Muschamp Replacement

No way Bob finally caves this late in his career.

And I laugh at the notion that UF won't at least peg Mullen's true interests. That article was rather comical.

Reactions: 1 person
No way Bob finally caves this late in his career.

And I laugh at the notion that UF won't at least peg Mullen's true interests. That article was rather comical.

Pat Dooley said from the start not to expect Mullen. Bad history there and he will try to bring Billy Gonzales with him. Now way that happen while Foley has a say.

This thread is really early considering that they won't need a new head coach until 2016

Foley isn't invincible and he knows it. He has to hire a coach that will win and win soon. He'll forego his ego to save his job. All the wins in the world by Billy Donovan won't save Foley from a crummy football team.

It'll be interesting to see who Florida will hire. In the past they haven't jumped on the big hire and have been hit and miss in doing so. Spurrier was a hit, Zook was a miss, Meyer was a hit and Muschamp was a miss.

They've never been a school to jump on a big hire so it'll be interesting to see who they pick this time around.

Foley isn't invincible and he knows it. He has to hire a coach that will win and win soon. He'll forego his ego to save his job. All the wins in the world by Billy Donovan won't save Foley from a crummy football team.

Foley is untouchable at this point. Guy has one yr until he retires. Yeah the they'll fire the best AD in history bc he won't hire Mullen. He passed him over before for reasons. This one yr of great success won't erase his history with Foley and boosters. The guy told boosters to go ***h themselves in Polk County. His OC was also out drinking with Carlos Dunlap the night of his DUI...yeah he getting the job. Lmao

Kiffin has a.better chance at the job.

Hell Muschamp has a better chance of being HC next yr.

Last edited:
His contract expires in 2015.

Been rumored for a while that once Bernie retired he would do the same.

New Prez may want his own guy.

If Foley makes the right hire, the new Pres wouldn't touch him. Only chance I see Foley leaving is if they botch Slive's replacement. He'll want to be part of whatever changes the new guy (aka Sankey) wants to bring in initiallly.

And I'm not saying he'll hire Mullen, but Mullen's agent will get a call to gauge actual interest.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I'm gonna enjoy this. Hiring any replacement is like a box of chocolates. You never know what Ya gonna get. I mean I thought Kiffin with his father would be a can't miss. I thought strong would be a godsend to Texas. Here's to hoping florida gets a box of sherbet and jelly filled chocolates for awhile so they can feel the pain we have felt for several years.

Who are the front runners and who is best for the Vols?

Maybe Muschamp will suggest Derek Dooley. Then we can finally end the streak...oh wait, forgot what happened the last time our current coach faced him. Never mind.

This. I would guess that would be best case scenario for them. In fact, now that you've mentioned it, I'm terrified.
A grand slam would be hiring him as HC and keeping Muschamp as DC.

Now watch that happen.

Yea this scenario would suck.

yaw yaw yaw yaw
yaww yaww
yawww yawww
Tebow

yaw yaw yaw yaw
yaww yaww
yawww yawww
wild boys

Ive spent the last 5 minutes horse laughing at those two posts.

The funny really hits when you put music to the words in your head and imagine ole Coach Yaw Yaw singing.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Stoops will be approached but he isn't leaving OU unless he's fired.

I'll take HG's word about Mullen, but I find it hard to believe interest isn't gauged.

Petrino has the buyout, so he's out.

RichRod seems like the obvious choice, but Foley rarely goes for the obvious choice.

Would he go after a Briles or a Patterson? Even so, I'm not sure how interested either would be to coach in the SEC. Given the talent in Florida and their already established ties to Texas, either could make it interesting on the recruiting trail. Both would have to adjust to a higher level of football on a week in, week out basis. Given a choice between the two, if I were an AD, I would lean more towards Patterson, but Foley might lean more towards a Briles as his best fb hires have been offensive minds while his worst have been defensive minds.

Whatever the case, UF is still an attractive job. With all the in-state talent, it's a hotbed for recruiting. But Foley really needs to get on the ball updating the facilities. I'm guessing gator football has to provide a pretty substantial windfall for the AD so he really needs to reinvest some of that money back into the program and update all the existing facilities, if not just build new ones all together. Sounds like he's gotten lazy with his job.

=Weezer;10736874]Stoops will be approached but he isn't leaving OU unless he's fired.

I'll take HG's word about Mullen, but I find it hard to believe interest isn't gauged.

Petrino has the buyout, so he's out.

RichRod seems like the obvious choice, but Foley rarely goes for the obvious choice.

Would he go after a Briles or a Patterson? Even so, I'm not sure how interested either would be to coach in the SEC. Given the talent in Florida and their already established ties to Texas, either could make it interesting on the recruiting trail. Both would have to adjust to a higher level of football on a week in, week out basis. Given a choice between the two, if I were an AD, I would lean more towards Patterson, but Foley might lean more towards a Briles as his best fb hires have been offensive minds while his worst have been defensive minds.

Whatever the case, UF is still an attractive job. With all the in-state talent, it's a hotbed for recruiting. But Foley really needs to get on the ball updating the facilities. I'm guessing gator football has to provide a pretty substantial windfall for the AD so he really needs to reinvest some of that money back into the program and update all the existing facilities, if not just build new ones all together. Sounds like he's gotten lazy with his job.[/QUOTE]

Patterson isnt leaving TCU, hes to far along in his career and the schedule would eat him alive. Sure he gets the most out of his kids but would he really be the wow hire UF needs to pull kids away from St and back to Florida?

Art practically built Baylor to what it is today. Why risk a flop when he has already proven he can win at a high level and Baylor is getting a top notch stadium.

Foley calls Harbaugh..... (sp?)

VN Store

Back