New Helmets posted from Jourdan Thomas’s Snapchat

Disagree with your post but just partly. Yes apparently athletes now need different uniforms to get up to play. But to say that it's not at all about the fans is just not right. If these units don't sell to us paying fans there will be a quick redesign followed by a new uniform combo thread.

I hear you. The uniforms are more about players since they play the game.

Most fans will wear their team’s colors regardless of color, esp if such team is winning.

That is indeed a photo from inside the equipment room. That’s not in dispute. The two helmets pictured are samples. They are sitting on top of boxes from Bacon company, who does screen printing and embroidery. They do not have anything to do with helmets.

Tennessee will definitely wear black helmets with the black uniforms later this year. The one pictured is not exactly what they will wear.

They will wear an orange helmet at some point in the future, perhaps this year, but I doubt it will be with the home orange uniforms. I’m fairly certain they don’t have enough of them in to even consider wearing them Saturday.
He has spoken. This is the way.

Reactions: illvol and Coach_Z
Knoxtownvol, I hate to say this,but,you're eitherblind or you really need to clean your glasses.

Come out in all orange with regular, white with orange power T helmets for warmups.....

Switch to orange with white power T before the game and Neyland, during the "orangeout", might actually shake apart.....

That is indeed a photo from inside the equipment room. That’s not in dispute. The two helmets pictured are samples. They are sitting on top of boxes from Bacon company, who does screen printing and embroidery. They do not have anything to do with helmets.

Tennessee will definitely wear black helmets with the black uniforms later this year. The one pictured is not exactly what they will wear.

They will wear an orange helmet at some point in the future, perhaps this year, but I doubt it will be with the home orange uniforms. I’m fairly certain they don’t have enough of them in to even consider wearing them Saturday.
Yeah, I didn’t think Bacon & Co had anything to do with helmets but wasn’t 100% certain.

Yay……we’re becoming Oregon

I'm guessing you felt like there was no reason to move away from rotary phones, either.....

200.gif

These kids are the ones putting in the blood, sweat, and tears for this University, so if they want to wear alternate colors occasionally, then they should be allowed to. Now if it were to get to the point that they orange went away, then it becomes a distraction, and could affect the program.

I find it hilarious when all of these people on here complain about the uniforms. People talk about "tradition" when they have no clue that yes, Tennessee has worn orange helmets, they have worn black as part of thier uniforms, no, the power T wasn't always the primary logo on the helmets and Smokey wasn't always our mascot. Running through the T before the game wasn't always a thing either, but most of these same people complaining about uniforms would probably have called that a gimmick back then too. God forbid that anything ever change. But hey, you do you people. LoL!

VN Store

Back