Murphy Brown 2.0

Magnum PI is coming back too. Will they give him a #metoo reboot to settle him down, maybe replace his .45 with a nice rape whistle?

One of my favorite shows of all time. So much so The avatar is the only reason I like tums because honestly he sux as a poster. 😚

I have low expectations for the reboot. Hars to imagine MPI with No Selleck, no Higgins, and no TC

One of my favorite shows of all time. So much so The avatar is the only reason I like tums because honestly he sux as a poster. 😚

I have low expectations for the reboot. Hars to imagine MPI with No Selleck, no Higgins, and no TC
Higgins will be a woman if that helps. Lol. And don’t worry there’s a Latinx writer on board.

The stereotype checklist stuff has to go through these days is amazing.

A) I was mostly pulling your chain.
B) some random thread a while back you asked basically the same question and I responded and we never followed up. I didn’t even do a “bump for...” post. You crushed me. Crushed I say I was so hurt.

I’m mostly just yanking your chain thus the 😬 appended. No true faux outrage here.

With the new format that should happen less often.

Starred Candice Bergden (sp?). Sit com about her life and career at a news station (?). She kinda became an anthem (unfairly, imo) for single women "having it all" without the need for a hubby/man.

Don’t think I ever watched it then.

Reactions: Septic
Murphy Brown's success was caused by the change in the dynamic of the role of women in our society, not the other way around. You can use it as an example, but honestly you can go back as far as Mary Tyler Moore to see the same thing.
I was thinking the same thing when I read it, but IIRC, Murphy got preggers, and THAT was the controversy because it was celebrated. I could be wrong though.

A Murphy Brown discussion? When did this place turn into grindr?

Actually, I was thinking it'd be a perfect place for you to have a thoughtful and unemotional debate on family values in today's evangelical world.

I'd like to see some stats regarding the "destruction of the nuclear family."
Obviously, the show wasn't THE single reason for the drop in two parent homes over the last 25 years, the show did help to push acceptance of this alternative family structure in the culture.

All I know is the beginning of the end for men was the bikini. Once women realized they could flaunt their T&A without being branded a hussy the fuse was lit..... The came the bra burning..... the equality in the workplace.... and etc...... and now you guys see where we're at.....

All I know is the beginning of the end for men was the bikini. Once women realized they could flaunt their T&A without being branded a hussy the fuse was lit..... The came the bra burning..... the equality in the workplace.... and etc...... and now you guys see where we're at.....
I hate to say this, but in a this one instance, the Islamists might have the correct approach.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
giphy.gif

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back