Most passionate Fans?

I was always impressed by the Syracuse Basketball fans while living there. They were rationally passionate, if that makes sense. You didn't have quite the level of crazy that the SEC does, but there were hardly any that crapped on the program when they went through a rough patch. Essentially, they always gave their undying support and showed up for every game; now Syracuse football is a whoooooole 'nuther story.... I think they would put more tails through the turnstiles for basketball games than football, so I guess that balances it out....

Penn State, Notre Dame, and Red Sox fans are just as passionate. Who ever said Yankee fans is wrong. Biggest bunch of fair weather fans in the world

We definitely have some of the best fans, I mean just look at this board. 50 times better than any of the ones I've been to. And about Ohio St. fans, I really don't like them, especially how the Michigan rivalry gets so overhyped.

Yeah, i'd love to see Ohio State play in the SEC for a year and see if they still believe they're God's gift to college football. Same thing for Notre Dame.

Only in the SEC will you find fans, that never remotely came close to attending any institution of higher learning other than the law mandates, pour money and time into their favorite collegiate team over years and years to finally rest in peace in a coffin fully detailed out with logos such as the Power T, a gator, a gamecock, an elephant, or a bulldog. Nobody is snickering or laughing at the funeral either. Lots of ohs ahs and wondering how they can get theirs ordered takes place. Only ONE reason why I love SEC football.

Visit West Virginia, Ohio, Penn, Indiana (basketball and Notre Dame) Michigan, NC (basketball Duke and UNC) and you will find just as many redneck fans from outside the metro areas who get buried with symbols on there coffins. There are fanatics in all conference we're just the best conference so people who get beat by us use it as an excuse. "That's all the have down their is college football." Last time I checked TN, GA, LA, and FL had everything that any other area of the country has and more. F the North. F the West. F the East Coast. F the Weest coast. They hate us because they can't beat us.

I've been a Yankees fan my whole life since I was born up there. Then moved down here and picked up a love for the VOLS. It's no surprise to me to see people love SEC football as much cause I've always been that kind of fan. Those are the two teams that I would show the most passion for because it's a pride thing, and it's expected

After what I saw happen with Tennessee's fanbase when Kiffin left, it would be hard for me to say that Tennessee isn't the most passionate.

Penn State, Notre Dame, and Red Sox fans are just as passionate. Who ever said Yankee fans is wrong. Biggest bunch of fair weather fans in the world

And you're not saying that Ohio State is full of fair weather fans??? Before they had Tressel and lost to South Carolina two years in a row, they were flipping out and were about to kill themselves

completely agree. Not always a good thing, but it is a defining characteristic of the South. I am proud to be from TN. At least you don't have to worry about your local college moving to another town for a stadium deal.

And you're not saying that Ohio State is full of fair weather fans??? Before they had Tressel and lost to South Carolina two years in a row, they were flipping out and were about to kill themselves
OSU fans may seem deranged when it comes to discussing college football, but they aren't fairweather fans. Fairweather is like USC was when they were down, where they had pathetic attendance numbers. OSU fans may be not be the brightest group, but fairweather isn't the word to describe them.

That's not really fair weather behavior. Their last coach couldn't beat their biggest rival and had a couple of bad years. Not sure it's much different than how UT fans were with Fulmer a few years ago except Cooper didn't have a NC to fall back on.

That's not really fair weather behavior. Their last coach couldn't beat their biggest rival and had a couple of bad years. Not sure it's much different than how UT fans were with Fulmer a few years ago except Cooper didn't have a NC to fall back on.
Do you remember how their attendance was at that time? I don't remember there being a bunch of empty seats like there have been at Neyland, but I could be wrong. Of course, they weren't struggling as much as Tennessee was.

Do you remember how their attendance was at that time? I don't remember there being a bunch of empty seats like there have been at Neyland, but I could be wrong. Of course, they weren't struggling as much as Tennessee was.
I think the economy added with the fact that outside of knoxville the closest cities of substantial size are 2-3 hours away from neyland(with gas prices leveling out at a cool $2.60 a gallon) has more to do with empty seats than UT's average play. Just my opinion.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think the economy added with the fact that outside of knoxville the closest cities of substantial size are 2-3 hours away from neyland(with gas prices leveling out at a cool $2.60 a gallon) has more to do with empty seats than UT's average play. Just my opinion.
It may have an effect, but our attendance seemed to pick up a bit when we had a little more excitement around the program.

Nebraska, Texas, A&M are all pretty passionate. Nebraska, as much as I hate them, has a pretty classy fan base but that could be because they kick our teeth in everytime we face them.

No, you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was defending them and saying that they are nothing but fair weather fans, hence they were about to kill themselves.

Don't forget about the HDTV's....

Nebraska fans are great and for many of the same reasons SEC fans are. As someone said though, as a conference only ACC basketball comes close to the passion that the SEC has for football.

THIS. Nebraska has fans that rival the passion and devotion of SEC fans. Some of the best.

Central and South American Futbal fans as well as European futbal fans are waaaaay more passionate as a whole than Southern American football fans. Meaning as a rule, the average soccer fan in these regions trumps the average football fan here in terms of passion. (Some of us could give them a run of course but as a whole)

Cracks me up to see a guy walk out of the gas station moaning about $2.60 a gallon while he takes a sip of his $2.00 20oz WATER!!! What's that per gallon? Haha

VN Store

Back