Narcos (Netflix)

This show is great, especially if you want to brush up on your Spanglish.

Been running around yelling COMER MIERDA for 2 weeks now.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
There is a 30 for 30 on Netflix called the Tale of Two Escobars that will spoil some of next season.

Excellent season. I felt like this season's pacing was way better than the second season's. I'm looking forward to season 4.

Tried to research the Cali cartel along with Pena's involvement. I feel like they took more artistic license this season. Seems more is known about Escobars days. What amazed me was the level of brutality Escobar employed compared to Calis. He basically wages a war against the Gov.

Next season is gonna be a needed change.

just finished season 2. Great show. The guy who did Pablo did a good job but one thing that has irked me when looking stuff up for historical reference. People actually complained about the negative light painted on Columbia AND Pablo.

In regards to Columbia, I have a good friend whose Columbian mother lived there during that time. The show made it look better than the reality according to her.

They made Pablo to look like a family man who simply dehumanized the terror he ordered. It's also interesting to see all of the conspiracy theories around his death from who shot him to if he was even shot as people think he is still alive.

just finished season 2. Great show. The guy who did Pablo did a good job but one thing that has irked me when looking stuff up for historical reference. People actually complained about the negative light painted on Columbia AND Pablo.

In regards to Columbia, I have a good friend whose Columbian mother lived there during that time. The show made it look better than the reality according to her.

They made Pablo to look like a family man who simply dehumanized the terror he ordered. It's also interesting to see all of the conspiracy theories around his death from who shot him to if he was even shot as people think he is still alive.

He intentionally ran campaigns to win over the people in Medellin. He acted like Robin Hood, fighting crooked politicians (which they were) and giving handouts to the poor, so many of them turned a blind eye, or just flat out didn't believe the bad news they heard about him.

He intentionally ran campaigns to win over the people in Medellin. He acted like Robin Hood, fighting crooked politicians (which they were) and giving handouts to the poor, so many of them turned a blind eye, or just flat out didn't believe the bad news they heard about him.

I just dont think the show did him dirty. I think they made him look better than he was.

Reactions: 1 person
I just dont think the show did him dirty. I think they made him look better than he was.

The show made him appear to be the maniac that he was. He could order people executed and play with his children at the same time. He set an entire country on fire to save his own ass. His Robin Hood goodwill died when he blew up that plane. He’s not remembered fondly by many.

If you like reading take a look at Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden. Season 1 of Narcos up through Escobar's death in season 2 seems like it was based on his book. The shows' representation of Escobar matched Bowden's representation I thought.

Wanted to be loved by the common people, wanted the respect of the upper class, but also had anyone killed if it benefited him somehow.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
If you like reading take a look at Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden. Season 1 of Narcos up through Escobar's death in season 2 seems like it was based on his book. The shows' representation of Escobar matched Bowden's representation I thought.

Wanted to be loved by the common people, wanted the respect of the upper class, but also had anyone killed if it benefited him somehow.

I'll check it out. I'll see if it's on audio since I spend most of my waking day stuck in atl traffic it seems.

VN Store

Back