N. Korea has successfully tested a Hydrogen bomb

Says the guy who puts Putin on a pedestal, that's hilarious, Obama is the potus and our complaints are legitimate, I get it, your black and you know he's tarnished the legacy for a legitimate black prez in the future, I feel your pain cuz,but he's absolutely a rigid ideologue who's done everything with his my way or the highway mentality. Quite frankly I could care less what you or sewage perceives about my so called bashing, I call it like I see it homes..

I didn't vote for Obama, nor am I a fan. But I don't blame Obama for where we are at today anymore than I blame GWB or Bill Clinton. I blame the system. I blame our foreign policy over the last 60+ years. You can't just pinpoint it to one person.

Reactions: 2 people
I really liked the tears regarding gun violence in his speech yesterday.

He did learn something from Boehner.

Wonder where those tears of concern were for so many other incidents, Ft. Hood, San Bernardino, Paris, Benghazi, . . .

Guess he had no golf game or fund raiser to go to afterwards yesterday.

His over riding concern regarding gun control is like the orchestra playing while the Titanic is sinking. Does nothing to stop any problem.

Iran fires ballistic missile test?

Obama: "Gun Control."

North Korea test hydrogen bomb?

Obama : "Gun Control."

Saudi and Iran on brink of war?

Obama: "Gun Control"

ISIS terrorist attacks?

Obama: "Global Climate Change."

Reactions: 4 people
Says the guy who puts Putin on a pedestal, that's hilarious, Obama is the potus and our complaints are legitimate, I get it, your black and you know he's tarnished the legacy for a legitimate black prez in the future, I feel your pain cuz,but he's absolutely a rigid ideologue who's done everything with his my way or the highway mentality. Quite frankly I could care less what you or sewage perceives about my so called bashing, I call it like I see it homes..

I believe you meant to say you couldn't care less.

We both know that's not true. :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
NK is a little child playing with a gun, pointing it at people. Hopefully mom or dad comes around and takes it away before someone else does.

China has threatened NK in the past for its talk because China really doesn't want nuclear war on its door step.

I am sure that the GOP candidates will blame Obama for this, much as the usual partisan hacks have done here today.

And as is the case with the partisan hacks here, none of those candidates will have any explanation for what could have been done to prevent it.

That actually seems like a rather reasonable position.

Who would want to challenge their sovereignty is the question you should be asking...

The answer to that question should keep you up at night rather than this nuke test.
Go back to sleep

I am sure that the GOP candidates will blame Obama for this, much as the usual partisan hacks have done here today.

And as is the case with the partisan hacks here, none of those candidates will have any explanation for what could have been done to prevent it.
You want to prevent this from getting worse? Put a bullet in his brain. Oh, but we can't do that now can we?

"The needs of the many...."

Actually it's Bill Clinton's fault..

Are they detonating nukes?

You must not have been paying attention.

See, there's this former administration that comes to mind, who cooked the books on 9-11 and whipped the nation into a frenzy against Iraq for some damn reason, and we went to war.

And do you know what the result of that frenzy fest of cooked intelligence and propaganda was? The greatest threat to parry Iran in Saddam's Iraq was removed, and now Iran runs the show in Iraq and has been immensely empowered and emboldened to act regionally, now that it is unconstrained by a threatening neighbor.

Reactions: 4 people

Believe me, everyone on this entire board is painfully aware that you couldn't care less. You make that abundantly clear about 50 times or so a day.

Reactions: 3 people
It's not happening. Even kim jong un isn't crazy enough to sign his own death warrant.

Really, people just need to understand this. While you can never fully know an adversary, you can make well-evidenced conclusions that a regime like Kim's is merely about survival. It's not going to act irrationally.

Iran and Pakistan are much more worrying to me, because I'm not fully convinced they're rational agents, due to the import of radical Islam in each country. Luckily, Pakistan is a secular regime and Iran, while a theocracy, is most likely more concerned about survival than apocalypse. It would take a regime with the apocalyptic vision of ISIS in Tehran, and, for all its gnashing of teeth about Israel's demise and America's death, it is not an apocalyptic regime. The ayatollahs are actually fairly learned men, who aren't really that concerned with "jihad."

My biggest fears regarding nuclear weapons are the following:

1. Pakistani state failure
2. Saudi-Iranian nuclear proliferation that is unsettled by religious extremism in both regimes
3. Non-state actors getting a weapon, or at least a dirty bomb. (We already know an unknown Russian "marketer" has attempted to sell to terrorists groups no less than three times since the late 90s. That is on official record.)

The only ones who defy rational actor theory are the religious extremists, because they simply don't care. The rules that apply to the rest of us just don't apply to them. This is the reason why the Soviets, as bad as they were, never let the nukes fly. Because they were ultimately rational actors and not religious nutbags who taught they'd be in Heaven no matter what happens. Religious extremists are therefore most likely the only candidates to actually consider using a nuclear weapon preemptively.

I'm not that concerned about North Korea letting the nukes fly or Iran preemptively nuking Israel, although the fact that these novices are not as skilled in nuclear diplomacy will be ample cause for alarm from time to time.

Last edited:
You must not have been paying attention.

See, there's this former administration that comes to mind, who cooked the books on 9-11 and whipped the nation into a frenzy against Iraq for some damn reason, and we went to war.

And do you know what the result of that frenzy fest of cooked intelligence and propaganda was? The greatest threat to parry Iran in Saddam's Iraq was removed, and now Iran runs the show in Iraq and has been immensely empowered and emboldened to act regionally, now that it is unconstrained by a threatening neighbor.

Iran runs the show because 0bama likes them for some unknown reason. The facts are that democrats have made two bad deals with the Axis of Evil

Believe me, everyone on this entire board is painfully aware that you couldn't care less. You make that abundantly clear about 50 times or so a day.

You spend a helluva lot more time on this board than I do, mix in a job or two and get a life.

Assassinate the leader of North Korea?
Yup. In a heartbeat. The world would be a better place, and most certainly North Korea would. You are too big a ***** to understand that concept, and I am guessing you would have been against the assassination of Adolph Hitler as well.

Yup. In a heartbeat. The world would be a better place, and most certainly North Korea would. You are too big a ***** to understand that concept.

I do not disagree.

But I have a problem with assassinating leaders of countries that we are not in hostilities with.

I do not disagree.

But I have a problem with assassinating leaders of countries that we are not in hostilities with.
Nobody needs to know who did it. Actually, that is our problem right now. We see the need to broadcast all our intentions about every military action we take. Seal Team XX goes in... azzhat dies. They leave. Done. Repeat that in the middle east over and over.

VN Store

Back