Most recent Madness bracket

Here is Lunardi’s most updated projections as of March 6th. I’m not sure why he moved Duke form the South, but I prefer these matchups over Lunardi’s prior projection.

There is a terrific column by Blake Toppmeyer on today's front page of the News Sentinel that has quotes from SEC special advisor for basketball Mike Tranghese that explains how the SEC has 5 of the top 12 coaching salaries in college basketball and how much the SEC has invested in college basketball and how hard it is to win six games in the NCAA Tournament and claim a national championship.

Florida's two nattys under Billy Donovan are mentioned as well as Barnes, Calipari, Musselman and Oats.

Reactions: vol94
There is a terrific column by Blake Toppmeyer on today's front page of the News Sentinel that has quotes from SEC special advisor for basketball Mike Tranghese that explains how the SEC has 5 of the top 12 coaching salaries in college basketball and how much the SEC has invested in college basketball and how hard it is to win six games in the NCAA Tournament and claim a national championship.

Florida's two nattys under Billy Donovan are mentioned as well as Barnes, Calipari, Musselman and Oats.

Thanks for the post as I will definitely read the article

Reactions: Volfan1000
Gotcha. I didn’t realize it was that late. That would make sense.

I don’t know what time it was. If it started at 7 you’d think there’s be time before his deadline. But even if Kate, that doesn’t explain an automatic qualifier being in any of those groups of 4.

I wondered if the Colonial regular season champ took the auto bid, but I didn’t see Hofstra in the field. Also wondered if the Colonial doesn’t have an automatic bid. I think he probably just messed up.

Last edited:
I don’t know what time it was. If it started at 7 you’d think there’s be time before his deadline. But even if Kate, that doesn’t explain an automatic qualifier being in any of those groups of 4.

I wondered if the Colonial regular season champ took the auto bid, but I didn’t see Horford in the field. Also wondered if the Colonial doesn’t have an automatic bid. I think he probably just messed up.
Bingo. Hofstra is NIT bound

They’re going to have the seeds pretty much set in stone before the weekend. They put out their schedule for when they’re doing what and by that point the only adjustments they’re making will be to slot in unexpected conference champions. The top seeds won’t change.

I think we could move up to the 2 line if we were to make the Title game or win the tourney. They 10000% are going to penalize us for ZZ injury. So winning in spite of that injury could shine lightly.

I wondered if the Colonial regular season champ took the auto bid, but I didn’t see Hofstra in the field. Also wondered if the Colonial doesn’t have an automatic bid. I think he probably just messed up.
The CAA tourney winner gets the auto bid. Regular season champ to the NIT if they don’t make the dance.

The CAA tourney winner gets the auto bid. Regular season champ to the NIT if they don’t make the dance.

So ESPN’s bracketology blew it. Even if the game yesterday finished late, Charleston shouldn’t be in the last 4 out unless they were a potential at-large team with a different CAA team in the field. I don’t see another CAA team in their bracket,

Reactions: hUTch2002
Even as a Carolina fan,them still being in the last 4 out despite being 1-8 in quad one wins amuses me. They squandered every opportunity they had this year as a #1 preseason ranked team with the talent they have on the team. Win the ACC tourney and remove that doubt,but I'd take several mid major teams with better credentials at this point. I get ratings,money and the need for power programs though so there you go.

VN Store

Back