NC State Game on Friday

And Saturday night is for fighting!

I actually knew a guy one time who had that tatooed on his arm

A real UT fan is not at all concerned about the possibility of high school football conflicting with UT football. Why? Because there is no conflict. If you have to choose between HS football or UT football, at the Ga Dome, playing an ACC team, for the first real televised game of the year, there is no real choice. That is like saying...boo hoo, you are making me choose between playing NCAA 2012 on XBOX or watching real live UT football. I will take the real thing anytime...

We're on ESPNU and we're not even the main event of this thing. Nobody will be watching this except for Vols and Pack fans.

I call total BS on this. Sounds a bit like hurt feelings and self importance to me. After a long summer of no football, I tend to watch any and all televised games at the start of the season, I don't care who is playing. There are probably more like me than there are who have some conflict with high school. Do you think the demographic for UT fans, with high school football playing kids, who would have gone to this game if it did not conflict with their schedule is relatively large? I would submit that it cannot be, it is too narrow. There are far more fans who have kids either older or younger than this tiny sliver, or have no kids at all, or whose kids dont play high school football. For the ones who cannot go, turn on ESPN U, or go to ESPN.com and get game updates.

I simply feel the Tennessee Vols are too great a program to play on Friday night on ESPNU.

How about the games that are only available on PPV? I believe the season opener two years ago was only available that way (and there was at least one game this season like that). Our season opener this year is on ESPNU, a huge step up from PPV, and people still complain. I don't get it.

How about the games that are only available on PPV? I believe the season opener two years ago was only available that way (and there was at least one game this season like that). Our season opener this year is on ESPNU, a huge step up from PPV, and people still complain. I don't get it.

It's a little different opening with NC State in the Chick Fil A Kickoff than opening with UT Martin or Montana. That's what people are upset over.

I'm not sure what ESPN is broadcasting on the flagship or ESPN 2 that night but it doesn't matter. I'll be watching the Vols on the U! I promise the players and coaches will not be whining about it nearly as much as the fans. It is their job to perform the best they can even if the game is at 9am that Friday morning.

pretty sure we will still have one PPV game per season

I think thats part of the sec TV contract. Every team gets one ppv game.

I will be officiating HS football on Friday. I can't believe I'm gonna miss the first game.

I see a potential cell phone commercial here! Here we have a ref at a football game streaming the UT game and watching it and not the game he's officiating. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe...ESPN is trying to get ESPN U more exposure by putting this game on Friday night. :pardon:

I heard a thing on the radio that may, or may not, be correct. It was one the 104.5 Zone shows out of Nashville. They thought that something is in the works to line up five consective SEC games on that opening weekend.

On Thursday, South Carolina opens the season in Nashville at Vandy
On Friday, we play NC State
On Saturday, Auburn vs Clemson
On Sunday, Kentucky vs Louisville
On Monday night, Alabama vs Michigan

I know it isn't all scheduled that way yet; that was the rumored lineup

Last edited:
Play on Thursday in Atlanta, instead of a weekend night. :crazy:

I can take two days off and go down Thursday. Or I can take one day off and go down Friday.

GO VOLS!!! See you in Atlanta!!!!

Its HS games he is carping about

Play on Thursday in Atlanta, instead of a weekend night. :crazy:

I can take two days off and go down Thursday. Or I can take one day off and go down Friday.

GO VOLS!!! See you in Atlanta!!!!

Play on Sunday...No Friday rush hour traffic and Monday is Labor day.

I see a potential cell phone commercial here! Here we have a ref at a football game streaming the UT game and watching it and not the game he's officiating. :good!:

Nope cant get U on cell phones - can you Deerpark ?

lol nobody will be watching this game.

If Mississippi State and Wake Forrest were playing on ESPNU on a Friday night, would you be watching? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I probably would since I would be jonesing from no Football for 8 months

VN Store

Back