Movies you've seen recently II

I thought Venom was pretty good. I can see why critics might be down on it, but I can also see why it scores so well with audiences. If you don’t nitpick at everything then it’s an enjoyable movie.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Eighth Grade 8/10 First feature from comedic genius Bo Burnham. Perfect casting it is cringe inducing and so very real. I am glad I did not have to grow up in today's social media world.

Introduced the granddaughter to “The Goonies”. She wasn’t impressed. Frankly, neither was I. It’s not aging well.

2/10

Bad Times at El Royale...6/10 stylish with great characters but felt like a Hateful Eight ripoff. Its over two hours and feels like it, very deliberately paced. Would wait till it hits VOD.

Bad Times at El Royale............6/10 also......save your cash and wait for DVD.
PS: Good Previews and some good movies coming out this fall/winter

Halloween 2018: 7/10
It was a fun watch. Lots of nods to the original. I would put it as my second favorite of the series only behind the original.

Introduced the granddaughter to “The Goonies”. She wasn’t impressed. Frankly, neither was I. It’s not aging well.

2/10

Me and my boys (13 and 11) watched Gremlins this weekend. They were not impressed with it either. I might have talked it up too much but it was not nearly as good as I remembered it being. Modern CGI has ruined some of the older movies for me.

*I hadn't saw it in 20 years or more.

The Sisters Brothers..

8 outta 10.

I had not know of this movies existence, which is a very rare thing. Totally surprising.

Joaquin Phoenix and John C.Reilly

A very Original Western. Playing Now.

Reactions: bignewt
The Sisters Brothers..

8 outta 10.

I had not know of this movies existence, which is a very rare thing. Totally surprising.

Joaquin Phoenix and John C.Reilly

A very Original Western. Playing Now.

I read the book last year, right after I head that Reilly bought the rights. I'm very excited to see it.

Jonah Hill was getting interviewed for his new movie (Mid90s) on the Ringer and he made a pretty interesting point. He contrasted today's audiences with those of the 80's and 90's, pointing out that back in the day, if you were a serious actor or artist and did a commercial or other paid promotions, then you were a sell out and you were totally endangering your career. Millennial audiences think it's cool when Jon Hamm lands a Mercedes commercial.

The benefit is that people like Jonah Hill can sell out and do paid promotion so that they don't have to look to their film careers as their meal ticket. Jonah Hill can devote 4 years to making Mid90s, because he can make all kinds of quick bucks "selling out". You don't have to do POS money-grab films to pay the bills anymore.

Arizona...9/10

I really don't even know how to categorize this movie..I guess it is supposed to fit in the dark comedy genre, but it is not funny to me at all. I started to realize as I was watching it that what was unnerving about it to me, is that I could see something ridiculous and insane like this actually happening in this day and age. It felt a little too real and possible.

Reactions: bignewt

VN Store

Back