Mountaineer fan here!

Welcome. PS please give North Carolina their mountains back and while you are at it give that little river back to Virginia. Thanks.

Just looked at a couple WVU forums. Fans over there are delusional. Guys saying they predict WVU to beat us 77-10 or 55-17.
Yeah I seen where one poster predicts they score at least 50 before the half and the backup QB plays the whole 4th qtr if not more. This game reminds me of what NC State was saying back in the Dooley era with that tall QB they had and lockdown corner.

Hey y’all- another WVU fan here just stopping in to say hello! Really looking forward to the game. Best of luck this year (after Sept.1). Looking forward to seeing how Pruitt does for yall this year. When we played Bama in 14 in Atlanta we stopped in Knoxville on the way back. Y’all were Utah State that night. We walked around for a bit and enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was nice even with us in our WVU gear!

Did y'all check out some tailgating?
I seem to remember some WVU folks coming thru our tailgate area.

As the season draws nearer (is it nearer, or more near?), I'm truly beginning to think -- we will Wax more eloquently under the leadership of Coach Pruitt, than the former coach.

Go Vols !
Near is one syllable, so nearer. But, it’s English, there’s at least one exception to every rule!

I wanted to drop in and say hello and looking forward to the game in three weeks. We travel to TN often and this is a great matchup for me because the Vols are my second favorite team (hope you guys goes 11-1).

Anyways, I expect more Mountaineers hoping over and posting soon so we will all have some fun times ahead. Should be a good game, much respect to Tenn. Every program goes through hard times and I really expect Tennessee has finally found their man.
Clive that KS for stopping in and for the info. Looking forward to a good hard fought game IMHO o think it will be if our d can step up a couple times in the fourth. For the game . I spent a week a year in West Virginia deer hunting we stayed at this older lady's home . She was a widow And the sweetist women I ever met . She always looked forward to us coming ...... Good memories in that state

Hey y’all- another WVU fan here just stopping in to say hello! Really looking forward to the game. Best of luck this year (after Sept.1). Looking forward to seeing how Pruitt does for yall this year. When we played Bama in 14 in Atlanta we stopped in Knoxville on the way back. Y’all were Utah State that night. We walked around for a bit and enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was nice even with us in our WVU gear!
Welcome. Stick around

Should be a good matchup for both teams. If WV has shored up their defense then we may be in trouble. I am hopeful that we may actually see some player development with CJP’s new staff. It will come together just a question of when. GBO and welcome to VN.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Every fanbase has those, including ours
Yeah I seen where one poster predicts they score at least 50 before the half and the backup QB plays the whole 4th qtr if not more. This game reminds me of what NC State was saying back in the Dooley era with that tall QB they had and lockdown corner.
Absolutely agree that every fan base has those fans, but for the most part there has been more realism here in VN. I haven’t seen many Vols anticipating a blowout 77-17. @MDVols I saw that same thread. That poster had WV up 49-7 or something at the half.

I wanted to drop in and say hello and looking forward to the game in three weeks. We travel to TN often and this is a great matchup for me because the Vols are my second favorite team (hope you guys goes 11-1).

Anyways, I expect more Mountaineers hoping over and posting soon so we will all have some fun times ahead. Should be a good game, much respect to Tenn. Every program goes through hard times and I really expect Tennessee has finally found their man.
Welcome friend! I pastored a church in Kenna, WV for a few years. Great people there.

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to a great game.

Last year, our D was a weakness. It was partially due to injuries but also that the D was on the field too much. We scored too fast or went 3 and out, especially after Grier got hurt. I do think the offense will be explosive but will feature some better ball control to help the D rest some. Our O Line is big and experienced.

We got two grad transfers on the D Line, one from Clemson and the other from USC. Both big guys that should shore up the line. I expect it to be much better (and bigger) than last year and we have a freshman that is turning heads in practice. Our starting LBs are good, David Long is the one to watch for here. He will be in the backfield all day against everyone we play. But depth is a big question at LB. The secondary is my personal unknown. I’ve heard good things from practice and we have back some good talent and more experience but until I see it on the field, I won’t know.

Hope that answers some questions. Should be a dogfight, lots of fans excited and both teams jacked up and hungry for an opening win.

Hey, y’all know more than we do. Our QB battle seems to be winding down, but we don’t know anything for sure. The RB-by-committee approach seems to be the theme from practice. WRs, which we thought would be a real strength, have cinder blocks for hands. Our best two OL are working their way back from injuries or illness. We have a lot of bodies (including some very big ones), but we don’t know which 5 will make it onto the field.

Defense is also a mystery. DL has experience, but no depth. LB is the strength of the team, but with so many position moves, it is a learning process for many guys. I have a feeling the secondary will suck less, especially with GREAT depth at safety (Warrior, Abernathy, Kelly) and basically three DB coaches (Fair, Kelly, and Pruitt).

Be thankful you know anything.

Last edited:
Exactly! Look at this GIF and notice they are losing to Baylor who won 1 game last year over Kansas. WVU wins this game 38-36. OMG we should really be scared about this football powerhouse!

wvudance.0.gif
I am about 100 % sure that is not from last year.

What VolForLife83 said. Ignore the uncivilized among us and have fun with those who know how to engage in good nature fan-to-fan exchanges. Me thinks a Vols fan should have a bit of love for a school that also features a buckskin clad frontierman. Keep your gun cleaned and your powder dry.

I agree with you, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Since WVU stole our mascot they really must be closet Tennessee fans! Lol

Welcome, like WV most posters on this board are good. I have spents lots of time in WV and have been treated well by most.

Here's my question, when WV fires Holgerson, what are the odds rich rod comes back?lol

I grew up in WV and have always been a Mountaineer fan. They have a history of turning the ball over, especially under Dana. I expect more of the same. If we win the turnover battle, UT should win.

Absolutely agree that every fan base has those fans, but for the most part there has been more realism here in VN. I haven’t seen many Vols anticipating a blowout 77-17. @MDVols I saw that same thread. That poster had WV up 49-7 or something at the half.
Yeah then I think the same guy said our schedule was weak because of South Carolina, Kentucky, and Vandy and said we had a weak OOC schedule, which includes them. Kinda funnny.

Yeah then I think the same guy said our schedule was weak because of South Carolina, Kentucky, and Vandy and said we had a weak OOC schedule, which includes them. Kinda funnny.
What was also funny is the guy who said we do not play UF, UGA, and Bama every year because of screwed up SEC scheduling. He was also alluding to the fact that we do not have a difficult schedule every year.

Not Scott Depot, but about 25 miles from there. Small world for sure.

I'm just up the road in Mineral Wells. Heading down to the game with several friends, all wvu fans. Looking forward to it. Doubt we'll pull out the W, but I expect it to be a much closer game than folks up here expect.

Reactions: shotgun83
What was also funny is the guy who said we do not play UF, UGA, and Bama every year because of screwed up SEC scheduling. He was also alluding to the fact that we do not have a difficult schedule every year.

Can you post a screenshot of replies to this guy?? I can only imagine he got ripped.

VN Store

Back