Most Popular Team: Broncos, Least Popular Team: Titans

Meh, it's a goofy poll.

Even if teams like the Titans/Jags/Rams/Bucs were winning, they still probably wouldn't crack the top 20.

I disagree, put Manning on any of these teams and they crack the top 3.

I've come to the conclusion they need a uniform overhaul. I used to think the 2 tone jersey looked good but now it kind of looks silly to me. Plus for whatever reason they constantly choose to wear Titan blue jerseys over navy pants at home and that is IMHO their worst combo and looks way too XFL like. I wish they'd wear their Titan blue jerseys over white pants like the 2 games they did last year, by far their best look as Titans. Either do that or go back to the classic navy jerseys over white.

But honestly the helmet now looks blah to me with the "flaming thumbtacks" logo. So I'm in favor of a new look but keep the color scheme.
The logo is very unattractive.

I've come to the conclusion they need a uniform overhaul. I used to think the 2 tone jersey looked good but now it kind of looks silly to me. Plus for whatever reason they constantly choose to wear Titan blue jerseys over navy pants at home and that is IMHO their worst combo and looks way too XFL like. I wish they'd wear their Titan blue jerseys over white pants like the 2 games they did last year, by far their best look as Titans. Either do that or go back to the classic navy jerseys over white.

But honestly the helmet now looks blah to me with the "flaming thumbtacks" logo. So I'm in favor of a new look but keep the color scheme.

I don't hate the Titans uniforms, i do hate the Bucs uniforms though.

I assumed they chose "Titans" for alliteration, not the other way around. I think they want to expand the fanbase, as huff said.

I'm not surprised TN is near the bottom of the list. I am surprised they're all the way at the bottom.

They're just a boring franchise lately, so they don't get the bandwagon fans that NE, Denver, Dallas, Pittsburgh, NY, etc. do when they get franchise players like Peyton. The Titans need an exciting franchise QB.

And those teams have larger core fanbases to begin with anyway, being located in significantly larger markets.

Fair point. I had forgotten they went with "Tennessee Oilers" the first two years in the state.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe they choose "Tennessee" to appeal to the entire state.

The stadium issue will be looming quicker than most think. They're halfway into a 30 year lease and in just 15 years the stadium is already starting to be dated compared to newer venues. I think the place already looks kinda rundown.

Right, I understand that.

I'm not sure the city would make a hard stand against the team asking for anything stadium related, though, yet (unless they asked for like a huge, retractable dome stadium...which I think even their owner and front office know would be silly for a market and city this size).

But from what I understand, Nashville still seems to attribute a lot of its more recent, fairly rapid growth and such in this period to having had an NFL franchise move there.

Reactions: 1 person
Right, I understand that.

I'm not sure the city would make a hard stand against the team asking for anything stadium related, though, yet (unless they asked for like a huge, retractable dome stadium...which I think even their owner and front office know would be silly for a market and city this size).

But from what I understand, Nashville still seems to attribute a lot of its more recent, fairly rapid growth and such in this period to having had an NFL franchise move there.

I'm not sure the retractable roof stadium idea would be a far fetched request in 15 years. It really depends on what Nashville wants and the rumblings are already about Nashville hosting a Super Bowl, Final Four, etc. Indianapolis did it and they are about the same size market.

Are you confident the 49ers will win, or just engaging in good old fashioned trash talk?

Beginning of the year I would have said 49ers, but at this point I have no idea who'll win. Both teams are good and have multiple personalities.

Are you confident the 49ers will win, or just engaging in good old fashioned trash talk?

Beginning of the year I would have said 49ers, but at this point I have no idea who'll win. Both teams are good and have multiple personalities.

Both? Lol

I would have said Niners before the season too. I agree it depends on which Broncos and which Niners team shows up. The secondary was the biggest question heading into the year, but it's played really well.

They're just a boring franchise lately, so they don't get the bandwagon fans that NE, Denver, Dallas, Pittsburgh, NY, etc. do when they get franchise players like Peyton. The Titans need an exciting franchise QB.

And pretty much. They have no big name superstar type players on offense or defense and run one of the most boring offenses in the entire league. Sprinkle in a terrible W-L record and nobody is going to care much.

I haven't had much interest in the titans due to the way they handled Eddie George's retirement and for the way they handled cutting Steve McNair. When organizations treat people poorly then it's hard to root for them. I also will never pull for the Colts after the way they handled Peyton and the coaches getting canned.

I disagree, put Manning on any of these teams and they crack the top 3.

I would be shocked if that were true.

Manning is a huge draw, I don't dispute that. But he had a decade to build the Indy following and he went to a franchise in Denver that was already well established from the Elway years.

Most casual fans have zero connection to the lower ranked, small market teams.

They might move up past 10 or 15, but no way they'd pass Dallas/GB/Pitt/SF.

That seems unlikely. Their season ticket sales, at this point, have still been consistently high going into their seasons (they was either a sell-out once the tickets went on sale, or like a 98% renewal among the ticket holders).

(Their attendance did drop late in the year, but at the same time, that pretty much happens with any bad team in it's last month or so of games.)

It'd be another thing if, say, the team suddenly asked about getting a new stadium and the city said no (that - mainly on the point of the former - would be pretty unlikely to occur at this point though).

But honestly, where they rank nationally on a list of everyone's favorite teams wouldn't really have that much of an effect on a franchise staying or moving.

Having the PSL requirement for season tickets helps ensure a consistent revenue stream regardless of team's performance. It will only hurt with the vast majority of fans give up their PSLs without reselling them then no one buys them. I seriously doubt that will happen.

I do hope they will consider some sort of retractable roof in the future as someone suggested. Summers in the south are brutal and the heat usually last well into November (of course, not this year). If they do I hope they'd build in south of Bridgestone Arena instead of across the river. Would be better to include Lower Broad in the game day experience instead of making you chose between LB or tailgating at the stadium because right now you cant do both due to the distance.

I haven't had much interest in the titans due to the way they handled Eddie George's retirement and for the way they handled cutting Steve McNair. When organizations treat people poorly then it's hard to root for them. I also will never pull for the Colts after the way they handled Peyton and the coaches getting canned.

I thought they handled Manning fine.

Feeling self-conscious about the fact that my team is less popular than the Bills or the Chargers.
I've always heard SD has more trouble selling tickets than even Jacksonville.

Last edited:
Feeling self-conscious about the fact that my team is less popular than the Bills or the Chargers.
I've always heard SD has more trouble selling tickets than even Jacksonville.

i know several Charger fans from SD. They say they struggle more than you'd think but it's nothing like Jax.

I believe they choose "Tennessee" to appeal to the entire state.

The stadium issue will be looming quicker than most think. They're halfway into a 30 year lease and in just 15 years the stadium is already starting to be dated compared to newer venues. I think the place already looks kinda rundown.

I never thought LP Field was that great to begin with. Now, its age is really starting to show how bad it is.

I really want the Titans to become a successful franchise again. When the Titans fell off, the Predators and Grizz became relevant. The more successful franchises in this state, the better. We only have 3.

Last edited:
Surprising the Redskins have remained in the upper half(if even barley) because they've been horrible the last 20 years

I would be shocked if that were true.

Manning is a huge draw, I don't dispute that. But he had a decade to build the Indy following and he went to a franchise in Denver that was already well established from the Elway years.

Most casual fans have zero connection to the lower ranked, small market teams.

They might move up past 10 or 15, but no way they'd pass Dallas/GB/Pitt/SF.

Colts went from #2 to #26 after Manning left.
Broncos went from #17 to #1 after Manning arrived.

VN Store

Back