MSNBC poll...WOW

No one? Come on now.

No one with any legitimacy/credibility. Sure, there are extremes in every situation, but nothing I've seen (or believe) suggests anyone wants to take weapons used for self defense away from the average citizen.

No one with any legitimacy/credibility. Sure, there are extremes in every situation, but nothing I've seen (or believe) suggests anyone wants to take weapons used for self defense away from the average citizen.

NY, CT, CO just some places for you to start and look at recently enacted gun control measures.

Reactions: 1 person

Your hero, Bernie Sanders, told Chuck Todd on "Meet the Press" that he would ban all guns not used exclusively for hunting. That means he would ban weapons used for self-defense.

Bernie Sanders Defends His Record On Guns

granted, that could be an extreme interpretation of what he said, but what else could he have meant?

Reactions: 3 people
Your hero, Bernie Sanders, told Chuck Todd on "Meet the Press" that he would ban all guns not used exclusively for hunting. That means he would ban weapons used for self-defense.

granted, that could be an extreme interpretation of what he said, but what else could he have meant?

oh no no no, he's only talking about guns that are used for killing people, not the ones made exclusively for animals.

I think he did a poor job of wording what he meant, but I assume he means things like AK's and those types of weapons - which, I would argue, is excessive if you only want a gun for "defense."

I think he did a poor job of wording what he meant, but I assume he means things like AK's and those types of weapons - which, I would argue, is excessive if you only want a gun for "defense."

Then where is his clarification?

Maybe you should Google liberal politicians quotes on guns, then say sorry for this post. Several, don't want us to be able to defend ourselves. Besides, if we don't have guns the bad guy will lay down their weapons cause its just human nature!

They are great guns for self defense.

Why all the caveats all of a sudden? (And for the record, if they are rights given in our constitution, then they don't go through you or Bernie. They are ours independent on what government employees think.)

If you were to give me only one type of weapon with which to defend myself it would be an AR/AK type carbine.

Now mind you this isn't "practical" for the vast majority of public carry scenarios but unless you're going to caveat your "gun for defense" criteria then yes...those are EXACTLY the type weapons I'd want in my hands in an open ended defense scenario.

I guess the theory behind open carry is that it's a deterrent. I suppose it is sometimes. I mean, it stands to reason. But is it not also the case that it's general douchbaggery to open carry, and in the wrong circumstances it would create more of a chance for confrontation, not less ? I'm thinking taking preemptive shots if you thought open carry boy was about to do something stupid.

i wanna build a ar-10 or sr-25. I think the sr-25 lowers were banned though, any one know?

No, SR-25 lowers aren't banned by any means. Although I don't think they have ever been available commercially as anything but a complete rifle. And Knights puts out some great stuff although way, way, way out of my price range.

If you want to build an AR-10 platform, I can give some recommendations in the gun owners thread if you'd like.

Apologies for not responding sooner, I thought this would be another LG gripe thread.

Last edited:
If you were to give me only one type of weapon with which to defend myself it would be an AR/AK type carbine.

Now mind you this isn't "practical" for the vast majority of public carry scenarios but unless you're going to caveat your "gun for defense" criteria then yes...those are EXACTLY the type weapons I'd want in my hands in an open ended defense scenario.

I'd want a 1911. I mean, it will not only kill you from a near miss, but suck your soul into the 19th Dimension and make your grandmother feel it.

And if you run out of ammo, it would be equal to hitting someone with an anvil.

I guess the theory behind open carry is that it's a deterrent. I suppose it is sometimes. I mean, it stands to reason. But is it not also the case that it's general douchbaggery to open carry, and in the wrong circumstances it would create more of a chance for confrontation, not less ? I'm thinking taking preemptive shots if you thought open carry boy was about to do something stupid.

Frankly I'm mostly opposed to open carry in that I don't like the idea of a bad guy reasoning I might be the first guy that needs taking out.

For my purposes the best part about OC laws is that I don't have to be legally paranoid if someone becomes aware of me carrying, no worries about flashing or printing or what have you.

And for the record I understand why some might be OCing in a Chilis (or wherever) but think it's misguided and tends to do more harm than good.

pix469595276.jpg

I can see how one would need this for self defense.

Frankly I'm mostly opposed to open carry in that I don't like the idea of a bad guy reasoning I might be the first guy that needs taking out.

For my purposes the best part about OC laws is that I don't have to be legally paranoid if someone becomes aware of me carrying, no worries about flashing or printing or what have you.

And for the record I understand why some might be OCing in a Chilis (or wherever) but think it's misguided and tends to do more harm than good.

I always keep mine concealed. The only time I carry in the holster is while im fishing.

lulz

An exceptional rifle can be completed with very minimal expense and parts.

I don't think the words "Knights Armament" and "minimal expense" have ever collided in the same universe.

Of course, you'll have chowderheads putting sub par barrels, BCGs and other Tapco catalog crap and calling it a "Knights SR-25."

lulz

I don't think the words "Knights Armament" and "minimal expense" have ever collided in the same universe.

Of course, you'll have chowderheads putting sub par barrels, BCGs and other Tapco catalog crap and calling it a "Knights SR-25."

Lol exactly

I'd want a 1911. I mean, it will not only kill you from a near miss, but suck your soul into the 19th Dimension and make your grandmother feel it.

And if you run out of ammo, it would be equal to hitting someone with an anvil.

19th Dimension is too good for anyone I'd be willing to shoot.

Actually I love a good 1911. Triggers are just better and I like that a LOT. Still, if I'm really in vertically expansive feces I'm going with a BCM carbine and a nice big magazine full of 75gr OTM rounds.

VN Store

Back