NCAA Baseball Postseason Thread

As much as I cant stand the Gators I preferred they won the CWS over LSU. I know a lot of people who are LSU alums, They are an arrogant bunch.
They assume they are superior in all sports.

I pray UT can get the gridiron win this year over dem Tigers.

As much as I cant stand the Gators I preferred they won the CWS over LSU. I know a lot of people who are LSU alums, They are an arrogant bunch.
They assume they are superior in all sports.

I pray UT can get the gridiron win this year over dem Tigers.

Its time for the SECe to assert some power over the SECw.

Reactions: 2 people
Its time for the SECe to assert some power over the SECw.

Thanks to some nifty UF Freshman pitching, and two awful base running errors, that came to fruition. (I am still in disbelief of the base running. Mind boggling. The game changers on snuffing out the comeback.).

What pisses me off about UF possibly winning this whole thing is their "fans" won't even care. They have the best athletic program in the country top to bottom and their fan support is pathetic and it shows in attendance and subpar facilities across the board.

Singer pitches a gem of a game and leaves to a standing ovation of like 6 people that couldn't even be heard. Had that been a LSU pitcher, TD would be erupting from 15k coonasses.

Most players are applauded by more LSU fans than any other team fans at Omaha on a yearly basis. They buy their tickets a year in advance on their way out. LSU fans will be in Omaha regardless. They figure in any given year the team stands a good chance of being in Omaha, so if they make it, the fans already have seats. Watch next year if LSU doesn't make Omaha. You will see purple and gold anyway.

Thanks! It's nice to see them finally put it all together at the right time. So often it has seemed like they spent all they had to get there, then just flamed out.

I would have to say that he called perfect strategy at every point in that game that he had to make a game defining decision. Not one thing backfired on him last night.

I would have to say that he called perfect strategy at every point in that game that he had to make a game defining decision. Not one thing backfired on him last night.

In game coaching was great. However the hitters are poorly coached. Cant bunt, can't run the bases and the dive by the right fielder was one of the worse baseball plays I have seen. Clearly poorly coached

In game coaching was great. However the hitters are poorly coached. Cant bunt, can't run the bases and the dive by the right fielder was one of the worse baseball plays I have seen. Clearly poorly coached

LSU and UF's footwork on the infield was tough to watch last night. The 3B for LSU booted that ball because he allowed himself to be caught in between steps. Robertson's throw that took a great stretch to make the play was terrible. Just set your feet and throw. The 1st basemen for LSU doesn't attack the pick and then bobbles it to boot.

Then you have the DP base running blunder. UF's 2nd baseman completely botched the covering of first on the Freeman bunt.

They are great athletes so they can get by with it, but there was a lot of simple stuff done poorly last night.

I think some of you guys forget these are college kids we're talking about here.

Some plays these guys make look like major league level plays and, yeah, they still throw in some bonehead stuff that a 19 year old might do.

I have noticed that the bunting issue seems to be a problem everywhere. I thought Florida was bad at it (and they are), but I didn't see a team that was good at it either. I wonder if the metal bat is part of the problem.

Reactions: 1 person
I think some of you guys forget these are college kids we're talking about here.

Some plays these guys make look like major league level plays and, yeah, they still throw in some bonehead stuff that a 19 year old might do.

I have noticed that the bunting issue seems to be a problem everywhere. I thought Florida was bad at it (and they are), but I didn't see a team that was good at it either. I wonder if the metal bat is part of the problem.

You didn't watch Oregon state close enough or Louisville for that matter. I am not a fan of bunting but when you Need to do it you need to do it well. Lsu had a great one last night and very easily could have been the difference in the game

Most of these 19 year olds have been playing for 12+ year at a high level. It's baseball not rocket surgery

Reactions: 1 person
The SEC West gets a lot of well deserved respect for the quality and depth of their teams, their attendance, and their facilities.

But it's worth noting that in the last 8 seasons, SEC east teams have combined for 12 appearances in Omaha, 7 teams in the final series and 4 national championships, won by 3 different programs.

Facilities and attendance means very little in college baseball

Very happy for the Gators. Their fans must have been getting restless after going about two weeks without bringing home a national championship in a collegiate sport.

Yeah, the women's tennis and men's outdoor track & field natties were nice; but this is the one Gator fans have been lusting after.

Those others ensured our streak of winning at least 1 natty a year would reach an 8th year; but winning baseball put us in the most exclusive club in college athletics... only 4-6 (depending on how one counts football) programs in the country have titles in all 3 primary men's sports, Football, Basketball, Baseball.

Did you watch the same game the rest of us did?

I thought both coaches did well. Manieri even pulled his 1B after a couple poor at-bats and errors.
The LSU 1B trying to take out the UF 2B was not bad coaching, that was a player doing something stupid.
Same with the UF RF making that awful dive. And the UF guy who was just staring into space and got picked off at 1B.

And that was just Game 2.

Did you watch the same game the rest of us did?

I thought both coaches did well. Manieri even pulled his 1B after a couple poor at-bats and errors.
The LSU 1B trying to take out the UF 2B was not bad coaching, that was a player doing something stupid.
Same with the UF RF making that awful dive. And the UF guy who was just staring into space and got picked off at 1B.

And that was just Game 2.

I get the play at 2nd with the runner but the diving with zero shot at catching the ball worh rhe tieing run at the plate is on coaching.

Yes I watched the game and have watched most of floridas post season games. Their pitchers are coaches extremely well. Their position players aren't. Plain and simple

I get the play at 2nd with the runner but the diving with zero shot at catching the ball worh rhe tieing run at the plate is on coaching.

Yes I watched the game and have watched most of floridas post season games. Their pitchers are coaches extremely well. Their position players aren't. Plain and simple

I'd glady trade positions with UF then.

Their offensive talent is terrible. It amazes me the poor production they've had the plate over the last several years. They take a lot of pitches trying to run the pitch count up and my dad wondered out loud one game if that affects their offensive numbers because it puts them in a position of having to swing at marginal pitches due to protecting with 2 strikes. I never thought of that but it has to have an impact on their offensive numbers. The elimination game vs TCU, Larson led off the game with a K looking. He took 6 straight pitches and never moved the bat.

Their offensive talent is terrible. It amazes me the poor production they've had the plate over the last several years. They take a lot of pitches trying to run the pitch count up and my dad wondered out loud one game if that affects their offensive numbers because it puts them in a position of having to swing at marginal pitches due to protecting with 2 strikes. I never thought of that but it has to have an impact on their offensive numbers. The elimination game vs TCU, Larson led off the game with a K looking. He took 6 straight pitches and never moved the bat.

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. O'Sullivan has had some teams that can flat out pound the ball. This wasn't one of them.

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. O'Sullivan has had some teams that can flat out pound the ball. This wasn't one of them.

Yes I agree but they were never a well oiled machine like a well coached offense should be. Imo that's the sacrifice you pay for having scouts on staff and not coaches

:blink: Huh? Are you sure you've been watching the games? These days Sully's position players routinely rank in the Top 10 nationally in fielding percentage...

2017 - #8 - .981
2016 - #3 - .982
2015 - #1 - .984
2014 - #24 - .975
2013 - #33 - .975
2012 - #16 - .977
2011 - #33 - .974
2010 - #6 - .978
2009 - #95 - .966
2008 - #138 - .963

Looks like some pretty serious improvement going on after his first 2 seasons to me.

Amazing that he's made the post-season every year at UF, been to the CWS 6 of his 10 years at UF, made the Finals twice, won a National Championship, won 4 SEC and 2 SECT titles, was voted SEC COY twice, and voted Baseball America National COY once, all while his position players were being poorly coached. Great pitching alone does not accomplish all that. Plain and simple.

VN Store

Back