Myles Garrett prays not to go to Cleveland

Imagine after you were sone in college you had to do months of preparation for a draft where you had no control of where you want in the major which you selected.

The draft is a horrible concept

I agree, but at the same time I would've taken a lot of money to be drafted by a ****ty marketing firm in a city I didn't want to live in. I could handle 3 years.

I agree, but at the same time I would've taken a lot of money to be drafted by a ****ty marketing firm in a city I didn't want to live in. I could handle 3 years.

Well it is not three years. It is five. Oh and possibly two more seasons because the team does not want to pay your asking price so they give you a one year contract with no security after.

It is ridiculous.

Imagine after you were sone in college you had to do months of preparation for a draft where you had no control of where you want in the major which you selected.

The draft is a horrible concept

So's your analogy. Comparing fields of study and transition to traditional profession employment and an organized sport where hundreds of millions of compensation is doled out. The reason ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS LEAGUES created and maintain player drafts is because it works. Your position had merit when free agency was a foreign concept...not now.

Well it is not three years. It is five. Oh and possibly two more seasons because the team does not want to pay your asking price so they give you a one year contract with no security after.

It is ridiculous.

If you're referring to the franchise tag, only one player per year has to endure this fully guaranteed average of the top five salaries at that position...and it can only be applied twice nowadays. And the average number of years before your first shot at free agency is three years...depends on your rookie negotiation. Bottom line, the minimum salary of $450,000 is more than a top surgeon receives AFTER paying off any loans and financing to get him/her started. You always got to jump through some hoops to get the big money...an organized draft is small in scale.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back