Mr. SEC on NCAA chances

Got it, misunderstood what you were getting at for a moment.

Just going by this year's bubble, I'd say that Tennessee needs an RPI of 50 or lower to be on the inside and into the First Four. The selection committee is unpredictable, though.

As nerve racking as it is, give it til Monday next week and the picture will be much clearer.

Says that we have no chance outside of winning the SEC Tourney
Homepage | MrSEC

Not saying the word of an online article is final, obviously many people (including Counzo) disagree, but I think it is important to realize that there is a chance we close well, 5-1 or 6-0, and are still a bubble team at best.

Discuss...

The fact that this is from John Pennington is enough for me to just ignore it in general. I really don't understand how he gets paid to talk about sports.

The fact that this is from John Pennington is enough for me to just ignore it in general. I really don't understand how he gets paid to talk about sports.

There's quite a few of them out there that I scratch my head and wonder if they ever have even watched a game before they landed the job.

Just keep winning and the rest will fall into place. That's how I look at it. I think it's weird to say this, but I like our chances better if we don't have a bye in the first round of the SEC tourney..

Just keep winning and the rest will fall into place. That's how I look at it. I think it's weird to say this, but I like our chances better if we don't have a bye in the first round of the SEC tourney..

While an extra game might be nice, for any of this to matter UT would need to finish at least 10-6 in conference. If you don't get a bye with that record then you are going to be playing either SoCar or UGA in the first round (as a 5 or 6 seed).. Playing either of those teams might actually hurt UT's RPI more than just one more in the win column would help. My hopes is at least 10-6 and a 2nd place finish (on tiebreakers). Then see what happens.

Homepage | MrSEC

Not saying the word of an online article is final, obviously many people (including Counzo) disagree, but I think it is important to realize that there is a chance we close well, 5-1 or 6-0, and are still a bubble team at best.Discuss...

I've been saying this and I am afraid it is true. We will need to win the SEC tournament or else it is NIT at best.

I believe mr. sec is a bit "bi-assed" :yes:

He has a program on WATE on Sunday morning during Football season. I do not know if the program is on during basketball season. He is negatron like Adams and Hyams. Don't believe much of what he says.

He has a program on WATE on Sunday morning during Football season. I do not know if the program is on during basketball season. He is negatron like Adams and Hyams. Don't believe much of what he says.

The only decent thing about that show during basketball season is Don DeVoe is on there and they rarely let him get more than two words in edgewise. Pennington is just a smarmy pain in the backside. He gets paid to talk about sports, but you can tell by listening to him that he doesn't really like sports, at least not SEC sports.

Homepage | MrSEC

Not saying the word of an online article is final, obviously many people (including Counzo) disagree, but I think it is important to realize that there is a chance we close well, 5-1 or 6-0, and are still a bubble team at best.

Discuss...

I hope Mr. SEC is on the court wearing red and white tonight.

VN Store

Back