NBA Salary CAP About to Rocket Upwards

Me personally, I don't care which 3 of the major sports involved they are way overpaid. Guys, some of you are shocking the heck out of me with your stance against our military & lower-middle class people not getting paid. That's just shameful to see. For any American to say that a single one of these NBA/MLB/NFL players are deserving of making all these millions of dollars & we have poor people out here working their asses off for basically nothing is ridiculous.

Now, most of these athletes do pay quite a bit of money to charity & that's the way it should be but they are getting paid way way too much for what they do. Listen, I played sports all through my childhood into teenagers years & then into small college basketball. I'm not against sports period.

I am against all this money they make. I'm not jealous about the money as a Christian man. I want all people to be successful in life & prosper but for what they make compared to so so many other paying jobs is ridiculous & wrong period!

Last edited:
If you make $21k/year, you are among the top 10% in the world*. If we're gonna derail the thread to cry a river for poor people, let's cry about real poverty.

*or in other words, you are 27x richer than 1 billion ****ing people

If you make $21k/year, you are among the top 10% in the world. If we're gonna derail the thread to cry a river for poor people, let's cry about real poverty.

I believe I've mentioned both lower & middle class people. Anyhow, we can get back on topic & talk about the CAP moves that may happen come 16-17.

This is why I think KD will sign just a 1 yr deal with the Thunder & hold off to sign that ungodly amount of a maxed contract of $30.8 million per.

Yeah that would make the most sense financially.

Will also be interesting to see what it does to the trade prospects of certain role players. Might not see as many traded away, because replacing them under new cap restrictions will mean paying a lot more for a similar player.

It also means that GS suddenly has $30M* in cap space for Durant. That was probably the biggest obstacle to him going there. The other obstacle is people will punk him for it.

*factoring in expiring contracts

Punk him badly. And yeah, not taking anything away from their run, but my goodness salaries and player development has been mighty friendly to GS during this stretch...

Huff... Let's say Love is out of Cleveland. What do you think they will do or should do with cap space?

Would Horford fit with that team?

I believe I've mentioned both lower & middle class people. Anyhow, we can get back on topic & talk about the CAP moves that may happen come 16-17.

This is why I think KD will sign just a 1 yr deal with the Thunder & hold off to sign that ungodly amount of a maxed contract of $30.8 million per.

It'll be even higher next year, considering that the cap is projected to rise to around $108 million plus next summer

Me personally, I don't care which 3 of the major sports involved they are way overpaid. Guys, some of you are shocking the heck out of me with your stance against our military & lower-middle class people not getting paid. That's just shameful to see. For any American to say that a single one of these NBA/MLB/NFL players are deserving of making all these millions of dollars & we have poor people out here working their asses off for basically nothing is ridiculous.

Now, most of these athletes do pay quite a bit of money to charity & that's the way it should be but they are getting paid way way too much for what they do. Listen, I played sports all through my childhood into teenagers years & then into small college basketball. I'm not against sports period.

I am against all this money they make. I'm not jealous about the money as a Christian man. I want all people to be successful in life & prosper but for what they make compared to so so many other paying jobs is ridiculous & wrong period!

What's your problem with capitalism? People make money based on the revenue they generate. I don't know how else you would do it, or whose place it would be to decide which jobs are "important" and which ones aren't

Reactions: 1 person
Huff... Let's say Love is out of Cleveland. What do you think they will do or should do with cap space?

Would Horford fit with that team?

Horford is a pretty good fit because he can spread things out some playing with Thompson. I am not sure how the contracts work out tho. Can you trade Kevin Love for a guy making $1M? I've never really understood the rules about that.

The problem with dealing Love is most available quality bigs aren't going to be a good fit with TT. P Gasol is an option.

The other option is to go small ball and invest in a SF and let Lebron play PF. Harrison Barnes might be a decent option (though he will probably be overpaid) because he's a pretty big 3 who can bust. I like Bazemore better, and he will be at a better price, but he's small.

I know Irving is playing really well in the finals, but he's not consistently that good and he has a lot more trade value than Love. You can get more out of Love with another set of guards. For example, you could probably get Jimmy butler, a solid PG, and possibly another piece by dealing Irving and JR Smith. Suddenly the D is a whole lot better and it's easier to hide Love.

I think it makes more sense to get rid of Irving, but they will probably deal Love.

. I'm a conservative Christian Veteran and I have no idea how you have arrived at this point. The day that LeBron James stops selling the **** out of jerseys and tickets will be the day he doesn't get a max contract. It's scary that you have such a loose understanding of basic economics and the job market.

Reactions: 2 people
Horford is a pretty good fit because he can spread things out some playing with Thompson. I am not sure how the contracts work out tho. Can you trade Kevin Love for a guy making $1M? I've never really understood the rules about that.

The problem with dealing Love is most available quality bigs aren't going to be a good fit with TT. P Gasol is an option.

The other option is to go small ball and invest in a SF and let Lebron play PF. Harrison Barnes might be a decent option (though he will probably be overpaid) because he's a pretty big 3 who can bust. I like Bazemore better, and he will be at a better price, but he's small.

I know Irving is playing really well in the finals, but he's not consistently that good and he has a lot more trade value than Love. You can get more out of Love with another set of guards. For example, you could probably get Jimmy butler, a solid PG, and possibly another piece by dealing Irving and JR Smith. Suddenly the D is a whole lot better and it's easier to hide Love.

I think it makes more sense to get rid of Irving, but they will probably deal Love.

No way they deal kyrie, in my opinion. And I think the Warriors can match whoever on Barnes (but obviously won't if they do something big in free agency).

I like the Horford fit the most. And I thought about Pau, as well.

The Jazz will have $34M to play with. The real question here is what do they do? The only way we can win in free agency is by paying more than market value for guys who are undervalued. Suddenly we have a lot more money to play that game with.

Re-sign Trevor Booker
Overpay Mike Conley
Overpay Kent Bazemore, Nicolas Batum, or Evan Turner
Draft Valentine
Trade Burke and Burks (maybe use them to ensure we get Valentine)

They'd be scary. Almost made the playoffs with horrific guard play.

I just realized the Jazz are probably not going to re-sign Booker because of Trey Lyles....****!

No, you started this lunacy. I want to explore how much huff hates poor people and those in the military some more.

What's your problem with capitalism? People make money based on the revenue they generate. I don't know how else you would do it, or whose place it would be to decide which jobs are "important" and which ones aren't

. I'm a conservative Christian Veteran and I have no idea how you have arrived at this point. The day that LeBron James stops selling the **** out of jerseys and tickets will be the day he doesn't get a max contract. It's scary that you have such a loose understanding of basic economics and the job market.

I'm personally finished talking about this thread/topic in this manner. I said let's talk about what it's for or about now. Some have gotten that message & some haven't.

No way they deal kyrie, in my opinion. And I think the Warriors can match whoever on Barnes (but obviously won't if they do something big in free agency).

Pau was the one I thought they should have gotten in 2014 instead of Love. Irving/Wiggins/LeBron/Pau/Thompson, or something like that, would be a force.

Reactions: 1 person
The Jazz will have $34M to play with. The real question here is what do they do? The only way we can win in free agency is by paying more than market value for guys who are undervalued. Suddenly we have a lot more money to play that game with.

Re-sign Trevor Booker
Overpay Mike Conley
Overpay Kent Bazemore, Nicolas Batum, or Evan Turner
Draft Valentine
Trade Burke and Burks (maybe use them to ensure we get Valentine)

They'd be scary. Almost made the playoffs with horrific guard play.

Still have Exum too, assuming his recovery is on schedule. I haven't heard much about him

My Celtics have a lot of CAP room. I just hope we can get another star player to go alongside Isiah Thomas. I don't think we get that player from the draft.

It will take trading away a pick(s) in order to accomplish this. The big chat has been about The C's getting Jimmy Bulter or Kevin Love.

They would have to trade the 3rd pick & probably 2 current roster players to get either Butler or Love. We can also go after at least one high profile player thru FA after the draft.

I'm personally finished talking about this thread/topic in this manner. I said let's talk about what it's for or about now. Some have gotten that message & some haven't.

So you babble and insult and now taking your ball and going home. You probably should have taken your advice here yourself before you started. Ok, now I'm personally finished.

I don't think The Warriors resign Barnes....IMO

VN Store

Back