Most recent Madness bracket

Well i dont like that potential second round match up with Creighton. Those boys can play. And from what i have seen from them if they get hot they can shoot you out of a gym. And that would be our luck.

Reactions: Pennheel
Here is Lunardi’s most updated projections as of March 6th. I’m not sure why he moved Duke from the South, but I prefer these matchups over Lunardi’s prior projection.
I doubt the SEC gets more teams in than the Big 12 as Lunardi is currently projecting. The committee will slobber all over the Big 12 and an SEC bubble team or two won’t make it. Auburn is fortunate they beat us or they’d likely be out. I think Miss St is out. Arkansas had enough preseason hype to likely get in so I guess that would be 7 SEC teams, likely the same as the Big 12.

Reactions: vol94
I doubt the SEC gets more teams in than the Big 12 as Lunardi is currently projecting. The committee will slobber all over the Big 12 and an SEC bubble team or two won’t make it. Auburn is fortunate they beat us or they’d likely be out. I think Miss St is out. Arkansas had enough preseason hype to likely get in so I guess that would be 7 SEC teams, likely the same as the Big 12.

I still think it’s Bama, Auburn, Miss State, Ky, Mizz, A&M, Arkansas and TN. A loss to FL will keep State out, though.

You may be correct as A&M made it to the SEC title game last yr but was left out of the dance.

Edit- added Arkansas

Last edited:
I still think it’s Bama, Auburn, Miss State, Ky, Mizz, A&M, and TN. A loss to FL will keep State out, though.

You may be correct as A&M made it to the SEC title game yet left out of the dance.
So no Ar-Kansas for you?

Well i dont like that potential second round match up with Creighton. Those boys can play. And from what i have seen from them if they get hot they can shoot you out of a gym. And that would be our luck.

That’s a good point. The last bracket had TN playing Duke in Greensboro. I rather take my chances Vs Creighton than Duke (see Lunardi’s prior bracket).

It’s all a guessing game but something tells me we play Duke in Greensboro.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
I accidentally left them out. If State plays well in the tourney, then SEC will get in.
It’s possible. Historically the SEC gets little love while the Big 12 and especially the ACC and Big 10 get too much. The bubble is soft though so as long as Miss St wins a game or two and there aren’t many upsets in conference tournaments then they certainly can make it.

It’s possible. Historically the SEC gets little love while the Big 12 and especially the ACC and Big 10 get too much. The bubble is soft though so as long as Miss St wins a game or two and there aren’t many upsets in conference tournaments then they certainly can make it.

True. Every yr we see a 500 team win it’s conf tourney to get an automatic bid. If Vandy somehow gets to the title game (big if), then they could possibly knock out another SEC team. Stack has done a great job with his roster as they’ve won 8 of last 9 games.
It’s fun to speculate until they official brackets are announced.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Looks like Stackhouse and Hardaway have proven to be better coaches than most VN posters care to admit.

FqofjCiacAA0jVY

Don't think we will be a 3 seed by this time next week.
I agree. Even if we win 1st game and then beat Missouri, I don’t think that’s good enough to stay at the 11/12 overall (3 seed). We would slip to 13/14 overall (4seed) when comparing other teams. Now, the upside is if we end up BEATING Alabama for a 2nd time. If that happens we would have gone 3-0 and would finish no worse than runner up in SEC tourney. For that reason, I think we potentially move up to the 8th spot overall (2 seed)

Reactions: orangemadam
I agree. Even if we win 1st game and then beat Missouri, I don’t think that’s good enough to stay at the 11/12 overall (3 seed). We would slip to 13/14 overall (4seed) when comparing other teams. Now, the upside is if we end up BEATING Alabama for a 2nd time. If that happens we would have gone 3-0 and would finish no worse than runner up in SEC tourney. For that reason, I think we potentially move up to the 8th spot overall (2 seed)
Sunday doesn’t matter, seeding will already have been determined at that point based on the NCAA selection committee schedule

Sunday doesn’t matter, seeding will already have been determined at that point based on the NCAA selection committee schedule
Yeah you are right but they would know if they beat Bama by Saturday night. So they’d have time to “scrub” TN up to a 2 seed

They’re going to have the seeds pretty much set in stone before the weekend. They put out their schedule for when they’re doing what and by that point the only adjustments they’re making will be to slot in unexpected conference champions. The top seeds won’t change.

This is one of the few having TN as a four seed, which is probably where they will be. It’s difficult to complain after losing 6 of last 10 and your star player is injured.

I may be kidding myself but still have hope for this team to survive and advance. Anything can happen if we can get past the first weekend.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back