NC State Game on Friday

It was either play on Friday or wait and play on Monday. They definitely were not going to do a double header at the Dome bc it takes away from revenue. And people are more likely to travel for a Fri-Sun weekend than a Sat-Mon. Its all about $$$ and Clemson-Auburn is a bigger game than Tennessee-NCState. Truth hurts but thats the way it is.

And its not like there is good HS football in Tennessee anyway, i cant believe people are actually having to choose between TN HS football and the Tennessee Vols. Not true fans IMO.

I probably would since I would be jonesing from no Football for 8 months

Gotta agree with you here. I think the 1st weekend of college football is great. Hell, I was watching HS football on ESPN the weekend before college started last year.

I always check to see what the Fri night game is. People will watch this one.

Face it we are a 6 win a year team at best. We get Friday just like the other Div 2 schools.

Closet Bammer fan IMO.

So what if we play on a Friday night? I'll be in Atlanta in all orange just as if it were a Saturday. People need to realize that until we start proving that we are "Still Tennessee" no one is going to take us seriously.

Closet Bammer fan IMO.

So what if we play on a Friday night? I'll be in Atlanta in all orange just as if it were a Saturday. People need to realize that until we start proving that we are "Still Tennessee" no one is going to take us seriously.

Nope, hate Bama more than Florida, barely. I just hate seeing where we are at now. After a Vol loss I was mad for days, now I just expect it. Apathy is what Hamilton brought us. Hopefully Hart fixes that quick.

I'm sure ESPN will switch the game if someone would just ask them nicely.

A double header on Saturday would mean the Vols kicking it at Noonish.

So who is gonna tune in and watch Saturday noon football on a Holiday weekend...not as many that will tune in on Friday after arriving at their destination for said weekend.

If we start winning and get back in the top 25 then we can stop b@tching about this stuff.

This x100. When UT starts kicking some @$$ again...until that happens welcome to the U. I was shocked how many game this past year were actually nationally televised.

As long as the Vols beat NC State I don't really care what day or which channel it's on...GBO !! :rock:

As long as the Vols beat NC State I don't really care what day or which channel it's on...GBO !! :rock:

Don't worry man. We will dominate State. This is going to be Bama/Clemson. This will be our coming out party. They are soft and we will hit them quick. I've seen them and I know what they are.

Is anyone going to try and catch the Braves game the next day.The Phillies will be in town 4:05 game on Saturday.

Don't worry man. We will dominate State. This is going to be Bama/Clemson. This will be our coming out party. They are soft and we will hit them quick. I've seen them and I know what they are.

Yeah I have family in Raleigh that are Wolfpack fans and used to live there myself. I've seen us lose to UNC...Maryland...Va. Tech and Clemson with 3 of those right in the Ga. Dome so my confidence isn't what it used to be even if it is "just" another ACC team.

I do think we can beat them but it won't be as easy as many think...hope I'm wrong though. :thumbsup:

Yeah I have family in Raleigh that are Wolfpack fans and used to live there myself. I've seen us lose to UNC...Maryland...Va. Tech and Clemson with 3 of those right in the Ga. Dome so my confidence isn't what it used to be even if it is "just" another ACC team.

I do think we can beat them but it won't be as easy as many think...hope I'm wrong though. :thumbsup:

I hope you are wrong too. I attribute those losses, even the UNC game, to the decline of a program. I hope last year was rock bottom and it is all back up from here.

Hey guys, Georgia State fan here. I was wondering if any of you guys were planning on hitting up the Georgia State game the night before your game. Thought you might be interested as we'll be up in Knoxville the following week.

VN Store

Back