New Helmets posted from Jourdan Thomas’s Snapchat

I’m usually as traditional as they come, but I’m digging it. Besides, since when is there such a thing as too much orange? Doesn’t matter what we think….if the players like them, then Go Vols, Go!

Reactions: onevol74
NIKE has screwed up Big Orange. Bought a New Jersey this year and when you put beside my none NIKE ones you can really see it. Like someone said about the helmet it is more like the Clemson or Florida’s orange. You would think someone in the AD would make them get that right. Isn’t our orange patented?

I don’t care what they wear if it gives the players extra juice to get out of the gates quicker. At the end of the day, the game is won on the field. However, recruits love this stuff and it’s about our future roster, not us fans.

Disagree with your post but just partly. Yes apparently athletes now need different uniforms to get up to play. But to say that it's not at all about the fans is just not right. If these units don't sell to us paying fans there will be a quick redesign followed by a new uniform combo thread.

Love the black, hate the orange. Pantone 151 is hard enough to make it the right shade on fabric. No way that an orange helmet would ever work unless there was no orange anywhere else on the entire uniform. Even in that circumstance, there needs to be a white T with a black outline on any orange helmet.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I can't help on this one. I usually know what our uniform will be before it's released (because of the Dick's House of Sport sponsorship), but this week is a mystery. I was actually told on Monday by a high-up in the AD that we were going all orange...and even that was incorrect. So, who freakin knows what we're wearing tomorrow!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Well color is based on lighting so I think they’ll be sharpe in the sun and funky in the artificial light.
So many rumors to keep up with but thought grey was done. Orange helmets with stormtroopers?

My cheerios taste like urine now.

I don’t know if I buy it though. I mean… what’s in all the boxes then?

Edit: Yeah Bacon and Co. is an athletic gear wholesaler. This is legit.

That is indeed a photo from inside the equipment room. That’s not in dispute. The two helmets pictured are samples. They are sitting on top of boxes from Bacon company, who does screen printing and embroidery. They do not have anything to do with helmets.

Tennessee will definitely wear black helmets with the black uniforms later this year. The one pictured is not exactly what they will wear.

They will wear an orange helmet at some point in the future, perhaps this year, but I doubt it will be with the home orange uniforms. I’m fairly certain they don’t have enough of them in to even consider wearing them Saturday.

I can't help on this one. I usually know what our uniform will be before it's released (because of the Dick's House of Sport sponsorship), but this week is a mystery. I was actually told on Monday by a high-up in the AD that we were going all orange...and even that was incorrect. So, who freakin knows what we're wearing tomorrow!

UT released the uniform combination yesterday. The mannequin at Dick’s was updated, based on a tweet I saw earlier today.

VN Store

Back