Must win games of 2024

Florida and Oklahoma are must wins. Bama is a home game at least and UGA will be an uphill battle on the road, although I'm hoping Nico provides a wrinkle in that game that can give Georgia's pass rush some problems. If we go 10-2 with only losses to Bama and UGA, we'll have an outside shot at getting in. Lose either of UF or OU and it's probably not going to happen.

You hate gators? That's a shame. Yes, I'm a Vols fan, through and through. And I love gator balls, called nuggets by some. No, they're not hairy. They're reptiles, you know. Just love them. Snip, snip, hooray! Fried Gator Nuggets Recipe

Reactions: jgasser
OU is a big early test. Heuple needs to show he can prepare his team for road games like this.

What are the “must win” games in your opinion that we need to win to have a successful season in 2024? Florida and Bama in Neyland are the two games we really need to win to have a shot at the playoff I think we might can get in at 10-2 but def not 9-3.
All of them are must win if we want to be champions

Worst case scenario has to be going 2-2 versus OU, Florida, Bama and UGA. The goal is to win all the games, SEC championship, BYE in the CFP and CFP bid, in that order . 10 wins has to happen in the regular season or the CFP is not going to happen.
Worst case scenario is probably more like only beating Florida out of those 4. We should beat Florida, we really should, especially since it's at home. I think it would be an upset to beat Bama or UGA, and losing at OU would not be a disgrace. Hopefully we get 2 of the 4 though, at least.

Worst case scenario is probably more like only beating Florida out of those 4. We should beat Florida, we really should, especially since it's at home. I think it would be an upset to beat Bama or UGA, and losing at OU would not be a disgrace. Hopefully we get 2 of the 4 though, at least.
I meant the worst case scenario for making the CFP. Honestly, we have to go 1-2 at worst vs OU, Bama, UGA and just count UF as a win.

I meant the worst case scenario for making the CFP. Honestly, we have to go 1-2 at worst vs OU, Bama, UGA and just count UF as a win.
Yeah, to make the playoff I agree and not drop another random game. 10-2 is possible I think, but everything's got to go right.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
100% Alabama and Florida. Florida is struggling and Tennessee should not lose to a head coach in his first year with a team at HOME! I know Alabama has talent but so do WE!!!

Must win games are OU, UF, and Bama. We should be favored in all 3.
Do you ever get tired of making dumb predictions? You make the most outlandish demands and predictions. So do you already have your criteria ready as to why this staff is a failure like you do every year?

What are the “must win” games in your opinion that we need to win to have a successful season in 2024? Florida and Bama in Neyland are the two games we really need to win to have a shot at the playoff I think we might can get in at 10-2 but def not 9-3.
I think the swing game of the season will be the Oklahoma game. I think we will know what to expect the rest of the season off that game. Be a massive road win if Tennessee can get it. I think it would go a long way towards making a lot of people feel better about Heupel on the road. Whether we like it or not that's become a thing

Reactions: DarkVolder
This is an interesting question, what will break the curse in your mind? I think it's more than a win here and there, we need to win 3-4 in a row I'd say to get that psychological hex they have over us finally put to bed.
Agree. Just beating UF doesn’t break the curse. For me we need a 5 game winning streak against them. If we get that then that may just lift the curse/

Reactions: DarkVolder
All of them are must wins till they’re not.

Florida though. You lose to a bad Florida team and the fans remember that.
Yep, especially 2014, one of the 💩yest Florida teams, up 9-0 and Harris comes in the rest was history, but we've lost to alot of 💩 ass Florida teams

This is an interesting question, what will break the curse in your mind? I think it's more than a win here and there, we need to win 3-4 in a row I'd say to get that psychological hex they have over us finally put to bed.
That and get some wins where we leave no doubt. Even when we do win it's ALWAYS a nail-biter to the end it seems! We haven't truly beaten their asses since 90.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Of the Power 4/5 opponents, I’d be pretty disappointed if we lost to any of NC State, Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas, Miss State or Vandy. We are better than all of them and significantly better than most of them.

VN Store

Back