New bill in Congress: H.R.6054 - Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018

Seems pretty worthless and could only lead to unfair over punishment IMO
How so? Wear a mask and beat me up or blow up my car you go to prison. I'm pretty OK with that. Like many laws though, it is only as good as the enforcement

How so? Wear a mask and beat me up or blow up my car you go to prison. I'm pretty OK with that. Like many laws though, it is only as good as the enforcement
Tried deleting my post, but you should go to prison for blowing up your car.....you shouldn't go for longer because you wore a mask to do it.

It doesn’t seem very well thought out and really is kind of meaningless. They’re already breaking the law in many cases.

But I gotta admit I’m interested to see how it morphs or dies in the open debate phase.

Stiffer penalties just for wearing a mask and doing something illegal to begin with?

You want the "unmasking" thing done, that's an idea they really aren't thinking straight on.

Leaning toward "hate crime" mentality in that regard, which is not a good thing IMO.

The only thing I can make any sense of at all would be the idea that if you aren't willing to commit act X without a mask on it could be a deterrent. Still kinda weak.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Leaning toward "hate crime" mentality in that regard, which is not a good thing IMO.

The only thing I can make any sense of at all would be the idea that if you aren't willing to commit act X without a mask on it could be a deterrent. Still kinda weak.

Because criminals follow the written law. See "gun free zones" for a perfect example of written words against what people really do.

Stiffer penalties just for wearing a mask and doing something illegal to begin with?

You want the "unmasking" thing done, that's an idea they really aren't thinking straight on.
I think it goes to the terrorism component of the crime.

I'm not saying I am in favor of this, but I kind of see what they are driving at. And fwiw, I disagree with the whole 'hate crime' thing as well. Never saw much use in piling that onto a murder charge. What are they gonna do? withhold the alcohol rub when they stick the needle in because it was a hate crime. What I think the law should say is that if you as an attacked person beat the living **** out of a masked attacker, there will be no charges brought.

20170825_lef.png

The fact that they named it that is ludicrous. So, basically, they want to select a subset of individuals committing crimes for "enhanced" punishment? Ironic that the targeted group describes itself as anti-fascism. Not condoning their behavior, mind you.

Because criminals follow the written law. See "gun free zones" for a perfect example of written words against what people really do.

Yeah, I'm just trying to profile what might be going through somebody's head. In the real world it's pretty much as you say.

The fact that they named it that is ludicrous. So, basically, they want to select a subset of individuals committing crimes for "enhanced" punishment? Ironic that the targeted group describes itself as anti-fascism. Not condoning their behavior, mind you.
Like someone else pointed out its at the level of hate crimes. dumb.

Reactions: Vol_Doc
Section 1. almost violates hate crime laws. This bill will never pass as is.

I can't wait to go to a non-gun free football game.

Isn't that your job grand, to not let people into football games with a gun?

Last edited:
Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, while in disguise, including while wearing a mask, injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.

These seem like pretty subjective violations that are probably already against the law.

QyfKC4E.gif

VN Store

Back