My brothers Vol coaching conspiracy theory.

So, my brother has two degrees. One from Florida and one from UT.
He lives in Knoxville but roots for the Gators.
He loves to talk bad about the Vols and this is his latest conspiracy theory.
He says that the Vols will lose their next five: UGA, MSU, BAMA, USC, UAB.
He says at 1-8 and losing Homecoming that a fed up Fulmer would come onto the field to congratulate UAB Coach Bill Clark and tell him that he would like to talk to him and that he would be calling his agent. (tampering?).

The reasoning: We love coaches from Alabama. Clark grew up in Anniston and is a Jacksonville State grad (at least it’s not UATuscaloosa). But, the main reason is that Clark would take the UT job and the big raise and he knows about rebuilds doing it twice at UAB.
Bill Clark (American football) - Wikipedia

Not completely insane, I guess.
But I really see us at 3-6 (Not 1-8) beating MSU and UAB.
That would take the pressure off of Fulmer/Pruitt especially if we beat Vandy which I think we will to finish 4-8.
Well, its settled. Even two degrees doesnt make someone smart.

He says at 1-8 and losing Homecoming that a fed up Fulmer would come onto the field to congratulate UAB Coach Bill Clark and tell him that he would like to talk to him and that he would be calling his agent. (tampering?).

The reasoning: We love coaches from Alabama. Clark grew up in Anniston and is a Jacksonville State grad (at least it’s not UATuscaloosa). But, the main reason is that Clark would take the UT job and the big raise and he knows about rebuilds doing it twice at UAB.

That would take the pressure off of Fulmer/Pruitt especially if we beat Vandy which I think we will to finish 4-8.

Pruitt. Is. Not. Going. Anywhere. No way Fulmer hires him or anyone while we still owe Butch. Butch off our pay schedule might just be the ticket for Fulmer to act more quickly I than he might otherwise, because FSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Miss State, Nebraska all have tightening leashes on their coaches. There would be a lot of available coaches because everyone else just hired theirs and are doing better than Pruitt.

Still, Bill Clark’s team just lost to Helton. So if Butch took the Rutgers job, Fulmer still isn’t taking this guy. Fulmer will look to Kiffin before that happens and possibly even Meyer. What about SMU’s coach, or UCF’s coach? Even they have never coached in power 5, and we have made that mistake 4 times in a row. There are so many other coaches out there more proven.

Pruitt will most likely have next year to get us back to 50/50. Butch will most likely be HC next year but certainly will be within two years.

If Pruitt does, get 50/50 either this year (not going to happen) or next, he will get the next year to show improvement from there and will continue to stay as long as he shows signs of improvements.

Yes. Florida undergrad and UT grad school. Likes to mess with UT fans like me. He’s an ass.
For a second there I thought my brother outed me. Then I remembered one of my brothers is dead and the other is now my sister.

I too graduated from UF (undergraduate) and UT x 2 graduate degrees. Currently, I've an 18 y/o son having the time of his life at UT. Next year I'll likely have three at UT. Oh sh.t I'm getting depressed knowing I'll be broke.

that is in fact completely insane

Used to be.
Now a dry drunk and just kind of ornery. He misses the booze, I know.
But it cost him three wives and much misery so he joined AA.
Now he has no friends but he’s sober.

That's tough. Sadly, seen many go that route, but the booze caused him to act a fool, and acting a fool caused him the wives. Good for him for battling his demons

Pruitt doesnt get Y3 with 1-11 or 2-10. At that point, the lost revenue from bringing him back would far outweigh the buyout cost...

Even with as much glue the OP has sniffed, I think Bill Clark has a very good shot to be our next coach. He has already brought one program back from the dead so he's qualified from that perspective..
Clark is an excellent coach. I do think Pruitt is back however.

VN Store

Back