NCAA meeting with UT admin today

So is the thinking that Indy would let Crean out of his buyout? Because I know UT will not pay a huge buyout to get him when we can get someone that everyone has to google.

So is the thinking that Indy would let Crean out of his buyout? Because I know UT will not pay a huge buyout to get him when we can get someone that everyone has to google.

Some thought of Crean being canned at Indiana

If Tennessee does fire Tyndall they have proven that they will not pay top dollar nor anywhere close to top dollar for a basketball coach. They would likely hire some lackluster coach with a paper thin resume who get blown out after three years.

ADmin proved last year they wouldn't spend money on a big hire. If we recall we got paid a buy out from CAL for CCM and we didn't throw money with it to buy a guy we wanted.

Crean is a decent coach, but the last two years have been very average. Yes, he's had good players, and recruits well, but at the end of the day he's still not had a single 30 win season. Take out the Final Four run and he's done jack **** at IU in the tourney. By IU standards thats not good enough. I think UT would happily take sweet 16s, and hope to go further every couple years if possible. Wouldn't be a bad hire imo. But not sure he's near the top.

I can back Tix. He is most definitely in the know.

Mebbe...but he/she must betray all sorts of confidence to bring sensitive material to social media like VN while proceedings haven't been released. Hard news & opinions are one thing, but I've never had much use for tale-bearers. :ermm:

I'm wondering if the NCAA gives us an ultimatum. If you fire coach, you get these punishments, if you keep him, you get these kind of scenario.

If he's suspended and we get hit with recruiting sanctions and/or loss of scholarships, I don't see how we can keep him.

If he is suspended the University probably retains him....I dont think the NCAA can punish US because of what CDT did at So Miss.

Who really knows?

Show cause he is gone, pretty simple.

Too much speculation....a lot of drama, but what does anyone really expect since the Pearl fiasco?

Should be an interesting day of events.

Crean is a decent coach, but the last two years have been very average. Yes, he's had good players, and recruits well, but at the end of the day he's still not had a single 30 win season. Take out the Final Four run and he's done jack **** at IU in the tourney. By IU standards thats not good enough. I think UT would happily take sweet 16s, and hope to go further every couple years if possible. Wouldn't be a bad hire imo. But not sure he's near the top.
That's what I think about him too, and yeah we would probably be satisfied with him.

Bob Meuler adds to the ecred. You should check out the youtube vid he posted last night. Firing Tyndall sucks and I didn't want it to happen but it is what it is. Prohm from Murray state would be a good choice for a replacement though IMO.

VN Store

Back