Nate Bargatze on SNL

His stand up is ok. Not the biggest fan, but wife likes it. I enjoy some of it. Def appreciate the clean jokes, that has to be hard to do. Really like Jim Gaffigan for that reason. Conan is also one that can be funny without potty mouth, granted his PC can go down some rabbit holes.

Those are some good sketches.

Those who go see him live, post some reviews after the show. Id be interested to see the reviews.
I used to enjoy Gaffigan, but his last few specials have grated on my nerves. He needs to lose the high-pitched whiny voice thing and give up the self-loathing old/fat stuff.

Honestly, I think Bargatze is top-5 right now, and a lot of his peers agree, even the "dirty" ones.

I used to enjoy Gaffigan, but his last few specials have grated on my nerves. He needs to lose the high-pitched whiny voice thing and give up the self-loathing old/fat stuff.

Honestly, I think Bargatze is top-5 right now, and a lot of his peers agree, even the "dirty" ones.
Gaffigan has done too many specials, in addition to serious roles, and his own show. Gotta think its hard to crank out that much content. Theres a reason Mike Judge is choosy about the stuff does, despite having a 'closet full of jokes.'

I know quite a few people that love Barghatze. Again, not my cup of tea.

His stand up is ok. Not the biggest fan, but wife likes it. I enjoy some of it. Def appreciate the clean jokes, that has to be hard to do. Really like Jim Gaffigan for that reason. Conan is also one that can be funny without potty mouth, granted his PC can go down some rabbit holes.

Those are some good sketches.

Those who go see him live, post some reviews after the show. Id be interested to see the reviews.
I saw him live last week. If you don’t care for his specials, you won’t like his live show. He recycles his jokes with slightly different takes (as all comedians do). That being said, I thought it was pretty good.

I think what’s interesting with Nate is that I think he’s great at standup, but not great as a guest on talk shows like other comics. Someone like a Bill Burr or Chapelle can come out and just talk about random things and be naturally funny, but Nate doesn’t have that ability.

Nate's Dad is a magician. There is no way he actually put it in his mouth. Some slight of hand, if the story is otherwise true.
I mean yeah that's weird as hell to even pretend, but who tf meets a famous person in an elevator and immediately asks to see their junk? Like.....what? That's not even funny. If that's true he's lucky LeBron didn't square up on him.

I mean yeah that's weird as hell to even pretend, but who tf meets a famous person in an elevator and immediately asks to see their junk? Like.....what? That's not even funny. If that's true he's lucky LeBron didn't square up on him.

I think that's legendary, tbh. The other part is too much

I didn’t know who he was. Story smelled like BS, though.

He's pretty funny. Maybe there is an inside joke reason why this is funnier than it appears on the surface, but it doesn't seem like AJ would just make up a story about a buddy for kicks. Seems more like a Bert Kreischer type of move. Jeselnik has a dark soul and he's clever. Maybe this is his real world persona. I only know him on stage.

I didn't even realize that was him. Been a long time since I've seen him, probably not sense he had a TV show, can't even remember the name of it.
From what I've read of Nate and heard from him in interviews, I'd wager a chunk of change that that's a BS story that Jes made up in jest. Comics love to bust each other's nuts. And, I think quite a few are honestly jealous at NB's ability to be funny as hell without going dark or vulgar.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N

VN Store

Back