Motorcycle Thread! Post Pics, Have Discussion

[youtube]http://youtu.be/nnXMx__wlJU[/youtube]

Anyone ever watched any of this guy named Ghostrider? (Not the movie) He's supposedly ex-racer and part of the Swedish wheelie team. His Hayabusa is turbo charged generating 499HP. In the video he makes a 42 mile run in just 15 minutes.

He has alot of videos out that shows him mocking the police and hitting over 200mph when he starts to wheelie. And the bike, well it sounds freakin delicious.

There is nothing more fun in my opinion, i am too old now and have kids. I used to ride this way at times, though for maybe 5 or 10 minites at a time...not 15 and not everyday or I would be dead. Had 2 bad accidents, nearly died in both..spent a few days in a coma and 18 months without walking. Had to stop.

The adrenaline at 160 mph weaving thru traffic on the interstate, on 1 wheel or 2, is incredible, and addictive. If you watch the video above, and have done that, you know that at that speed you dont even have a full field of vision thru the windshield, you have to focus on a little square towards the top center of your field of view, nowhere near where you currently are, its about a quarter mile ahead of you. Thats where you are looking for cars changing lanes, roadkill, anything that can kill you. The stuff between that point and you has already been processed mentally and you have changed lanes or your line to avoid it, or not, and you really cant react fast enough to avoid anything closer than that...you are basically depending on the fact that you are going 3x as fast as anyone around you to minimize the chances of someone coming over into you from the side in the nano second your body and bike is beside their vehicle. Tires barely seem to touch the ground at that speed, you seem weightless like a low flying aircraft rather than a bike. I have left the geound completely many times from a bump in the road going over a bridge. The adrenaline is overpowering, and ypur senses are hyper acute. I dont claim to be as crazy, or have had a machine comparable to this guys 400hp monster...I cant imagine that much power. My CBR had about a third of that, but at 400lbs dry, thats the same hp as a 2500lb honda civic or toyota corolla. 250,000 dollar supercars will get left by a 10,000 dollar motorcycle.

If that guy continues to ride that way on the street, he will sadly be dead. I have a wife and 2 kids now, no bike. If i ever get terminal cancer, or just lose everything that matters to me and dont care anymore, i will get a deathwish machine like that and resume the adrenaline rush. There may be some experiences like it, maybe skydiving etc..i have never ever been able to duplicate it from any other source though. It was fun while it lasted, but comas and traction suck.lol.

Edit..i just watched the whole thing. Note how many times all lanes are full and he takes either the right or left SHOULDER at 120 to 175 mph. I have done this many times, stopped my run nearly every time. All it takes, here in the US, is a piece of debris. A tire retread, a spring, a shock, a shovel, a ladder, a dead cat, it doesnt matter. A single piece of debris hits your front tire, and its cutting flips tail over head until the bike stops. I have done that. Hit an opossum laid down in a curve at about only 80mph...that was the end of CBR NUMBER 1. This guy does it over, and over, and over...they must keep the shoulders very very clean in sweden. Surely those arent bicycle lanes on the interstate.

Last edited:
There is nothing more fun in my opinion, i am too old now and have kids. I used to ride this way at times, though for maybe 5 or 10 minites at a time...not 15 and not everyday or I would be dead. Had 2 bad accidents, nearly died in both..spent a few days in a coma and 18 months without walking. Had to stop.

The adrenaline at 160 mph weaving thru traffic on the interstate, on 1 wheel or 2, is incredible, and addictive. If you watch the video above, and have done that, you know that at that speed you dont even have a full field of vision thru the windshield, you have to focus on a little square towards the top center of your field of view, nowhere near where you currently are, its about a quarter mile ahead of you. Thats where you are looking for cars changing lanes, roadkill, anything that can kill you. The stuff between that point and you has already been processed mentally and you have changed lanes or your line to avoid it, or not, and you really cant react fast enough to avoid anything closer than that...you are basically depending on the fact that you are going 3x as fast as anyone around you to minimize the chances of someone coming over into you from the side in the nano second your body and bike is beside their vehicle. Tires barely seem to touch the ground at that speed, you seem weightless like a low flying aircraft rather than a bike. I have left the geound completely many times from a bump in the road going over a bridge. The adrenaline is overpowering, and ypur senses are hyper acute. I dont claim to be as crazy, or have had a machine comparable to this guys 400hp monster...I cant imagine that much power. My CBR had about a third of that, but at 400lbs dry, thats the same hp as a 2500lb honda civic or toyota corolla. 250,000 dollar supercars will get left by a 10,000 dollar motorcycle.

If that guy continues to ride that way on the street, he will sadly be dead. I have a wife and 2 kids now, no bike. If i ever get terminal cancer, or just lose everything that matters to me and dont care anymore, i will get a deathwish machine like that and resume the adrenaline rush. There may be some experiences like it, maybe skydiving etc..i have never ever been able to duplicate it from any other source though. It was fun while it lasted, but comas and traction suck.lol.

Edit..i just watched the whole thing. Note how many times all lanes are full and he takes either the right or left SHOULDER at 120 to 175 mph. I have done this many times, stopped my run nearly every time. All it takes, here in the US, is a piece of debris. A tire retread, a spring, a shock, a shovel, a ladder, a dead cat, it doesnt matter. A single piece of debris hits your front tire, and its cutting flips tail over head until the bike stops. I have done that. Hit an opossum laid down in a curve at about only 80mph...that was the end of CBR NUMBER 1. This guy does it over, and over, and over...they must keep the shoulders very very clean in sweden. Surely those arent bicycle lanes on the interstate.

Yea was alot of dumb stuff we did all the time on ours. We would sit out in Morristown at night talking and decided to hit a backroad and come around Cherokee lake and come back out to where we were sitting and time each other. It was so stupid. At night, not sure of gravel or debris, and I barely missed a deer a couple times.

Had a friend that was a cop. Could ride the chit out of a bike. He had sold his bike but still had his leathers. He would get fully dressed and head out in town on another friends GSXR 750. Before he left he would turn on his issued radio and tell us give me about 5 minutes. Not long the radio calls would start coming in "we have a motorcycle wheeling down Andrew Johnson HWY at a high rate of speed". The guys apartment wasn't far off the main road and you could hear the bike just screaming through town. About 20 minutes he would pull back in the back way laughing his azz off.

Went to Road Atlanta with the same group and camped in the middle of the track to watch the Super Bike races. Made the mistake of getting dog drunk playing cards the first night there and never looked at the first Saturday morning race. It was the Harley Davidson race. It made the hangover X10. Louder than hell coming around the track. Did meet a guy that was on a older honda 50 that was drunk constantly. He looked like grape ape on it but we called him "Wheelie king". No matter day or night he was riding around on his back wheel. So strange I couldn't help but laugh.

Marcus, I have thought the same watching the guy from Sweden for years. I'm sure he puts on a fresh set of tires before he would do his runs but he's on the shoulder at 190+. I would've been nervous being on his camera crew 30 miles out on the side of the road going ok, he should've been here by now. Only to hear him coming like a bat out of hell from 2 miles out. I'm glad he made all his DVDs without killing someone or himself. I enjoy watching him every so often. But like you said, he's looking an 1/8 to a 1/4 mile making decisions at that speed with alot of factors he had no control over. No doubt he cheated death doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Marcus, I have experienced what you described in the post above. I caught myself breathless a couple of times reading it. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
Been watching some of these Japanese racing videos - apparently this is like horse racing and the Herman Munster looking guy (#5) comes from a version where it's all bikes like that. This appears to be a class competition with sport bikes, supermoto's and his style.

Looks like he's on the football team too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEYEn_fpv-4[/youtube]

Been watching some of these Japanese racing videos - apparently this is like horse racing and the Herman Munster looking guy (#5) comes from a version where it's all bikes like that. This appears to be a class competition with sport bikes, supermoto's and his style.

Looks like he's on the football team too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEYEn_fpv-4[/youtube]

OMG, that was great. Herman Munster is right :)

Here's a regular race with these bikes - looks like a blast

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHHoCDcaww[/youtube]

Marcus, I have experienced what you described in the post above. I caught myself breathless a couple of times reading it. Thanks!

I miss it Behr. I have 2 kids i cant leave without a daddy though. People who dont ride just dont see bikes. It qas terrible before text messaging existed. I cant even imagine now. Only safe way to ride hard is in full leathers, on a track.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Might have to save some nickels and dimes for this beauty. Love the 70s paint scheme. Never got a shot a Z1 or KZ900 but this could change that.

https://rideapart.com/articles/kawasaki-hints-retro-standard-z900rs-2018

K1.jpg

Getting the itch again. The new Triumph Daytona 660 looks promising.

Also considering the Yamaha R7.

I might grab a dual purpose single for zipping around on. The prices sure scale up from about $3,100 for a Honda 150 to $7,000 for XL or DR 650s to $10k plus for some serious super motos.

I’d prefer a tall seat height. 36/37 inches. The 150 is less than 33”.

And probably air-cooled. A carb is alright, but fuel injection shold be more reliable.

Attachments

• IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9930.jpeg
    IMG_9930.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2
I just wanted to post a couple photo's of the Boss Hoss trike. I'm old decided to sell the two wheeler and try a trike for size.

Picture tbob trike 002.jpgPicture tbob trike 005.jpg

Reactions: hog88

You might just be a lunatic I hit 163 on my R6 just to see where she topped out and it was terrifying. All I could think about was how close I was to death. Never had a desire to even come close to that again. 110-120 sure, not like that's much safer lol.

Put a deposit down on a Triumph Daytona 660. Carnival Red. Should be in sometime in March

bikes-my24-daytona-660-accessories-luggage-1410x792.jpg

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
You might just be a lunatic I hit 163 on my R6 just to see where she topped out and it was terrifying. All I could think about was how close I was to death. Never had a desire to even come close to that again. 110-120 sure, not like that's much safer lol.
Speedo on my GSX-R750 said 183 MPH, so probably 170ish real speed. On I-95 about 17-18 years ago now. I did a lot of dumb s*** when I was young

I've got a 2013 Suzuki V-Strom dl650. I bought a custom, sheep skin, seat pad from Alaska Leather. They were awesome to work with and the price wasn't bad for a custom. I emailed my sizes and what I was looking for. Allie let me pick out the hide, color, and thickness. The pad helps my back pain, keeps my butt from going numb / getting swampy, and I don't get burnt in the summer anymore.

Protip: order it with the nose strap and contact them before you order. They have "recommended" sizes for your bike but the 1st one I ordered was too small.
20230714_123204.jpg20230714_123330.jpg

*For 10% off, use coupon code: Deadsheep

Last edited:
Just picked up a bike I had in high school - 1982 RM 125. View attachment 621318
Sweet. When I was a kid I got a 90-something RM 80. It was my 2nd dirt bike but 1st one with a clutch. I'll never forget the first time riding it. I asked my dad how will I know when to change gears, he just said "you'll know" and off I went. I was probably 8 or 9 years old.

Reactions: jps2194
Ok. Changed my mind.

I'll be heading to Jonesboro, AR here shorty (today) to pick a '23 Honda CBR650R. $1,000 off MSRP. No freight or set up fees.

$9K OTD.

bike.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back