge
Daily Mail
Fox
NY Post
Forbes
National Review
Telegraph
American Thinker
Weekly Standard

CNN changed their Debate between Bernie Sanders and John Kasich tonight into a town hall titled "White House in Crisis"

Losing faith

Drudge Report
The Hill
Politico
WashPo
Wash Times
Wash Examiner
CNN
Fox news
CNS.COM
Newsmax.com
NYT
All online, rarely watch any of them in TV.

Where do you get your news?

I've been reading this board since before the election, and I think it's pretty obvious that the politics forum is about 70/30 Conservative.

Sources I use:
HuffPo
The Hill
Fox News (non-opinion shows)
CNN
New York Times

Sources I avoid:
Drudge
Sean Hannity
OccupyDemocrats
TheNation
Breitbart
The Blaze

Sources I'll read, but can't stand the bias:

WaPo
MSNBC
ABC

Just curious, you do no that the Drudge is a news aggregator, that prints articles from a lot of sources you use. You do know that right?

Yes. They also participate in aggregation of completely farcical and tin-foil hat journalists as well.

Yeah, from the sources you use. Wake up man, all news is opinion now. The days of just reporting the facts are over. There's no money in it.

Complete dumpster fire. Trump is more credible than the media. They did it to themselves. Good riddance

Trump more credible than the media? There is no way you or anyone else believes that. What little credibility Trump has is quickly slipping away. The media is regaining credibility. (one of the few positives Trump is inadvertently creating)

Reactions: 2 people
Trump more credible than the media? There is no way you or anyone else believes that. What little credibility Trump has is quickly slipping away. The media is regaining credibility. (one of the few positives Trump is inadvertently creating)

I'd say the credibility of both was damaged before the election and continues to worsen.

It's going to be a long long time before I give any single news source credibility for NEWS REPORTING instead of PARTISAN SPIN w/ an emphasis on entertainment and sexual tits.. uh ... erm...tittilation.

BBC
AP
Reuters
Jerusalem Post &
Haaretz-last few days (I always find news sources from the place in the world it's happening e.g Trumps upcoming visit and comments fiasco)
Forbes
Then all the damn cable news clownshow yiti showing talking head yellow journalistic buffoonery that carries the misnomer of news these days.

But a whole lot I get here on VN PF then go off looking elsewhere.

I'd say the credibility of both was damaged before the election and continues to worsen.

Media lost the battle (election) but will win the war here. As they turn toward investigative reporting, people will be back on the networks (Who are doing exponentially better in 2017 than at this point in 2016 so I don't understand the 'nobody trusts the media" schtick) bandwagon soon enough.

Reactions: 2 people
It's going to be a long long time before I give any single news source credibility for NEWS REPORTING instead of PARTISAN SPIN w/ an emphasis on entertainment and sexual tits.. uh ... erm...tittilation.

BBC
AP
Reuters
Jerusalem Post &
Haaretz-last few days (I always find news sources from the place in the world it's happening e.g Trumps upcoming visit and comments fiasco)
Forbes
Then all the damn cable news clownshow yiti showing talking head yellow journalistic buffoonery that carries the misnomer of news these days.

But a whole lot I get here on VN PF then go off looking elsewhere.

Do you like BBC? I don't ignore them but have a hard time focusing on their articles. Maybe a different style of writing, who knows.

VN Store

Back