Movies you've seen recently II

You heard of/checked out a new flick called Mandy? Supposedly Nic Cage gets his fastball back in this one.

Three Identical Strangers. 8.75/10. Good film/doc with some damn weird twists.

The Bad Batch 5.15/10. Okay but doesn't rise above the usual dystopian film. Momoa being Momoa. Suki Waterhouse continues to get work.

Enter the Void. 7.45/10. Gasper Noe creates weird realities.

Not yet, it's on my Joe list though.

Solo...8/10
It's rare that I go in thinking I will hate something, and end up really enjoying the heck out of it. This movie is what SWs was to me as a kid..pure swashbuckling escapist adventure. If Aldo was just a little taller, and thinner he really would have been perfect. Dude is a midget, but he did a prdttty good job being Han-ish.

Emilia Clarke...mmmm 😏
Came here to pretty much say the same thing. I was expecting to dislike it, probably because TLJ left a bad taste in my mouth, and Danny Glover's "pansexual comments" about Lando gave me the impression it would just be a SJW evangelical sermon, but this was a great, thoroughly enjoyable movie. The actor playing Hans, who I was skeptical about at first, did a great job following on Ford's footsteps. They do need to get him some platform shoes or something to make him taller. lol

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Came here to pretty much say the same thing. I was expecting to dislike it, probably because TLJ left a bad taste in my mouth, and Danny Glover's "pansexual comments" about Lando gave me the impression it would just be a SJW evangelical sermon, but this was a great, thoroughly enjoyable movie. The actor playing Hans, who I was skeptical about at first, did a great job following on Ford's footsteps. They do need to get him some platform shoes or something to make him taller. lol
Aldo really did a good job of being Han-ish...if he just wasn't so dang short. I don't get how in Tom Cruise movies, who is also very short, they manage to make him not appear so small, but they somehow couldn't pull it off with Aldo.

Last edited:
Aldo really did a good job of being Han-ish...if he just wasn't so dang short. I don't get how in Tom Cruise movies, who is also very short, they manage to make him not appear so small, but they somehow couldn't pull it off with Aldo.

Standing next to Chewbacca makes it tough.

Bad showing for a decent movie. Really bad marketing on Disney’s part.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Netflix just added Empire Records so we watched it last night...my favorite movie ever. Don't know why but it just amuses the crap out of me. Always has.

Watched Deadpool 2 and Jurassic World last night. DP2 was friggin awesome but still liked the 1st one better. JW was eh...but at least entertaining.

Hereditary 8.5/10 Not really as scary as it has been hyped but creepy as hell and very well done. The third act is straight up bonkers. I still have some unanswered questions but thats a good thing.

antman and wasp, 6/10. mindless entertainment.

the meg, see above.

Mission impossible: fallout....continues the tradition of just a good action movie. some of it is over the top of course, but i enjoyed it.

hotel artemis....i liked it, but i think i would have enjoyed more backstory. you're just thrown in the middle of this situation...and go.

Solo...actually really liked it. Has its issues but overall quite enjoyable. Loved Lando. I liked Han as an actor but just didn't think he was the right actor for the spot. Still did well though.

VN Store

Back