**Need Some Help Vol Family* Please Read!!**

My prayers for this sweet little angel and her family...a donation will follow. Thanks for sharing this!

Here is the latest on baby Emma. Thank you so much for everyone's donations and prayers!

Emma got her PICC line placed this morning and all went well. She is such a big girl to put up with all these procedures over the last few weeks. The biggest news is that Emma's pathology report came back showing a low grade -between Grade 1 and 2- astrocytoma, very highly treatable and possibly curable with radiation. We are so cautiously optimistic with this news. Emma will have to get radiation treatments for 5 days a week for 6 weeks then have another MRI afterward to see if we are making progress. We know that there is still a long road ahead of us, but we are so grateful that heaven has been hearing our prayers. We ask that everyone keep those prayers coming to keep this little family strong and get them ready for Emma's little baby brother or sister in January.

Thank you for the update! Bless her heart. Children are amazing in their ability to stay strong. Continuing to pray for Emma and her parents and her caregivers.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm continuing to send prayers. It breaks my heart to think of what this poor little girl is going through.

Hop - I now believe you are a stand-up guy. :thumbsup: Lifting little Emma and her family up in prayer (with a tear in my eye).

Just wanted you guys to know that Emma has been taken to surgery this morning. Her Neurosurgeon feels that the lining of her brain, or Dura is not healing properly which is causing the CSF leak. He is going in to repair it and revise her initial incision. Therese says that Emma had a decent night and that some of her facial swelling had gone down and stayed that way, but Dr. Pearson felt that if he didn’t go back in then Emma would spend the next couple of weeks in and out of the hospital battling these CSF leaks and that was not good for her.

She was just taken down to surgery prep at 9am. Please keep our little fighter in your prayers.

Thanks,

A pinhole leaking CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) was found in the dura and repaired. Then her incision was revised. She should be back in her room in a couple of hours.

Praying for Emma and her family. I can't even begin to imagine what they have/are going through. I bet everybody dealing with these types of problems wished a coaching search was the only thing upsetting them at the moment.

Just from reading, it looks like she is strong and has made positive progression with this monster. Prayer is powerful!

Update

Well, the good news is that the Dr feels that Emma’s surgery was a success. The bad news is that since she got out of surgery she is in uncontrollable pain. She is inconsolable. Per Amanda, Emma slept for about 30 minutes last night. The rest of the time she was screaming her head off…which as you know is not good for her either. Just to give you some perspective, she received 3 doses of morphine, 1 dose of dilaudid, 1 does of Tylenol 3 and a dose of Fentanyl. This is enough pain meds to put a horse down! Any way, that is today’s dilemma; trying to figure out what is causing all of this pain and how to ease it.

Just wanted to share an update. Thanks for all of your prayers.

Last edited:
I have a Heath Shuler autographed football I would be happy to donate to this cause. I'll send you an email and keep the family in our thoughts and prayers.

VN Store

Back