Motorcycle Thread! Post Pics, Have Discussion

That is a sick bike tho yank. I would have shed a tear parting with that one. Hell I had tears when I sold mine. Knew I'd never have another.

Damn. I've been lucky and never had an accident. Though I did go over the handle bars at low speed trying to drive on a dirt (sand) road.

I never actually ride the litter bike that crazy. I did 183 on my GSXR 750 when I was young and stupid.

Oh I'll have another. The wife actually wants me to get one haha

So I've been looking for a while. Want a small and small displacement bike for bopping around town. If I decide to do more riding than that I'll move up in size and displacement. I've considered:
Honda Grom
Honda CB300F
Yamaha SR400
Suzuki TU250x

Each has something keeping me from pulling the trigger. Was close on the Grom but it's a bit too small. Would be a fun second bike but probably not a primary.

Really like the SR400 but it's a lot of money for what it is and it's kickstart only where you have to line up to top dead center, pull a compression release then kick to start. I don't mind a kickstarter but the extra steps seem like it would be a PITA.

Now I'm looking at this - Suzuki RV200 (VanVan 200). Like a Yamaha TW200 but a bit more street oriented and better looking IMHO. Reminds me of some bikes I used to ride (except for the big fat tires).

Might grab one this week.

e876f8_82ac2fc6c41e4cf29d0ea87c33bebdbc~mv2_d_6000_4000_s_4_2.jpg

What about a 300?

Or a 600? I'll give ya a heck of a deal on the Ninja :)

Are you buying new or used
I'd lean toward used so you don't take a big hit on depreciation

I check the classifieds everyday. Everything is a sport bike or Harley/cruiser.

Not to go all Toshiba laptop on everyone's advice but I just want a small standard motorcycle. They are making a comeback but not much on the used market yet.

Almost bought an old CB200T (70s) that was restored but the aftermarket pipes were crazy loud. OEM pipes aren't available.

I check the classifieds everyday. Everything is a sport bike or Harley/cruiser.

Not to go all Toshiba laptop on everyone's advice but I just want a small standard motorcycle. They are making a comeback but not much on the used market yet.

Almost bought an old CB200T (70s) that was restored but the aftermarket pipes were crazy loud. OEM pipes aren't available.

Aftermarket baffles are available to quite the aftermarket pipes.

I've been looking vintage. Is that a CT?

People want some crazy prices for some vintage stuff.

Vintage '60s pre-AMF Harley Davidson 250cc Sprint. I've seen examples for sale from ~road worthy @$600-$800 to good condition @ $1300 - $2000s to show room pristine @ just under $8 grand.

In '61, a joint venture between HD and Aermacchi of Italy (an aircraft manufacturer) produced the 250cc Sprint. The Sprint sold surprisingly well in the US market.

During the early AMF years ('69 - '72), before their influence produced "crap bikes," a 350cc version of the Sprint was produced (SS 350cc) based upon the four-stroke single-cylinder Italian design.

Vintage '60s pre-AMF Harley Davidson 250cc Sprint. I've seen examples for sale from ~road worthy @$600-$800 to good condition @ $1300 - $2000s to show room pristine @ just under $8 grand.

In '61, a joint venture between HD and Aermacchi of Italy (an aircraft manufacturer) produced the 250cc Sprint. The Sprint sold surprisingly well in the US market.

During the early AMF years ('69 - '72), before their influence produced "crap bikes," a 350cc version of the Sprint was produced (SS 350cc) based upon the four-stroke single-cylinder Italian design.

cool.

Looks like the Honda CT90s/110s.

Honda? The 305 Superhawk would rev to ~10k rpm. We'd be screamin', Shift! Shift! I remember the red ones, best.
305-Superhawk-1.jpg

Honda? The 305 Superhawk would rev to ~10k rpm. We'd be screamin', Shift! Shift! I remember the red ones, best.
305-Superhawk-1.jpg

I'm a 70s man myself. Had a CB550Four Supersport as my street bike. The rest were enduro/street and trail style (Honda XL100, Yamaha DT 125, Suzuki TS400).

Here's what my DT125 looked like

00q0q_e0gBphjB5UA_600x450.jpg

Nice Honda Scrambler for sale but too dang much money at $4200.

00505_ieqF64UUPjG_1200x900.jpg

That wreck on I-40 W a couple days ago is getting really weird. 2 guys killed on 1 bike that hit a semi at 3:30am. Appears that there were 3 together, 2 riding 1 stolen bike and a 3rd guy on another stolen bike. Had already wrecked/ditched another which is why there were 2 guys on one bike. Thefts were from a Honda dealership.

They weren't wearing helmets. The 3rd guy fled, but ran over one of the 2 that were killed. They must have been ripped to pieces... declared dead at the scene instead of at a hospital (Parkwest ER was a couple minutes away).

The guy driving that was killed had killed one of his neighbors in Dec 2010. He was a juvenile and was racing up and down the street (W Knox county) on a dirt bike. Victim was tired of it and tried to stop him... was run down by the kid. He was never charged with killing the guy.

Police now know who the 3rd thief is and should be arresting him soon.

Bizarre chain of events.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2016/10/12/kpd-releases-ids-2-killed-stolen-motorcycle/91943200/

http://wate.com/2016/10/10/2-dead-in-motorcycle-tractor-trailer-accident-in-west-knoxville/

Last edited:
wow....how's he kill someone and never face charges

He was a juvenile. Must not have been enough evidence for manslaughter charges. Then gets killed on a stolen $16,000 bike. Maybe if he was held accountable as a juvenile delinquent he would have learned a lesson and be alive today.

VN Store

Back