Most Popular Team: Broncos, Least Popular Team: Titans

Colts went from #2 to #26 after Manning left.
Broncos went from #17 to #1 after Manning arrived.

Colts also had the lost Curtis Painter year in there which helped purge the bandwagon.

If nothing else, the full chart shows winning more than anything brings fans. Look at the Broncos numbers with during Elway's winning years, .500ish years without Elway, and now winning with Manning.

Look at the Colts number. It wasn't straight top 3 across the manning years. It took several years to build that.

Reactions: 1 person
Colts also had the lost Curtis Painter year in there which helped purge the bandwagon.

If nothing else, the full chart shows winning more than anything brings fans. Look at the Broncos numbers with during Elway's winning years, .500ish years without Elway, and now winning with Manning.

Look at the Colts number. It wasn't straight top 3 across the manning years. It took several years to build that.

That is like saying Lebron isn't going to have an impact on Miami and Cleveland. Come on, Peyton is a God.

That is like saying Lebron isn't going to have an impact on Miami and Cleveland. Come on, Peyton is a God.

I'm not disputing that Manning is wildly popular.

What I'm disputing is that Manning=fans.

I think that it's Manning+Winning=fans.

Put Manning on a weak franchise like Tampa, the Jags, or even the Titans and he doesn't crack the top 5 winning 6 to 9 games while scrapping for the wild card.

I'm not disputing that Manning is wildly popular.

What I'm disputing is that Manning=fans.

I think that it's Manning+Winning=fans.

Put Manning on a weak franchise like Tampa, the Jags, or even the Titans and he doesn't crack the top 5 winning 6 to 9 games while scrapping for the wild card.
I agree with you.

Why didn't hey use the name Nashville instead of Tennessee like most NFL teams do?

Why not? Only team in Tennessee. A lot of teams share a state.

New York: NY Giants, NY Jets, Buffalo
California: SF, SD, Oakland
Florida: Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
Texas: Dallas, Houston
Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Ohio: Cincinnati, Cleveland
Missouri: Kansas City, St. Louis
Maryland-ish: Washington, Baltimore

The remaining teams that don't share a state:
Detroit
Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Carolina

New Orleans
Atlanta
Arizona
Seattle
New England
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Denver

I get what you mean that not a lot teams are named after the state but a lot of the teams do also share a state. If you have the state to yourself, might as well try to represent the state and market yourself state wide rather than a city. Not that it's doing the Titans any favors as far as fandom goes... lol

Why not? Only team in Tennessee. A lot of teams share a state.

New York: NY Giants, NY Jets, Buffalo
California: SF, SD, Oakland
Florida: Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
Texas: Dallas, Houston
Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Ohio: Cincinnati, Cleveland
Missouri: Kansas City, St. Louis
Maryland-ish: Washington, Baltimore

The remaining teams that don't share a state:
Detroit
Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Carolina

New Orleans
Atlanta
Arizona
Seattle
New England
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Denver

I get what you mean that not a lot teams are named after the state but a lot of the teams do also share a state. If you have the state to yourself, might as well try to represent the state and market yourself state wide rather than a city. Not that it's doing the Titans any favors as far as fandom goes... lol

I think NY is for the city not state but not sure.

Tennessee should have become more regional like New England and claimed all the southern states without a team like Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama etc.. I'm sure The "Bible Belt Titans" would bring in more fans and would move them up from the last place spot.

Tennessee should have become more regional like New England and claimed all the southern states without a team like Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama etc.. I'm sure The "Bible Belt Titans" would bring in more fans and would move them up from the last place spot.

I like it. How about:

Appalachian Animals (Army, Argonauts, Black Bears, etc.)

I'm not sure the retractable roof stadium idea would be a far fetched request in 15 years. It really depends on what Nashville wants and the rumblings are already about Nashville hosting a Super Bowl, Final Four, etc. Indianapolis did it and they are about the same size market.

How much of/large is this rumbling by the city though?

The difference between Indianapolis's and Nashville's metropolitan areas is about 500,000 people. (If one just goes on core cities, it's a population ranked 12th in the country versus one ranked around 26th or 27th.)

The Colts might not have as big a national market as some franchises due, but the city they're in is a large(r) market.

How much of/large is this rumbling by the city though?

The difference between Indianapolis's and Nashville's metropolitan areas is about 500,000 people. (If one just goes on core cities, it's a population ranked 12th in the country versus one ranked around 26th or 27th.)

The Colts might not have as big a national market as some franchises due, but the city they're in is a large(r) market.

It's larger than you think. Some of the more prominent sports "higher-ups" want Nashville to host a Super Bowl and become one the "it" cities when it comes to sports, and that only happens with a stadium like Indy's.

You also have to figure the rate of growth of Nashville. It's one of the country's fastest growing Metro areas and in 15 years the gap will be closed between Indy and Nashville.

The Bible Belt Black Bears ftw

Really. How about komodo dragon.

Is texas suppose to be apart of the bible belt?

Because if it is I find it ironic when you have the man cave restaurants of twin peaks, and bone daddys.

Last edited:
I think NY is for the city not state but not sure.

The Mid South Marauders. The Music City Legends. The KenTen BlueVols (see what I did there?)

It's larger than you think. Some of the more prominent sports "higher-ups" want Nashville to host a Super Bowl and become one the "it" cities when it comes to sports, and that only happens with a stadium like Indy's.

You also have to figure the rate of growth of Nashville. It's one of the country's fastest growing Metro areas and in 15 years the gap will be closed between Indy and Nashville.

This is true. Nashville is growing and growing quickly. Really middle TN as a whole is. Look how Murfreesboro and Clarksville have exploded in the last 20 years. Those used to be small towns lol

All this shows is that the average NFL fan is a bandwagon fan. The titans being 9th in 2009 when they started 10-0 proves that

Reactions: 2 people
All this shows is that the average NFL fan is a bandwagon fan. The titans being 9th in 2009 when they started 10-0 proves that

I believe you mean 2008 the season they lost to the ravens 13-10 in the second round.
2009 they started 0-6 then won 5 straight and finished 8-8.

I thought with all the huge problems the raiders have they would be up high in popularity.

A lot of this has to do with the fact we are a young NFL fan base. 14 yrs. Its all a part of growing up and learning the NFL. Yeah, we're all football smart but we're not NFL fan smart. Yet. Think back at the beginning of this franchise here - when they let Al Del Greco go you'd thought we had shot Jesus. Fans loved him but they didn't understand that how they play the game over rode the love of the player. This isn't college where a player goes because he likes the place. Soon, they saw that there were others as good as Al. Same thing with icon players like McNair, DMas, Eddie, Bullock. Fans screamed but not nearly as loud as when Al was let go. Sometimes you just part ways because of business decision.

In the end, it will take a generation to get the fans like Clev, Det, Arz have where they cheer and follow the team high or low regardless of play that specific year. We're just learning.

A lot of this has to do with the fact we are a young NFL fan base. 14 yrs. Its all a part of growing up and learning the NFL. Yeah, we're all football smart but we're not NFL fan smart. Yet. Think back at the beginning of this franchise here - when they let Al Del Greco go you'd thought we had shot Jesus. Fans loved him but they didn't understand that how they play the game over rode the love of the player. This isn't college where a player goes because he likes the place. Soon, they saw that there were others as good as Al. Same thing with icon players like McNair, DMas, Eddie, Bullock. Fans screamed but not nearly as loud as when Al was let go. Sometimes you just part ways because of business decision.

In the end, it will take a generation to get the fans like Clev, Det, Arz have where they cheer and follow the team high or low regardless of play that specific year. We're just learning.

In the meantime if the titans continue to have another failed unpalatable season we can show our loyalty. Adversity reveals character far easier to cheer and follow a team when the road is smooth and the team is winning.

In the meantime if the titans continue to have another failed unpalatable season we can show our loyalty. Adversity reveals character far easier to cheer and follow a team when the road is smooth and the team is winning.

Should put this in a fortune cookie

Reactions: 2 people
This is true. Nashville is growing and growing quickly. Really middle TN as a whole is. Look how Murfreesboro and Clarksville have exploded in the last 20 years. Those used to be small towns lol

Even places like Wilson County are growing. Spring Hill and further south of the main suburbs are growing. Nashville is booming.

Very good point.

When I went to the Cleveland game, it seemed fairly apparent there's a solid base in Nashville.

VN Store

Back