Myles Garrett prays not to go to Cleveland

Yeah, but Eli didn't announce it to the entire world before the draft. And if I remember correctly, San Diego drafted him anyway. Picked up an extra pick from the Giants, and still got the QB they have had since then.

So your point is hardly comparable.

Eli has 2 rings and SD is now LA and will never win anything, just like the Browns --- I think I remember though, he also wanted to play in a warm weather city, so that didnt work out in his favor --- like someone else posted, Myles seemed to be joking, so who knows for sure

How long do you think a down organization with committed people in place that have been successful before can stay down? Barnett is worth 10 myles what'shisnameagain? Barnett = NFL. What'shisname = dairyqueen softserve.

A down organization? They're a terrible one that has always been terrible.

First off Drew Breeze was incredible in college and every one could see he was destined for greatness. Second, yes I thought eli was a ***** for pulling that move...even after I was praising him in college. Especially in those days. If you don't want to play in the NFL get a job. There are only so many opportunities.

Very few people thought Brees was destined for greatness. That's why they took Eli

Myles will be fine playing for Cleveland, and there's about a 98% chance that happens. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Lonzo Ball's dad.

First off Drew Breeze was incredible in college and every one could see he was destined for greatness. Second, yes I thought eli was a ***** for pulling that move...even after I was praising him in college. Especially in those days. If you don't want to play in the NFL get a job. There are only so many opportunities.
no...everyone didn't see his destiny of greatness and if you say you did, you are full of more **** than you have already shown here. The knock on Brees was that he was small physically and many believed he was so short he would have issues even seeing over his own Oline. He was also in a system on college that threw the ball 500+ times a season. Not sure what any of this has to do with the Browns being a **** franchise......for the longest time and Garrett's preference to play for an organization that at least has a shot in hell at competing,

Reactions: 3 people
Who would want to play there?

Very few. Ridiculous and shows the IQ of those here bashing the kid for wanting to make a better decision for himself than the Browns. I doubt some in here are bright enough to get hired at Dairy Queen.

no...everyone didn't see his destiny of greatness and if you say you did, you are full of more **** than you have already shown here. The knock on Brees was that he was small physically and many believed he was so short he would have issues even seeing over his own Oline. He was also in a system on college that threw the ball 500+ times a season. Not sure what any of this has to do with the Browns being a **** franchise......for the longest time and Garrett's preference to play for an organization that at least has a shot in hell at competing,

You mean the ESPN knock? because it's funny how I watched all his college games and everyone was talking about how good he was.

...in fact I was in portland and I remember it like yesterday, and I'm still laughing about it. That's when you know. I still get a ish eating unstoppable grin on my face when I think about that pick.

Yeah, but Eli didn't announce it to the entire world before the draft. And if I remember correctly, San Diego drafted him anyway. Picked up an extra pick from the Giants, and still got the QB they have had since then.

You're really splitting hairs here; his agent made it known publicly that Eli wasn't interested in playing for San Diego and even went a step further later and proclaimed he'd sit out the season if drafted by SD, which is a way more a threat than a guy saying he's praying a team won't pick him.

It was a very well known fact Manning didn't want to play there, plus many felt his draft day reaction on stage where he looked like a kid who was given socks for Christmas was unprofessional.

might add - Eli Manning wouldnt go to the Chargers

You're really splitting hairs here; his agent made it known publicly that Eli wasn't interested in playing for San Diego and even went a step further later and proclaimed he'd sit out the season if drafted by SD, which is a way more a threat than a guy saying he's praying a team won't pick him.

It was a very well known fact Manning didn't want to play there, plus many felt his draft day reaction on stage where he looked like a kid who was given socks for Christmas was unprofessional.

Isn't there a photo of him holding the Chargers' jersey with either a massive scowl or teary eyes from when their draft pick actually happened?

(Before the trade actually happened?)

Last edited:

Yeah, he did.

Eli Manning revisits drama of the draft day that changed Giants history | New York Post

“I think, in a lot of cases, you’d be thrilled, and you’d be excited to get drafted,” Manning told The Post this week, recalling the moment. “Obviously my circumstances [were] a little different under kind of everything that had happened that week in stating my cause that I didn’t want to go to San Diego. I was just kind of hoping something would work out, and sooner than later — either a trade, or — and didn’t really know how the next few days, next few hours, next few weeks, months, years were going to work out after that.”

San Diego drafted him anyways because the only way they could feasibly make a trade with someone (New York in this case) work where both would get what they wanted in the end involved their drafting Eli, the other team drafting Rivers, and the two trading the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Himself, his dad, and his agent.

Very few. Ridiculous and shows the IQ of those here bashing the kid for wanting to make a better decision for himself than the Browns. I doubt some in here are bright enough to get hired at Dairy Queen.

That's really nice... except if you actually take 30 seconds to read through the thread you will see that no one has bashed the kid and we all agree that Cleveland sucks.

Reactions: 2 people
That's really nice... except if you actually take 30 seconds to read through the thread you will see that no one has bashed the kid and we all agree that Cleveland sucks.

Apparently you aren't good at reading or mods have cleaned this up

And a quick glance on page one proves it's the former

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently you aren't good at reading or mods have cleaned this up

And a quick glance on page one proves it's the former

Good lord... if you call any of that "bashing" then maybe you're a little too sensitive. This is a harmless thread and Garrett was just kidding around anyway. It's fun to protest though isn't it?

Good lord... if you call any of that "bashing" then maybe you're a little too sensitive. This is a harmless thread and Garrett was just kidding around anyway. It's fun to protest though isn't it?

Not as much fun as changing the narrative apparently. You're having a blast with that

Imagine after you were sone in college you had to do months of preparation for a draft where you had no control of where you want in the major which you selected.

The draft is a horrible concept

VN Store

Back