NASCAR fines Kyle Busch $50,000

50k is nothing to him.I don't think nascar needs to put him on probation. I think they made their point by not letting him drive the rest of the weekend.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Money penalties are pretty much useless. That kind of money is pocket change to successful drivers like Busch. NASCAR hit him where it really hurt when they forced him to watch the car he was supposed to be in ride around the track two laps down. You know that killed him more than anything. Maybe it'll make him think before acting from now on.

He had the same issues with Tony Stewart and managed to get two titles of it. He'd be stupid to drop his driver.

He had the same issues with Tony Stewart and managed to get two titles of it. He'd be stupid to drop his driver.

I agree, but if Mars throws down the ultimatum, what do you think JGR will do?

Hope Gibbs adds to his punishment, and gets rid of him next year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's too far. Perhaps tell him he's on thin ice, but Kyle Busch is the face of that team. If Gibbs stuck with Smoke through his rough patch, he'll stand by Kyle.

Brad K said it earlier, too. I'm thinking more along the lines of M&M's dropping him next year. They may as well finish out this season with him.

Brad K said it earlier, too. I'm thinking more along the lines of M&M's dropping him next year. They may as well finish out this season with him.

He's on the same team?

All I saw is that he was hearing rumors, just like everybody else.

Some crew members are tweeting he's being released from JGR altogether. Wouldn't that be the story of the year? Holy moly.

I guess there will be a release in an hour.

Jeez, you'd have thought he was smoking meth or committing murder.

committing murder.

Could have.

Wrecks are so commonplace in NASCAR that I think it belittles the seriousness of the matter. Can you imagine driving 200mph down the road and some ******* just wrecking you deliberately? Even with all the safety equipment, it's still very dangerous.

Could have.

Wrecks are so commonplace in NASCAR that I think it belittles the seriousness of the matter. Can you imagine driving 200mph down the road and some ******* just wrecking you deliberately? Even with all the safety equipment, it's still very dangerous.

You could have died driving to work today. But you didn't. Dealing in hypotheticals is stupid.

More like overreaction of the decade.

Yeah, it would be a bit much, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked to see a firing happen. It seems that JGR has to do damage control every other weekend in regards to Kyle's antics. I mean, excluding past episodes, just look at the incidents involving Busch just this year...

1) On track wreck with Kevin Harvick at Darlington, leading to incident on pit road. NASCAR fined him $25,000.

2) Caught driving 128 mph in a 45 mph zone on public road. NC License removed and fined $1,000.

3) On track incident with James Buescher in Truck Race, leading to scuffle with Richard Childress. NASCAR fined him $150,000.

4) On track incident with Elliott Sadler in Truck Race at Bristol.

5) On track incident with Ron Hornaday in Truck Race at Texas. Fined $50,000 and parked by NASCAR for weekend.

And like I said, that's just his record for THIS year, not including past incidents. All the bad publicity and nearly a quarter million dollars in fines this year has made JGR weigh the pros and cons of keeping Busch around. At this point, they are probably sick of doing damage control and they have to think things through, which is something Busch doesn't seem to know how to do in the heat of the moment. Think.

Could have.

I am actually doing a bit of research to find out what sort of tort liability Kyle Busch would have if Hornaday was injured.

VN Store

Back