Mullen hires Larry Scott for TE coach

That would be true if they had great resumes before UT, and with the exception of Bob Shoop they didn’t. Larry Scott was let go at both his previous stops and Warren was a coach on a bad defense at UNC hardly the resumes of great coaches. There is a reason they were willing to join CBJs staff if you are being honest with yourself. Great coaches coach with other great coaches. Gillespie survived two head coaching changes, that speaks volumes for his ability
According to this you’re wrong
University of Tennessee Athletics

He actually greatly improved UNC pass defense and did very well there the defense played a significant role in them having the longest win streak in school history of 11 games. Seems he did alright at Nebraska too for the short time he was there

According to this you’re wrong
University of Tennessee Athletics

He actually greatly improved UNC pass defense and did very well there the defense played a significant role in them having the longest win streak in school history of 11 games. Seems he did alright at Nebraska too for the short time he was there

Total defense:
UT-79th 161/251 278 attempts
UNC-99th 223/213 363 attempts

UT-107th 228/231 390 attempts
UNC-70th 183/235 310 attempts

UT-45th 153/215 401 attempts
UNC-100th 194/216 417 attempts

You are being disingenuous when you are looking at defensive statistics if you are being honest with yourself. “Statistically” UT was 4th in pass defense in 2017 and that sounds great if you just pulled that stat out of nowhere. Teams didn’t need to pass on UT because they had one of the worst rush defenses in the nation. If you look at teams passing attempts per game against it was considerably lower than most teams. The same thing occurred at UNC in 2016. They had one of the statistically worst rush defenses in the nation therefore teams didn’t need to pass the ball which again led to fewer pass attempts per game. Statistically speaking the only year either team made great strides in defense meaning relatively high pass attempts per game and an overall better defense was 2015 for UT which was before Shoop or Warren arrived and Martinez is out of coaching. Would you have been excited had UF hired him?

I am glad we didn’t hire Shoop that’s for sure

Warren will have 2 promising young CBs to work with in CJ Henderson and Marco Wilson we’ll see how they develop

That would be true if they had great resumes before UT, and with the exception of Bob Shoop they didn’t. Larry Scott was let go at both his previous stops and Warren was a coach on a bad defense at UNC hardly the resumes of great coaches. There is a reason they were willing to join CBJs staff if you are being honest with yourself. Great coaches coach with other great coaches. Gillespie survived two head coaching changes, that speaks volumes for his ability

So based on your logic, neither Rocker or Rump should be viewed as good hires?

Mullen said after early signing period that UF would retake Tampa/Central Fla. Scott fits as a guy with strong ties to the area. Mac's biggest recruiting failure was losing the I-4 and Duval to rivals.

Last edited:

Mullen said after early signing period that UF would retake Tampa/Central Fla. Scott fits as a guy with strong ties to the area. Mac's biggest recruiting failure was losing the I-4 and Duval to rivals.
Rumph did such a horrible job recruiting DL at UF specifically defensive tackles I definitely wasn’t sad to see him go

If there was one position that should of been easy to recruit based on recent production of high draft picks and all conference selections it was DL but he landed one 4* DT in 3 years and it was Elijah Concliffe who was just barely high enough to be a 4*

If that made sense, it would be true but UF had a great defense last year and the last few years so no Rumph is a great hire. Rocker is a decent hire who in the past has been a few good defenses. Warren has never been on great defense with the exception of maybe his first year at Nebraska, year two they were worse. Since 2010, Scott has never been on a great offense, but if you compare Rocker/Rumph vs. Warren/Scott in terms of resumes it’s not close.

Warren
Nebraska 2014-44th
Nebraska 2015-66th
UNC 2016-70th
UT 2017-79th

Scott
USF 2010-93rd
USF 2011-45th
USF 2012-96th
UM 2013-46th
UM 2014-42nd
UM 2015-64th
UT 2016-41st
UT 2017-122nd

Rumph
CLEM 2010-18th
UA 2011-1st
UA 2012-2nd
UA 2013-4th
TEXAS 2014-25th
UF 2015-12th
UF 2016-6th
UF 2017-16th

Rocker
AU 2010-94th
NFL
NFL
NFL
UGA 2014-16th
UGA 2015-5th
UGA 2016-12th

Rumph did such a horrible job recruiting DL at UF specifically defensive tackles I definitely wasn’t sad to see him go

If there was one position that should of been easy to recruit based on recent production of high draft picks and all conference selections it was DL but he landed one 4* DT in 3 years and it was Elijah Concliffe who was just barely high enough to be a 4*

Except UF had a top 25 defense every year he was there not to mention his time at Alabama, I would rather have a good coach over a great recruiter any day

Except UF had a top 25 defense every year he was there not to mention his time at Alabama, I would rather have a good coach over a great recruiter any day

Except DL is one of the positions where you need elite talent esp in the SEC

He wouldn’t of been a good keep for UF

One 4* DT in 3 years in inexcusable

He does seem to be a solid coach tho

VN Store

Back