New Orleans Saints Thread

look how ripped my boy Reggie is.

attachment.php
Hopefully he can get to that ever elusive 4 YPC mark this year. He was so close last year.

Reggie helps in other ways besides in rushing. He was second quickest in NFL history to 100 career catches.

Same stats? Not hardly...
Wayne 104 catches for 1,510 yards (Lead the NFL).
Colston 98 catches for 1,202 yards.

Wayne was in the same boat Colston was after Marvin got hurt so I am not buying that excuse.

Reggie Wayne - 49 catches 716 yards 4 TDs.

Marques Colston - 98 catches 1,202 yards 11 TDs.

^ those are the numbers of their second season in the pros and by the looks of it Colston is the better player.

This was Wayne's 2006 season.

86 catches 1,310 yards 9 TDs.

Colston's second season in the pros was better than Wayne's 6th. Not to mention Colston was playing with injuries all throughout last season.

Reggie Wayne - 49 catches 716 yards 4 TDs.

Marques Colston - 98 catches 1,202 yards 11 TDs.

^ those are the numbers of their second season in the pros and by the looks of it Colston is the better player.

This was Wayne's 2006 season.

86 catches 1,310 yards 9 TDs.

Colston's second season in the pros was better than Wayne's 6th. Not to mention Colston was playing with injuries all throughout last season.
Wayne is a better WR right now than Colston. That is what I am saying. The stats show that because he got 300 more yards than Colston did in similar circumstances.

You can't use Wayne's stats as a #2 or #3 WR and compare them to someone who is used as a #1.Of course the #1 is going to have better stats. The #1 will get a lot more oppurtunities and always have better stats. Colston will never have a season as good as Wayne's 07.

If Meach steps up or they find another WR worth a damn you will see Colstons stats fall a fairly signifigant amount and it's not because Colston isn't as good as he was it is just because he won't get as many oppurtunities.

Wayne is a better WR right now than Colston. That is what I am saying. The stats show that because he got 300 more yards than Colston did in similar circumstances.

You can't use Wayne's stats as a #2 or #3 WR and compare them to someone who is used as a #1.Of course the #1 is going to have better stats. The #1 will get a lot more oppurtunities and always have better stats. Colston will never have a season as good as Wayne's 07.

If Meach steps up or they find another WR worth a damn you will see Colstons stats fall a fairly signifigant amount and it's not because Colston isn't as good as he was it is just because he won't get as many oppurtunities.

adding Shockey will give more oppurtunities because Shockey will draw a defender off Colston. Wayne also may have had a better season last year but he was also 29 years old and Colston was 25.

Yep, they usually call those guys WRs. Having a RB that can't run the ball doesn't make much sense to me.

and you have a weapon when your RB is the second quickest in NFL history. But Bush is doing what he was supposed to do and if there were a re-draft i would take Bush over Hawk, Mario, and every other player in the draft.

and you have a weapon when your RB is the second quickest in NFL history. But Bush is doing what he was supposed to do and if there were a re-draft i would take Bush over Hawk, Mario, and every other player in the draft.
Mario Williams? You would take Bush over Mario Williams?

adding Shockey will give more oppurtunities because Shockey will draw a defender off Colston. Wayne also may have had a better season last year but he was also 29 years old and Colston was 25.
I know that sounds good in your head when you are thinking it, but it doesn't work like that.

But does he help them win? Speed is all over the NFL and I've yet to see Bush emerge as a serious threat in the NFL.

The talent is not why i would take him over everyone else. And every Saints fan that lived in Nawlins will say this. Bush was needed for the city at the time because he brought so much excitement to a city and organization that had lost everything. It may soud cheesy but hacving Mario Williams would've been great player for this team but at the time he was not the right player. I can't finish i'm heading out to see the Rome Braves play.

Also some more bad news. DeMario Pressley has been placed on IR. This news also sucks because we need him on the D-Line.

Marvin Mitchell has been impressing the coaches during TC, it's good to see some Tennessee boys doing good.

But does he help them win? Speed is all over the NFL and I've yet to see Bush emerge as a serious threat in the NFL.

He's only been in the league for 2 years...i don't think anyone has become a proven or big name star in just 2seasons...

Colston last year busted me early so I dropped him off my fantasy team. Of course then he was a Ricky Ross the Boss.

He's only been in the league for 2 years...i don't think anyone has become a proven or big name star in just 2seasons...
RBs off the top of my head, Edge, Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson. Those are people who became stars right away off of the top of my head. I could think of tons that have stepped in right away and been REALLY GOOD but limited the list to stars.

VN Store

Back