Movies you've seen recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers - Brought back memories of the old cartoons.

I am Legend - Just kind of ended. It was okay

OE, the monster isn't a half-whale type thing... :p Read the description over at AICN. I'm still on the fence, it could be really cool, but it has the potential to be a terrible film as well.

I watched The Heartbreak Kid, and it had its funny parts but it isn't half as good as Something about Mary.

The Bourne Ultimatum awaits.. and I am excited

Just saw the second National Treasure movie. No better or worse than the first one and Abigail is an absolute babe.

The Bourne Ultimatum was all kinds of goodliness
my only question is what unknown CIA organization is he going to remember he is part of for the next one? I mean come on, first treadstone and now this new one....good film, typical Bourne stuff.

3:10 to Yuma - good
Heartbreak Kid - decent
Joshua - bad (very slow)

Also, Talk to Me w/ Don Cheadle is a good one. Surprised me.

Sorry milo, but Shoot'em Up was one of the worst movies I have seen in awhile (by awhile I mean a decade).

Haven't seen a new movie in awhile b/c I just got a HD projector and trust me there is no reason to ever go to the big screen again (especially with Blu Ray). Not to mention UT games are unreal on it. The only reason I bring it up is b/c I would recommend a HD projector (120" screen) to anyone over a plasma or LCD TV and for half the price.

all three movies are great. I'm reading the books right now, which won't give you any better understanding of the movies.

Agreed- Borne is the anti-Bond.

The main question I had after watch this film is the truth behind the past relationship they hinted at between Borne and the character played by Julia Styles. They left us in the dark concerning that.

I'm a little over halfway through the second book and thus far there hasn't been a single mention of the Nicky Parsons character. In the second book, David Webb and Marie (a former Canadian diplomat, not stranded German tourist) are married, living in Maine where David is a university professor. He's recruited back after "Jason Bourne" takes credit for assassinations in Hong Kong. "Recruitment" involves kidnapping Marie and making David think that the assassin's (Carlos the Jackal) people have her, when in reality Marie is the "guest" of a very shady operation involving CIA, MI5 and the US state department trying to smoke out Carlos once again (Jason Bourne's original purpose was to kill Carlos).

ok, that's enough of that...

Pamela Landy and Noah Vosen haven't appeared either and none are likely to. The movies are a very modern twist on a story that began during the Vietnam War.

edit: Alexander Conklin (Chris Cooper) is alive and well in the second book. He'd become something of an alcoholic after being disgraced by the revelations of Treadstone and Medusa, but he was still in the CIA. David sobers him up and enlists his help, albeit at gunpoint.

I'm a little over halfway through the second book and thus far there hasn't been a single mention of the Nicky Parsons character. In the second book, David Webb and Marie (a former Canadian diplomat, not stranded German tourist) are married, living in Maine where David is a university professor. He's recruited back after "Jason Bourne" takes credit for assassinations in Hong Kong. "Recruitment" involves kidnapping Marie and making David think that the assassin's (Carlos the Jackal) people have her, when in reality Marie is the "guest" of a very shady operation involving CIA, MI5 and the US state department trying to smoke out Carlos once again (Jason Bourne's original purpose was to kill Carlos).

ok, that's enough of that...

Pamela Landy and Noah Vosen haven't appeared either and none are likely to. The movies are a very modern twist on a story that began during the Vietnam War.

edit: Alexander Conklin (Chris Cooper) is alive and well in the second book. He'd become something of an alcoholic after being disgraced by the revelations of Treadstone and Medusa, but he was still in the CIA. David sobers him up and enlists his help, albeit at gunpoint.
i've read two of the books, and they are "vastly" different than the movies, with point one being that Conklin is a main character in the books i've read, though the first movie has him off'd and out of the story.

one book i read though is after he's gotten his memory back and is, like you said, back to being david webb as the professor, has a wife and kid, not Marie or Nicky Parsons....the Bourne Legacy, i think was the book......anyway, either way, the movies are great. i actually watched ultimatum last night and was thoroughly entertained. i like the fact they left the Nicky/Jason past relation ship in the dark. I could see them going down the path of an "identity" remake if they had pursued it any further than they did.

i also recently saw Blood Diomand....was very surprised at it, very good movie. i may have mentioned this already......can't remember and don't feel like reading back thru the thread to find out.:)

i also recently saw Blood Diomand....was very surprised at it, very good movie. i may have mentioned this already......can't remember and don't feel like reading back thru the thread to find out.:)

That is a good movie. Di Caprio is a great actor.

i must admit, while i have liked most of the movies he's been in, i think his performance in that one was the most surprising as to the quality of his performance.

i've read two of the books, and they are "vastly" different than the movies, with point one being that Conklin is a main character in the books i've read, though the first movie has him off'd and out of the story.

one book i read though is after he's gotten his memory back and is, like you said, back to being david webb as the professor, has a wife and kid, not Marie or Nicky Parsons....the Bourne Legacy, i think was the book......anyway, either way, the movies are great. i actually watched ultimatum last night and was thoroughly entertained. i like the fact they left the Nicky/Jason past relation ship in the dark. I could see them going down the path of an "identity" remake if they had pursued it any further than they did.
the books are vastly different and more vastly better. The movies don't even begin to deal with the chameleon nature of Bourne nor do they highlight the level of his skill very well.

Carlos the Jackal is the reason Bourne exists in the books and the books, after the first, are about the ultimate showdown between the two.

oh, i like the movies just fine, but the movies are more about 1 part of the story as a whole, the identiy part, which is fine. i think the movies did a good job of making that storyline work.

but you are correct the books offer a whole different perspective, are they better or worse, i'd just say different.

the cool thing is, at least for me, is you already have some character identification, so you can read the books and just get new stories, albeit much different story lines, about a character you are already familiar with.

Just saw the second National Treasure movie. No better or worse than the first one and Abigail is an absolute babe.

I personally thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The first one was fairly far fetched, but this one doesn't even try to cling to any kind of historical reality. Also, there aren't really any interesting mysteries that they solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back