National Championship is Ours…

Don’t see anyone beating Purdue or UCONN. We’ve been waiting for the Vols’ shooters to get hot all season. If it hasn’t happened by now it probably isn’t going to.

Eh....Purdue's guards are average at best. We all know what happens with average guards in the tournament. Just a matter of time.

Don’t see anyone beating Purdue or UCONN. We’ve been waiting for the Vols’ shooters to get hot all season. If it hasn’t happened by now it probably isn’t going to.
We very well could have beaten Purdue in Hawaii so there should be no reason we wouldn't have a good chance if we play again. Connecticut is good but they're beatable. But first things first, Creighton.

If Santi and JJJ get hot, we’re National Champions.

If they don’t, we’re not.

Not a bad place to be. It’s within reach and possible.

If I’m Barnes, I take the team out of KTown now. The water there breeds chokers.
To light it up, you have to first look for your shot and shoot and second hit them. Might be something we haven’t seen much this year, Stress point one BTW.

To light it up, you have to first look for your shot and shoot and second hit them. Might be something we haven’t seen much this year, Stress point one BTW.
The “scared to shoot” mentality is spreading from Santi and JJJ to others unfortunately. Mashack was wide open a few times vs TX and didn’t shoot. He has decent ability to hit 3s. Even Gainey hasn’t been as trigger happy as earlier in the season. I don’t want them jacking up 3s at will but if open pull the trigger!

If I’m Barnes, I take the team out of KTown now. The water there breeds chokers.
If we win (we won't) the national championship, it will be because of Knecht and ZZ. Those 2 have not helped much on offense, don't expect them to start now.

Reactions: JohnWardForever

It's not that simple. They don't have to get "hot". My goodness

I'm just wanting a combined 15 points. Don't need them to get hot. But just contribute and be a viable option. Hit the open shots, take the jump shots when they are in space, drive to the basket when there is a crease. Until they do, we are rewarding teams for cheating towards the other players.
Accurate

Santi used to often do that little catch and fake, dribble side step and shoot that was very effective. Don’t think I’ve seen him do it all year this year. I think relinquishing his role as the sharp shooter and living in the shadow of Knecht are likely the reasons we’ve seen SV’s confidence take a hit and his offense take a step back this year. If so then it’s on him to overcome that.

I also think Knecht’s offense and accuracy has dropped off the last few games because he is clearly making a conscious effort to do as Barnes instructed and share the ball more. You can see him hesitating and passing up shots now that he didn’t before. Previously he played more fluidly and attacked without hesitation, now he’s thinking about it, and it’s throwing his game off. That’s my assessment anyway.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize they were undefeated!
They have lost three times. Two of those games, at Kansas and at Seton Hall, they were playing without two starters. The other was on the road at Creighton, in which the Blue Jays hit 14 three-pointers. They are not unbeatable, but it is going to take a truly great performance for someone to beat them.

VN Store

Back