New mexico allows killing babies

Where did I ever say that? A nine month old fetus is more human than an 8 month old fetus. An 8 month old fetus is more human than a 7 month old fetus. A two month old fetus is more human than a one month old fetus. A one month old fetus is more human than a zygote. A zygote is more human than a sperm. A sperm is more human than a pubic hair. A newly born baby is more human than an unborn baby.
Birth is the great gateway into life.
Nice try. Luther is the one that said it is not human until birth. Therefore...
Just based on the law of averages, you will have to be right sooner or later. I'm guessing later.

This whole thread has been an exercise of ginned up outrage after moving the goal posts. The OP's article incited the pearl clutching by suggesting the bill was framed as attack on baby's "up till birth".
Why don't you just stop with the insult and have the discussion?

Why don't you just stop with the insult and have the discussion?

I'd be happy to, can we agree that some people don't view it as "murder of a child" before 20 weeks and that the person and not the government should be in charge of making decisions about personal health options? And that there is validity to those personal beliefs?

Also, if you don't like the insults - don't dish them out. On this page alone you've called another poster, "simple minded and a liar."

What? I didn't do that at all. However, you literally just used the fact that you don't like how your tax dollars are used as a way to deflect from supporting them.

You don't want them aborted, but you also find a (laughable) excuse to not g.a.s. about them monetarily after they're born. How convinient.

Also, I don't support abortion past 20 weeks or so.

Got any other gems you want to float?
Why 20 weeks?

B

Better question is what constitutes born? How is one born? Coming through a birth canal?

1. Passage of the fetus from the uterus to the outside world; the act of being born. 2. Specifically, in the human, complete expulsion or extraction of a fetus from its mother, irrespective of gestational age, and regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached.

Source

Because it's generally the lowest medically acceptable belief where viability outside the womb and sentience can occur.
So sentience equals life? And thank you for answering even if I don’t agree I found this to be very direct and this will move the conversation forward.

So sentience equals life? And thank you for answering even if I don’t agree I found this to be very direct and this will move the conversation forward.

Generally speaking, the problem with these discussions is verbiage. What do you mean “life”? A human in a permanent vegetative state certainly constitutes life, but it doesn’t constitute a person.

I personally believe we are all much more than just a collection of organic and genetic matter that is working together. At some point during gestation we become a person and before that point we are not a person. I don’t know when that point is, but it certainly isn’t at conception and implantation, and likewise, at nine months it certainly is a person. The demarcation line in between when it happens is the struggle point for me.

Reactions: luthervol
Generally speaking, the problem with these discussions is verbiage. What do you mean “life”? A human in a permanent vegetative state certainly constitutes life, but it doesn’t constitute a person.

I personally believe we are all much more than just a collection of organic and genetic matter that is working together. At some point during gestation we become a person and before that point we are not a person. I don’t know when that point is, but it certainly isn’t at conception and implantation, and likewise, at nine months it certainly is a person. The demarcation line in between when it happens is the struggle point for me.
That's why I have long held that Roe v Wade was brilliant.

You literally do not know what literally means.
That's my definition of LIVING human being. (which is what BigOrangeTrain asked)
Not to be confused with my definition of an unborn developing human being.

So now your claim is that a 9 month old baby in the womb is neither living nor human, regardless of heartbeat, sentience, ability to survive on its own outside the womb, simply because it hasn’t actually been born yet.... 😂😂😂 what a fool

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Where did I ever say that? A nine month old fetus is more human than an 8 month old fetus. An 8 month old fetus is more human than a 7 month old fetus. A two month old fetus is more human than a one month old fetus. A one month old fetus is more human than a zygote. A zygote is more human than a sperm. A sperm is more human than a pubic hair. A newly born baby is more human than an unborn baby.
Birth is the great gateway into life.
So now your claim is that a 9 month old baby in the womb is neither living nor human, regardless of heartbeat, sentience, ability to survive on its own outside the womb, simply because it hasn’t actually been born yet.... 😂😂😂 what a fool
I'll provide it for the third time now.

I'll provide it for the third time now.

Guess I’ll have to provide this again. You claim that a “living human being” is a person who is born and alive. Thus if they are not born, according to you they are not a living human being. You flip flop and talk out of your a** so much even you can’t make sense of the sh** you post. So go ahead, clarify. Is a 9 month old in the womb human? Is it living? If you say no, go ahead and give some scientifically backed reasoning that supports the baby not being human or as you stupidly put, “less human”. Give scientifically backed reasoning to support that the baby wouldn’t be considered living.
45CFB209-BDE3-4E58-9D7C-62EC8FA08711.jpeg

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back