'19 NC SDE Terrell Dawkins

When the greatest coach of all time calls for your service? :wavey:

QRAAhGG.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Ohio State hosted a number of standout prospects for their annual spring game on Saturday, and one of the talents they welcomed in was Concord (NC) Cox Mill 2019 DE Terrell Dawkins. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Dawkins enjoyed his first time in Columbus. "The visit was great," Dawkins told Bucknuts. "Everything I expected was there."

A highlight of the trip for the up-and-coming prospect was the chance to speak with his possible future position coach. "I finally got to talk to Coach [Larry] Johnson," he said. "The highlight of the trip was getting to talk to him. He was just saying all the right stuff."

At the conclusion of the trip, Dawkins got an offer from the Buckeyes, Tweeting ,"Blessed to receive a great offer from The Ohio State University". It's an offer that could be a game-changer for the Tar Hell State native. "It changes things in my recruiting process," he shared. "I can't really say they're my number one, but they are one of my top schools (also mentioning Tennessee, Florida, and N.C. State as the others)."

There's plenty of time for those four schools, and other programs, to make their move for Dawkins, though. "I'll decide maybe during my football season," he responded when asked. "The most important thing to me is my connection with the coaches."

-OSU 247

He gone.

STOCK HOLDING
DE Terrell Dawkins, Concord, N.C.

The three-star defensive end has been high on Tennessee since getting an offer from the Vols in February, and they looked like the clear favorites to land him coming off his visit to Knoxville on April 7 for Tennessee’s first spring scrimmage. But his trip to Ohio State the weekend of April 14, which resulted in the Buckeyes extending an offer to him, might have given the Vols some serious competition for him. Just a couple weeks ago, Dawkins seemed to be open to the idea of making a decision fairly soon. Tennessee remains high on his list, but it’s now possible he’ll wait a bit longer to make his choice.

- Callahan

Reactions: 1 person
"Coach Pruitt at Tennessee is a pretty down to earth person and you can connect with him pretty easily," he said. "Coach Niedermeyer is a funny person and they’re doing a good job. The campus was really nice. It’s a big campus but everything seemed pretty close and that made everything more comfortable.

Dawkins and his family were clearly impressed by Ohio State during his visit and the hometown pull from N.C. State is evident. Tennessee is in good position and the fact that Dawkins wants to get a closer look at Notre Dame is a good sign for the Fighting Irish. It doesn't seem like Dawkins is the top target for many of these schools but he is a high potential prospect and would be a very good addition for any of these teams regardless of whether he is a back up plan or not. Some dominoes need to fall before a clear picture of Dawkins' recruitment will emerge.

-Rivals

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back